Halo 5 Elite Design

So I honestly think, after replaying guardians, that the design of the Elite’s are easily the coolest looking one’s they’ve had. Idk why, but the unarmored arms, and heavily armored head down just looks -Yoink-. It’s even more apparent on The Arbiter, and idk… Yeah <3

The 343’s vision of the elites make them seem like a bunch of barbarians rather than a noble, bold alien race with advanced and beautiful technology. This relates to pretty much the entire covenant race. Take a look at this, this, and this. Now look at this and this. 343 is attempting to make the covenant a bunch of monsters, proving that they have very little understanding about what made the covenant so unique. Whereas most video games make their aliens these terrible creatures that’ll cut you open, the Covenant were different cause they were almost holy in a sense, not your typical monstrous alien.

I do like the design, the look of species Sangheili, but the armors are awful. Like above said, the their new armors present barbarian theme than what they suppose to be. Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer elites are how it should be in my opinion.

No, in my opinion (and I think most of the people would agree) in terms of appereance without considering the armors, Halo 2 anniversary campaign/Halo wars 2 cinematics, have the best of all elite designs, they have that feeling of brave, honored, smart, stealth like, warriors, the new Halo 4/Halo 5 elites just look too clunky and beast like creatures, they look even more bruteish than the brutes.

> 2535413996242118;2:
> The 343’s vision of the elites make them seem like a bunch of barbarians rather than a noble, bold alien race with advanced and beautiful technology. This relates to pretty much the entire covenant race. Take a look at this, this, and this. Now look at this and this. 343 is attempting to make the covenant a bunch of monsters, proving that they have very little understanding about what made the covenant so unique. Whereas most video games make their aliens these terrible creatures that’ll cut you open, the Covenant were different cause they were almost holy in a sense, not your typical monstrous alien.

“Bungie fanboy!” Is what I would say if I were ignorent.

343 wants a more savage alien design for the covonent, however it dosn’t work with the elites at all… or the grunts, like you said they had a rather holy feel to them, that’s what made them unique. 343 might as well just brought back the brutes.

I always thought that Reach’s Elites looked kinda derp. 343’s new ones are better, but I think the Halo 2 Anniversary Sangheili look the best.

> 2535437652903765;6:
> I always thought that Reach’s Elites looked kinda derp. 343’s new ones are better, but I think the Halo 2 Anniversary Sangheili look the best.

i actually like the Reach elites the best but that’s just me i guess

> 2535437652903765;6:
> I always thought that Reach’s Elites looked kinda derp. 343’s new ones are better, but I think the Halo 2 Anniversary Sangheili look the best.

Halo 2 just had good Elites, they just fit there nobility well.

The only thing I didn’t like about anniversary elites was the faces, and there… um… well… don’t judge me but there bums… I don’t exactly like armour that exposes the butt, it’s just occward… that was something I despised about reach.

I liked the armor designs on the classic Elites.
As everyone has said before - the H5 Elites look more like monsters with their lack of armor.

I guess I never really noticed how different they were until I googled them though.

> 2535437652903765;6:

Singleplayer or multiplayer?

> 2535456165221911;10:
> > 2535437652903765;6:
> > I always thought that Reach’s Elites looked kinda derp. 343’s new ones are better, but I think the Halo 2 Anniversary Sangheili look the best.
>
>
> Singleplayer or multiplayer?

Campaign. Not saying that the multiplayer Elites are bad, I just prefer the campaign designs.

> 2535413996242118;2:
> The 343’s vision of the elites make them seem like a bunch of barbarians rather than a noble, bold alien race with advanced and beautiful technology. This relates to pretty much the entire covenant race. Take a look at this, this, and this. Now look at this and this. 343 is attempting to make the covenant a bunch of monsters, proving that they have very little understanding about what made the covenant so unique. Whereas most video games make their aliens these terrible creatures that’ll cut you open, the Covenant were different cause they were almost holy in a sense, not your typical monstrous alien.

So maybe I’m giving 343 a bit too much credit, but I think the more monstrous look (which now that you mention it, I do kinda notice, but I still like) is kinda a design that shows that are straying from the crusader-esque vibe, and going back to the more warrior culture that they were before the San’Shyuum brought them into the covenant (That is if I’m recalling the in lore history right, it’s been a while, and I’m on a nerd spree). And the lack of armor on the arms could kinda be like an honor thing? I’m really pushing my logic now…
And while, yeah, those stills do make em look pretty monsterous, I think the scene’s with Arbiter speaking, and John coming back to Halsey, the way they carry themselves, and the facial animations do still have that noble feel to them. I think it’s just that in combat, the thrill of battle kinda get’s em going.
I kinda see the flawed thinking in all that, but idk, I like the proportions, and I am probably giving 343 too much credit.

I think the Halo 5 Elites look good, but only as something alongside Bungie’s designs rather than a replacement of them. The fact that the Arbiter is now one of the 343i Elites bugs me immensely, especially since they already had the model for him from H2A, including wearing the new armour. We can’t call them lazy for using the Halo 5 version over the Halo 2 Anniversary model, since it took more effort for them to remain inconsistent with the lore.

I think The Halo 1-3/Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look the best, with the Halo 5 Elites next, then Halo Reach, followed by the Halo 4 versions (which I think are replaced by the Halo 5 ones). If anything, in future Halo media, the Halo 5 Elites and Bungie designs should both be in there, rather than just the 343i ones.

> 2533274808386392;13:
> I think the Halo 5 Elites look good, but only as something alongside Bungie’s designs rather than a replacement of them. The fact that the Arbiter is now one of the 343i Elites bugs me immensely, especially since they already had the model for him from H2A, including wearing the new armour. We can’t call them lazy for using the Halo 5 version over the Halo 2 Anniversary model, since it took more effort for them to remain inconsistent with the lore.
>
> I think The Halo 1-3/Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look the best, with the Halo 5 Elites next, then Halo Reach, followed by the Halo 4 versions (which I think are replaced by the Halo 5 ones). If anything, in future Halo media, the Halo 5 Elites and Bungie designs should both be in there, rather than just the 343i ones.

Isn’t Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer) is combination of both?

> 2535456165221911;14:
> > 2533274808386392;13:
> > I think the Halo 5 Elites look good, but only as something alongside Bungie’s designs rather than a replacement of them. The fact that the Arbiter is now one of the 343i Elites bugs me immensely, especially since they already had the model for him from H2A, including wearing the new armour. We can’t call them lazy for using the Halo 5 version over the Halo 2 Anniversary model, since it took more effort for them to remain inconsistent with the lore.
> >
> > I think The Halo 1-3/Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look the best, with the Halo 5 Elites next, then Halo Reach, followed by the Halo 4 versions (which I think are replaced by the Halo 5 ones). If anything, in future Halo media, the Halo 5 Elites and Bungie designs should both be in there, rather than just the 343i ones.
>
>
> Isn’t Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer) is combination of both?

Yeah, they use the Halo 4 designs. Sorry, I should have specified that I meant Halo 2 Anniversary campaign.

> 2533274808386392;15:
> > 2535456165221911;14:
> > > 2533274808386392;13:
> > > I think the Halo 5 Elites look good, but only as something alongside Bungie’s designs rather than a replacement of them. The fact that the Arbiter is now one of the 343i Elites bugs me immensely, especially since they already had the model for him from H2A, including wearing the new armour. We can’t call them lazy for using the Halo 5 version over the Halo 2 Anniversary model, since it took more effort for them to remain inconsistent with the lore.
> > >
> > > I think The Halo 1-3/Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look the best, with the Halo 5 Elites next, then Halo Reach, followed by the Halo 4 versions (which I think are replaced by the Halo 5 ones). If anything, in future Halo media, the Halo 5 Elites and Bungie designs should both be in there, rather than just the 343i ones.
> >
> >
> > Isn’t Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer) is combination of both?
>
>
> Yeah, they use the Halo 4 designs. Sorry, I should have specified that I meant Halo 2 Anniversary campaign.

I would want 343’s species design and Bungie’s armor design, which I think Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer had that.

> 2535413996242118;2:

Not monsterous yet they were willing to commit genocide. They even saw themselves as superiors to other races in the covenant and you say they were noble? The covenant as a whole were barbarians lol

> 2535456165221911;16:
> > 2533274808386392;15:
> > > 2535456165221911;14:
> > > > 2533274808386392;13:
> > > > I think the Halo 5 Elites look good, but only as something alongside Bungie’s designs rather than a replacement of them. The fact that the Arbiter is now one of the 343i Elites bugs me immensely, especially since they already had the model for him from H2A, including wearing the new armour. We can’t call them lazy for using the Halo 5 version over the Halo 2 Anniversary model, since it took more effort for them to remain inconsistent with the lore.
> > > >
> > > > I think The Halo 1-3/Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look the best, with the Halo 5 Elites next, then Halo Reach, followed by the Halo 4 versions (which I think are replaced by the Halo 5 ones). If anything, in future Halo media, the Halo 5 Elites and Bungie designs should both be in there, rather than just the 343i ones.
> > >
> > >
> > > Isn’t Halo 2 Anniversary (multiplayer) is combination of both?
> >
> >
> > Yeah, they use the Halo 4 designs. Sorry, I should have specified that I meant Halo 2 Anniversary campaign.
>
>
> I would want 343’s species design and Bungie’s armor design, which I think Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer had that.

Sort of. The basic combat armour in Halo 2 Anniversary’s multiplayer was undoubtedly of Bungie design philosophy, but the other two armours were 343i at the core.

Wish they can have more types of elites with new abilities or something

I think the 343 Elites reflect what the covenant is now than what they were.

Also #DontMakeElitesHunchBacks