Halo 5 Early Production Ideas

We all know Halo 5 is on its way (a year or two away but still). With it being in early production, what are some things you all want in it? There are a few things I want, but one thing in particular. Assuming the railgun will return, in War Games when you kill someone who is charging up there railgun, you get a medal called Derailed. Genius right? Thats all I really have to say. Now, forum.

I want MOAR. Halo 4 is amazing but it lacks in content. They took out a lot great gamemodes like VIP, Territory etc. and put in just two? come on, the Halo 3 gamemodes were golden! Bring them back! And ofcourse, moar maps! Now with the new xbox coming out, maybe a huge amount of content would be possible? Like a ton of weapons, maps, gamemodes. And they got to bring back Firefight, but with like an awesome boss battle every 5th round? And perhaps Forge World 2.0?

For the campaign, I pray that Cortana is dead. Or maybe a awesome comeback, something like this: You may have found a way to bring her back(a return to Reqium? ), You go thru all that fighting and such, and in the end, when he finds her, the screen will go black and she’ll whisper ‘‘chief…’’ and Never Forget starts playing in the credits. :’)

Hey 343 i legit think that fire fight should have a game type like hored in gears of war where you have one team, maybe 6 or 7 Spartans playing against like mabe 12 different players as the covenant, Promethean’s, or flood i think that would be pretty awesome:] and i also want to see a 3 burst covenant gun.

1. An updated and vanilla version of firefight
    Firefight
  • Versus Firefight like in halo reach
  • Include Personal Ordinance
  • Have flood join in at the 5 wave of every round
  • Boss waves like fighting the heretic from halo 2
  • Have some levels take place in space and to be able to use vehicles like the broadsword, the banshee or the saber.
  • have waves that include the Prometheans
  1. Forge
  • Have weather changes and the time of day changes
  • weather changes: To have things like blizzards, rainstorms, and heat waves
  • Time of day changes: you can switch how the day is, you can have that its day time, when its the evening, and when it is night time
  • The weather affects the vehicles like if there is ice on the ground the vehicle would be slippery, if it was hot the vehicle would be overheating and the engine would blow a fuse and the gun-turret would not work as well as if the weather was normal out. If it was snowing bad the vehicle would have problems starting up and would move slower than usual.
  • Having the ability of customizing pallets. The ability of destroying them like a building, if you ram your warthog into the building there would be damage to that building’s structure.
  1. Vehicle Ideas
  • Battleship for battles in the water
  • submarines for battles under water or to ambush the battle ship
  • the ability to ride on animals like in the halo combat evolved early days
  • air ships, space ships for outer planetary battles
  • Have vehicles that can hold 6 or more passengers like the the troop hog but also hold players in.
  1. Mutiplayer
  • skill rank
  • progression rank
  • Skill
    Victory and good k.d over all: Skill goes up 1 rank
    Lose and have good or bad k.d overall: Skill decreases 5 ranks
  • Progression
    Get 1000 xp for playing the match, join in progress half exp
    victory 500 exp skill positive k.d: +1 and higher add like for example + 2 k.d 200 xp. but betray people your xp will decrease.
  • Equal amount of large and small maps. like 5 small maps and 5 large maps and 1 forge map.
  • more specializations
  • a cqc specialization
  1. Customization
  • Customize Color by having a color wheel
  • place attachments to your armor like in halo reach
  • And an Rpg element like you could make your spartan bulky or skinny
  • The ability to make your own armor skin.
  • For visor color have a color wheel too.
  • customize everything on your spartan too.
  • have armor effects
  • have unique armor like putting emblems on your visor
  • have elites and be able to customize every thing on it.
  • have male and female of both species
    6 Weapons
  • A lasso that can move the enemy towards you and then you can melee them or switch to a close range weapon and kill the opponent
  • a grenade that can split into 5 different grenades when thrown
  • and more unique weapons

> 1. An updated and vanilla version of firefight
> Firefight
> - Versus Firefight like in halo reach
> - Include Personal Ordinance
> - Have flood join in at the 5 wave of every round
> - Boss waves like fighting the heretic from halo 2
> - Have some levels take place in space and to be able to use vehicles like the broadsword, the banshee or the saber.
> - have waves that include the Prometheans
> 2. Forge
> - Have weather changes and the time of day changes
> - weather changes: To have things like blizzards, rainstorms, and heat waves
> - Time of day changes: you can switch how the day is, you can have that its day time, when its the evening, and when it is night time
> - The weather affects the vehicles like if there is ice on the ground the vehicle would be slippery, if it was hot the vehicle would be overheating and the engine would blow a fuse and the gun-turret would not work as well as if the weather was normal out. If it was snowing bad the vehicle would have problems starting up and would move slower than usual.
> - Having the ability of customizing pallets. The ability of destroying them like a building, if you ram your warthog into the building there would be damage to that building’s structure.
> 3. Vehicle Ideas
> - Battleship for battles in the water
> - submarines for battles under water or to ambush the battle ship
> - the ability to ride on animals like in the halo combat evolved early days
> - air ships, space ships for outer planetary battles
> - Have vehicles that can hold 6 or more passengers like the the troop hog but also hold players in.
> 4. Mutiplayer
> - skill rank
> - progression rank
> - Skill
> Victory and good k.d over all: Skill goes up 1 rank
> Lose and have good or bad k.d overall: Skill decreases 5 ranks
> - Progression
> Get 1000 xp for playing the match, join in progress half exp
> victory 500 exp skill positive k.d: +1 and higher add like for example + 2 k.d 200 xp. but betray people your xp will decrease.
> - Equal amount of large and small maps. like 5 small maps and 5 large maps and 1 forge map.
> - more specializations
> - a cqc specialization
> 5. Customization
> - Customize Color by having a color wheel
> - place attachments to your armor like in halo reach
> - And an Rpg element like you could make your spartan bulky or skinny
> - The ability to make your own armor skin.
> - For visor color have a color wheel too.
> - customize everything on your spartan too.
> - have armor effects
> - have unique armor like putting emblems on your visor
> - have elites and be able to customize every thing on it.
> - have male and female of both species
> 6 Weapons
> - A lasso that can move the enemy towards you and then you can melee them or switch to a close range weapon and kill the opponent
> - a grenade that can split into 5 different grenades when thrown
> - and more unique weapons

You just made what I think will make itt he best Halo in the whol dang franchise :smiley:

I would like to have the campaign be longer. I would also like a return of the Arbiter.

Should really bring back all the gametypes from past halo game(ie. Assult,Territroies,Race,etc.) and make flood back into infection because it is really hard to make custom games with the flood gametype, and if people really wanted to keep it have it be like a variant of infection.

Have more matchmaking playlist that have multiple gametypes although I do like going into a playlist knowing what game i’m going to be playing, I want more variety and I don’t want to have to switch playlist multiple times, and more big team gametypes beside slayer, also a slayer that isn’t infinity , although I do like infinity slayer, I want classic slayer back.

Hopefully with the Xbox720’s new technology, these things can be accomplished:

-Ability to spawn NPC’s
-More weapons besides the classic weapons
-Better looking armor
-Improve the AI’s efficiency (Make marines useful and a great asset)
-Let people create their own custom firefight modes
-Allow for 16 vs 16
-More songs, but remake some from past Halo titles
-Bring back Elites and the Arbiter
-Reintroduce the flood
-Bring memorable characters from the books like the remaining Spartan II’s
-Explain the campaign so I’m not wandering to wherever the waypoint tells me to go
-Make the campaign longer then 8 missions. I’m thinking a total of 25 campaign missions?
-Make Dr. Halsey a main protagonist
-When you reintroduce enemies in H5, make them look really strong in cutscenes.
-Buff up the noise the assault rifle makes so my body shivers when I hear it
-Make more then 40 different assassinations
-Let people customize custom games even more
-Reintroduce sprint as an armor ability
-Bring back Firefight and Spartan Ops.
-Skill rank and Reach progression system
-Use people’s maps in matchmaking
-Let us play as all races in the Halo universe
-Give us more objects to work with in forge
-Let a party of people watch theater mode
-Weather affects in both the campaign and in forge
-Once you master a weapon, your Spartan/Elite can pose with it in your playercard
-Making strafing better
-In custom games, allow people to assign damage points to weapons
-Full customization of your character in matchmaking

I don’t really know. I jut threw some things together.

My post from a couple other threads:

Personally, I want them to go all out on the story. Seriously, I want subplots, loads of terminals and audio logs that aren’t so darn out-of-the-way to provide adequate backstory so no one has an excuse to say “I have to read all the books to get it!”, at LEAST 10 levels, each fairly long and well-made, more Space-jet missions, more enemies, more vehicles, more weapons, and overall, just more variety.

Bring Elites, Brutes, Drones, the last few Prophets, heck, EVERYTHING into the forefront of attention; introduce new races, new characters, human and otherwise (hopefully otherwise) with tons of potential for extra characterization inside and out of the game. Too much for the campaign? Looking at you now, Spartan Ops.

I might be burned for heresy for saying this, but screw multiplayer, do the story justice, give IT the replayability Halo is known for, and put Halo back on the map where it belongs the way Combat Evolved did: with an awesome, epic story full of action, suspense, emotion, beautiful views, and memorable characters.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE 343, NO SCREW UP!