Halo 5 DLC should eventually be free. Here's why

In my personal opinion, one of the reasons why Halo 2’s matchmatching lasted so long is the DLC eventually becoming free.

Backwash
Gemini
Terminal
Elongation
Relic
Sanctuary
Turf
Containment
Warlock
Tombstone
Desolation

Imagine if those maps weren’t free eventually? Imagine if, like today, half the online population didn’t have access to those maps? DLC playlists die out fast and the maps don’t show up in matchmaking unless everyone in the game has the maps. All the people who are going to buy the maps will by them day one. Honestly, if I buy a map pack I’d rather it become free after a couple months so I can actually play them after the DLC playist goes away.

Side note. The argument that telling people the maps will be free eventually will cause less people to buy the maps, maybe for a few, but Bungie told us ahead of time the maps would be free. Everyone I know bought them.

I agree with you. But, DLC is like this to me “hey guyz im excited to announce that call of duty ghostz will have a new dlc. It includes 500 new doggie skins to enjoy just at the low price of $50 buy now and get a new killstreak called “doggie swarm” BUY NOW”

I agree Purchasing maps should be solely for early access those who want the new map early will gladly pay and those who dont will get the access down the road

Wont happen.

> 2533274796029854;3:
> I agree Purchasing maps should be solely for early access those who want the new map early will gladly pay and those who dont will get the access down the road

Agreed. I’d feel better about buying the maps knowing that I’m going to get to enjoy them for the games entire existence rather than just for the 1-2 months they are popular.