Halo 5 - Epic VS Awesome

Maybe a few know the discussion started by some humans in “Halo Followers”; the difference between “epic” and “awesome”.

Halo 2 is “Awesome”.
Halo 4 is “Epic”.

… not only in their style of musictypes. I think its the whole storyline, too.
In Halo 2 you played as the Arbiter the first time. You can understand the most of the alien languages (including a lot of cutscenes in High Charity).

Halo 4 is a bit “over epic”. But that is not bad - because H4 had to be like this. It starts a new triology.
But I think H5 should have more “awesome” stuff again. Maybe not so much than H2 … but for sure more than H4 has.

What does that mean?

Soundtracks: more fast stuff, less “epic” themes could be played, too. Remixes of Themes. Less the “everything is big”-feeling // more the “we are cool and we will show em what we can”-feeling.

Storyline: maybe more heros than just MC. Return of the Arbiter? + More Characters inside the Storyline(s). Also more “crazy” or heroic actions by the characters are possible.

Generally: a bit less seriousness of everything. Iam not talking over add jokes or something like that. I mean it like: keep things open/free. Not everything has to be so epic that you have the feeling - it wont change in hundrets of years.
In H2 for example MC got teleported by a gravemind direct into High Charity. IT was just crazy. And if we look it under an “epic”-view it might be realy a wrong idea. But it was Awesome.

So what you think? Should Halo 5 be more “Awesome” (again?) - more like H2 (and H3). Or should it follow the epic line of H4 without changes?

Check the Poll, too.

Keep in mind: the terms “Awesome” and “Epic” stand here against eachother. It is “Awesome” VS “Epic”. It is assumed that H5 will be great; the question is: great by epicness, or great by awesomeness?

Both.

Why not both? “Epicly awesome!” or awesomeness on a epic scale or something…

Judging by how pissed the Chief looked there at the end I’d say there’s going to be a pretty substantial jump in asskicking rates around the Milky Way.

I honestly don’t get what you mean, the words are pretty much the same. In the small chance I understood correctly though, I’ll go with a bit of both :slight_smile:

> I honestly don’t get what you mean, the words are pretty much the same. In the small chance I understood correctly though, I’ll go with a bit of both :slight_smile:

I know. Its hard to sepreate this two terms. Normally they are nealry the same.

“Epic” means (easy said:) more serious - but also less cool (more emotional stuff).
“Awesome” means (easy said:) more heroic - but also more unrealistic (more ‘funny’ stuff).

I also hope for a 50%/50% plan for H5 (if we said that H4 was nealr 90% or 100% “Epic”).
But this will be a hard job for 343. Especially cuz H5 should be the darker part of the 2nd Halo-Triology.

Btw: here is the link where a similar discussion over “Epic” VS “Awesome” (focused on the music here) started.

[its Halo Follower - and a bit older already]