Halo 5 Edition Collectors, with the CD on physical

That 343 puts on Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition for Collectors, with the CD on physical.
https://d22r54gnmuhwmk.cloudfront.net/photos/5/ez/ip/rQeZIPdxtsMFbpJ-800x450-noPad.jpg

You who think?

Collectors, we want the complete collection :v
Halo Collection by Rey-Calavera on DeviantArt

What? Also there are other threads for this topic. Posting in on of the larger ones keeps that thread alive. That makes it have more of a chance that 343 will listen.

The purpose of that is because they give you the bundle a week early so you can pre-install the game and have it ready to play the minute it becomes available. This is something that people have been asking for. They can’t do that with a disc because then you’d be able to play it early. So in order to not spend launch day picking up your bundle, then waiting for the game to install, they sell you a digital copy to install ahead of time.

You’ll still have a case to display with your other games, but the game itself will be digital. At least that way you won’t have to worry about losing, breaking, or scratching a disc.

Try posting in this thread if you want a disc. Better chances of being heard.

Happy Haloing!

> 2533274883669557;3:
> The purpose of that is because they give you the bundle a week early so you can pre-install the game and have it ready to play the minute it becomes available. This is something that people have been asking for. They can’t do that with a disc because then you’d be able to play it early. So in order to not spend launch day picking up your bundle, then waiting for the game to install, they sell you a digital copy to install ahead of time.
>
> You’ll still have a case to display with your other games, but the game itself will be digital. At least that way you won’t have to worry about losing, breaking, or scratching a disc.

This in no way rationalizes not including a disc in the LCE.

> 2533274825044752;5:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > The purpose of that is because they give you the bundle a week early so you can pre-install the game and have it ready to play the minute it becomes available. This is something that people have been asking for. They can’t do that with a disc because then you’d be able to play it early. So in order to not spend launch day picking up your bundle, then waiting for the game to install, they sell you a digital copy to install ahead of time.
> >
> > You’ll still have a case to display with your other games, but the game itself will be digital. At least that way you won’t have to worry about losing, breaking, or scratching a disc.
>
>
> This in no way rationalizes not including a disc in the LCE.

Way to only focus on what you want. I went ahead and bolded the part where he explains why. Here I’ll even post it below.

They can’t do that with a disc because then you’d be able to play it early. So in order to not spend launch day picking up your bundle, then waiting for the game to install, they sell you a digital copy to install ahead of time
-Yoink!- science is crazy.

> 2533274825044752;5:
> > 2533274883669557;3:
> > The purpose of that is because they give you the bundle a week early so you can pre-install the game and have it ready to play the minute it becomes available. This is something that people have been asking for. They can’t do that with a disc because then you’d be able to play it early. So in order to not spend launch day picking up your bundle, then waiting for the game to install, they sell you a digital copy to install ahead of time.
> >
> > You’ll still have a case to display with your other games, but the game itself will be digital. At least that way you won’t have to worry about losing, breaking, or scratching a disc.
>
>
> This in no way rationalizes not including a disc in the LCE.

No it does not. Nor was it meant to. It was more of a “look on the bright side” … I’m not saying I agree with the decision to not include the disc, because I certainly do not. Collectors collect physical things, not digital downloads.

They only did this so people could install the game ahead of time, but I’m pretty sure many collectors who are paying this much would rather wait than not get their discs. And it’s easier to say “patience is a virtue” to those who say “is there anyway we can install this early so it’s ready?” than try to come up with some justification for folks not getting their discs.

Once again, there is a thread for this already.