halo 5 elite MP problems

I was just wondering about the problems and complications that may accrue in halo 5 multiplayer if Elites are reintroduced. for instance there is a significant hight and size differance between elites and spartans that would make multiplayer somewhat unbalenced when playing as an elite, for example the elites bulk and size would make them more easy targets when it comes to mixed spieces gametpes, giving elite players the disadvantige dureing the match.

plz reply and give your own views
thanks

Well, if they went the way they did in Halo 2/3, resizing Elites in Multiplayer so they aren’t bigger than Spartans, then the only issues that could rise up would be due to bugs, which can occur building any type of character model.

Well, I mean yeah they could re size the elites, but I don’t see too many problems as long the damage they take is the same. They couldn’t do it in Reach due to the fact the elites health regenerates. But, I don’t see why not.

That concept did pop into my mind at one point, Altough if rescaled elites were to be playable in firefight/spartan ops game types it would be somewhat flawed to see full sized enemy type elites fighting against elite players that are almost half the size.

> That concept did pop into my mind at one point, Altough if rescaled elites were to be playable in firefight/spartan ops game types it would be somewhat flawed to see full sized enemy type elites fighting against elite players that are almost half the size.

Well the simple solution to that is to not resize them in those modes. Either that or don’t have Elites in Firefight/Spartan Ops, which wouldn’t be a huge sacrifice so long as we got them back in Multiplayer where it really matters to most Elite fans.

I absolutely hate the idea of Elites being smaller than their canon size just so they can be in multiplayer. If hitboxes matter, then we should just use the same spartan hitboxes. Maybe Elites could be playable in Spartan Ops and Co-Op Campaign, but that should be it. And they should be their full size.

> I absolutely hate the idea of Elites being smaller than their canon size just so they can be in multiplayer. If hitboxes matter, then we should just use the same spartan hitboxes. Maybe Elites could be playable in Spartan Ops and Co-Op Campaign, but that should be it. And they should be their full size.

^This.
If Elites were to be playable I would rather have them full sized and to balance it out make them like how we used them in Reach (Invasion, custom games, etc.) Better than nothing right?

> I absolutely hate the idea of Elites being smaller than their canon size just so they can be in multiplayer. If hitboxes matter, then we should just use the same spartan hitboxes. Maybe Elites could be playable in Spartan Ops and Co-Op Campaign, but that should be it. And they should be their full size.

Well, if we’re going to go that route (wouldn’t recommend it), then I want the full package. Meaning, I want some gameplay advantages to playing as an Elite.

I’d rather keep the size of the Elites but make them playable in specific modes or areas of the game, such as missions in the campaign (similar to Halo 2 with the Arbiter) or Spartan Ops or Firefight (like firefight versus from Halo Reach) or in multiplayer for modes like dominion or Invasion.

The most important thing toward implementing elites in multiplayer is to have the gametype be enjoyable for both parties - Spartans and Elites since Elites will be very different in both size and ability (similar toward Halo Reach). Invasion does this to an impressive degree with it’s tiers of weapons and vehicles. When played as the Covenant against the Spartan there were noteable differences that weren’t game breaking or just absurdly ubalanced or one-sided.

Maybe in certain gametypes like reach or make them the same size and Spartans so the hit boxes are the same.

OK wait a second. I just had a wonderful idea. What if they decide that the Arbiter is letting the UNSC help train the younger Sangheli? That way, there’s an excuse for them being smaller, and a potential story reason for them to be fighting beside each other in Spartan Ops.

Less elongated neck, smaller, and with shorter limbs, and you’ve got yourself a Spartan hitbox!

Canonically Elites were supposed to be 7’2, and had always been that way with the exception of only the Halo CE manual. They changed it to between 7’2 and 8’6 with the 2011 Visual guide, but that’s only an 8 inch difference to Spartan’s 7’2 on average if the range is normally distributed. Reach and Halo 4 broke the trend for no real reason. In other words, height differences (There are none, in practical terms, in canon) seem like an excuse to keep them out of MP, rather than a reason why they cannot be in MP.

Uh, isn’t the arbiter shown to be way taller than MC in Halo 3 cutscenes?

> Uh, isn’t the arbiter shown to be way taller than MC in Halo 3 cutscenes?

Thel 'Vadam stood at 7’10". Arbiter] The Average Sangheili was somewhere around 7’2" or 7’4" I believe. Correct me if i’m wrong about the average Sangheili height.

The problem with not allowing Elites in most modes is that it pretty much kills the point of having them in the game to begin with.

We want to LOOK like Elites, pretty much nothing else matters. Almost every single book and game before Reach described Elites as physically and capably equal to Spartans. Strength, speed, agility, etc were all around par to a Spartan, as well as being roughly the same size. It wasn’t until around the time that Halo Wars, and Halo Reach came out that everything got ret-conned to where Elites were effectively bastardized into what they are today.

Today they are big, they are cumbersome, they are stupid (and I’m not even kidding here, they are portrayed as if they have the intelligence of a gorilla), they are slow, and they are bullet sponges.

It SUCKS that such an epic, noble, and powerful race of basically naturally born Spartans was reduced to being literally exactly the same as Brutes.

343i literally stated that Jul 'Mdama is the SMARTEST LIVING ELITE. What the hell does that say for the rest of them? Jul is about as smart as Tartarus. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

Elites, as conceived in the late 1990s, and maintained until 2007, were supposed to be big and scary compared to a HUMAN BEING, but they were supposed to be equals to a Spartan. I think everyone forgot that fact somewhere along the lines. And for whatever stupid reason, they were made to be big and scary compared to a Spartan. Which is in EVERY SINGLE WAY wrong, and basically helped to kill an entire fanbase of the game.

So I will put it this way: If you like Elites to be big, cumbersome, stupid beasts. You are a Reach kid, simple as that. You likely didn’t play or experience the golden age of Halo games, and only went back and played them afterwards. You remember Halo Reach Elite clans and think “wow that was awesome, it was the glory days” but it REALLY wasn’t. The Halo Reach Elite Clan community was pathetic compared to the Halo 2/3 Elite clan community. Halo Reach actually nearly killed it, the Elite clans were pretty much all barely living of the scrapes of members who wouldn’t give up. Then Halo 4 came along, and now Elite clans are slim-to-nonexistent. And the few left alive are somewhere between only 8 and 20 members strong. It’s terrible.

> Canonically Elites were supposed to be 7’2, and had always been that way with the exception of only the Halo CE manual. They changed it to between 7’2 and 8’6 with the 2011 Visual guide, but that’s only an 8 inch difference to Spartan’s 7’2 on average if the range is normally distributed. Reach and Halo 4 broke the trend for no real reason. In other words, height differences (There are none, in practical terms, in canon) seem like an excuse to keep them out of MP, rather than a reason why they cannot be in MP.

Reach broke it because you a Spartan III, not a Spartan II, so you were more normal sized, according to Bungie. That’s why Reach had “fat” Spartans.

Halo 4 probably broke it so that jumping from Campaign to MP (the Spartan IV’s are supposed to be smaller, weaker, and cheaper like the Spartan III’s) wouldn’t be so unusual.

Elites in Halo 3 should’ve stood at their normal height and be as tall as Spartans, not squashed.

As for MP, they should be different sizes unless they decided to make the Spartans IV’s tougher and taller. ANY advantage that the Elites would get would be balanced by bigger hitboxes.

> The problem with not allowing Elites in most modes is that it pretty much kills the point of having them in the game to begin with.
>
> We want to LOOK like Elites, pretty much nothing else matters. Almost every single book and game before Reach described Elites as physically and capably equal to Spartans. Strength, speed, agility, etc were all around par to a Spartan, as well as being roughly the same size. It wasn’t until around the time that Halo Wars, and Halo Reach came out that everything got ret-conned to where Elites were effectively bastardized into what they are today.
>
> Today they are big, they are cumbersome, they are stupid (and I’m not even kidding here, they are portrayed as if they have the intelligence of a gorilla), they are slow, and they are bullet sponges.
>
> It SUCKS that such an epic, noble, and powerful race of basically naturally born Spartans was reduced to being literally exactly the same as Brutes.
>
> 343i literally stated that Jul 'Mdama is the SMARTEST LIVING ELITE. What the hell does that say for the rest of them? Jul is about as smart as Tartarus. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
>
> Elites, as conceived in the late 1990s, and maintained until 2007, were supposed to be big and scary compared to a HUMAN BEING, but they were supposed to be equals to a Spartan. I think everyone forgot that fact somewhere along the lines. And for whatever stupid reason, they were made to be big and scary compared to a Spartan. Which is in EVERY SINGLE WAY wrong, and basically helped to kill an entire fanbase of the game.
>
>
> So I will put it this way: If you like Elites to be big, cumbersome, stupid beasts. You are a Reach kid, simple as that. You likely didn’t play or experience the golden age of Halo games, and only went back and played them afterwards. You remember Halo Reach Elite clans and think “wow that was awesome, it was the glory days” but it REALLY wasn’t. The Halo Reach Elite Clan community was pathetic compared to the Halo 2/3 Elite clan community. Halo Reach actually nearly killed it, the Elite clans were pretty much all barely living of the scrapes of members who wouldn’t give up. Then Halo 4 came along, and now Elite clans are slim-to-nonexistent. And the few left alive are somewhere between only 8 and 20 members strong. It’s terrible.

This^

Sangheili have been destroyed by 343i as far as i can see it. In Reach the elites were bigger because the spartasn were spartan II"s not as tall as a spartan II but by little at that but in 4 when i saw MC flip off the brute that was clearly twice his size or when i assassinated my first elite and MC was a shrimps compared to him i felt a little like i was about the throw up. I didn’t kill the elites in Halo 4 because it saved others or it was because the story had me too it was because they made me feel sick. They were an insult to what they were and if Jul Mdama is the smartest of the elites that is about as stupid as saying Spartan IVs are the best Spartans ever.

The way i see it 343i it is elites in MP or Halo dies. That has been made clear by Reach and 4. People have complained about Reach and 4 alot more than any other Halo game. Maybe they have a secret agenda or something…maybe i’m just guessing but either way Sangheili Fans make up more of you fanbase than you think.

resizing the elites…NO absolutely NOT. not to be mean or anything by any chance.

> resizing the elites…NO absolutely NOT. not to be mean or anything by any chance.

Solution…don’t resize the elites reszie the Spartans. I don’t give a damn about Spartan IV’s and I am sure the majority of the fans don’t give a damn so why even have them in future MP. Just give us Spartan II’s that would handle the whole Elite size dif. If not mostly than entirely.

I say the Elites should be their proper size but that isn’t the fight right now. That is the battle for later. Now we must get to the park later we will see if we are tall enough to use the rides.

> > resizing the elites…NO absolutely NOT. not to be mean or anything by any chance.
>
> Solution…don’t resize the elites reszie the Spartans. I don’t give a damn about Spartan IV’s and I am sure the majority of the fans don’t give a damn so why even have them in future MP. Just give us Spartan II’s that would handle the whole Elite size dif. If not mostly than entirely.
>
> I say the Elites should be their proper size but that isn’t the fight right now. That is the battle for later. Now we must get to the park later we will see if we are tall enough to use the rides.

^^ this

Made a post about it a few days ago. The only true way to fix this is use spartan II’s for multiplayer again, and return elites to an updated version of their CE models.