Halo 5 emblems in Infinite

Hi all,
i just thought of the idea of allowing players to keep their earned emblems from halo 5 in the next halo game. I think it wouldn’t be that big of a problem to copy those over and maybe it is a cool initiative for players who lost their drive to play halo 5. They could earn more locked emblems and halo 5 could potentially get some lost players back.
Would do you guys think ?

As long as I can maintain my H5 emblem for Infinite, I’m satisfied. :slight_smile:

I hope they’re all unlocked by default.

I want to go back to the old emblem system. Adding a few of H5’s into that and allowing you to mix them up a little would be nice, but I’m not a fan at all of the system H5 uses.

> 2533274966517097;3:
> I hope they’re all unlocked by default.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope Halo goes back to the older system, perhaps with a percentage gated off for achievement related acquisition.

That or we have a whole new system in HI, I’d welcome that as well. I’d like to see 343i give us a new take on it.

Emblems should not have to be unlocked through random chance. They’re just a simple thing players express themselves with. Part of the fun of customizing is mixing and matching various emblem pieces. All should be unlocked, save for a few that you need to earn.

> 2533274909712896;4:
> I want to go back to the old emblem system. Adding a few of H5’s into that and allowing you to mix them up a little would be nice, but I’m not a fan at all of the system H5 uses.

I wasn’t a fan of H5s emblem system either. Practically no customization. I’d take MCC emblem customization over H5s.

> 2533274935832810;1:
> Hi all,
> i just thought of the idea of allowing players to keep their earned emblems from halo 5 in the next halo game. I think it wouldn’t be that big of a problem to copy those over and maybe it is a cool initiative for players who lost their drive to play halo 5. They could earn more locked emblems and halo 5 could potentially get some lost players back.
> Would do you guys think ?

I’d rather they make banners and emblems separate again. I want to display an emblem on my armor for clan reasons. If they have banners for when they’re in matchmaking lobbies I’m cool with it though.

I feel like all of the emblems should be unlocked by default as well as any backgrounds / accents (if any). Then I would also like them to show on our armor again like they did in Reach just so that the emblems aren’t just something to look at in lobbies and pause screens.

> 2533274911267611;8:
> > 2533274935832810;1:
> > Hi all,
> > i just thought of the idea of allowing players to keep their earned emblems from halo 5 in the next halo game. I think it wouldn’t be that big of a problem to copy those over and maybe it is a cool initiative for players who lost their drive to play halo 5. They could earn more locked emblems and halo 5 could potentially get some lost players back.
> > Would do you guys think ?
>
> I’d rather they make banners and emblems separate again. I want to display an emblem on my armor for clan reasons. If they have banners for when they’re in matchmaking lobbies I’m cool with it though.

Yep, I like the nameplates from MCC, but with having the system for creating emblems we had before. You have to either unlock nameplates with in game currency or through special tasks, and all emblems are unlocked by default, save some which will require certain tasks/achievements.

> 2533274966517097;3:
> I hope they’re all unlocked by default.

Agreed. I’ve used Triad since 2004, and having to unlock in Halo 5 was silly. On top of loot boxes for emblems, I believe the Triad was bugged. I unlocked everything and maxed out a lot of commendations on the hunt for my trusty emblem. It was only after an undocumented fix in a patch I received it randomly.