Halo 5 disc download time

How long do you think the download will be when installing with the disc?

No more than 30 mins.

> 2533274886883888;1:
> How long do you think the download will be when installing with the disc?

No clue; however, I can tell you this, you can speed up the download/installation time from the disc if you aren’t connected to the internet at the time; aka “go offline” from your network settings. This will allow the game to install without trying to also download the game updates at the same time which slows down installation. Of course you’ll have to download the day one patch afterwards but that shouldn’t take nearly that long.

I know when I installed a game that was approximately 50Gb using this method it only took me approximately 20-30 minutes at max I believe. Hopefully this helps ya out, if not I apologize.

not long at all as its just an install, I’m still waiting for digital pre orders to begin downloading

i’d expect a huge day 1 patch like we had last year with Halo MCC. If the game is 60GB’s and Blu-Ray can only hold 50 max… then the patch is going to be at least 10 GB. But my guess is it’s closer to 15GB for the patch. Guess only time will tell.

Already confirmed 9gb day one patch, so even if the disc doesn’t take that long to install if you want to play MP you will need to connect to the internet and download the patch.

> 2535416383459646;6:
> Already confirmed 9gb day one patch, so even if the disc doesn’t take that long to install if you want to play MP you will need to connect to the internet and download the patch.

well there you have it! Thanks, didn’t realize the patch size had been revealed already!

My question here is at which point in the download will the game be playable? Will we have to wait until it reaches 50% or after a couple of minutes we’ll get the first mission to play while the rest installs?

Well, technically, all the data should be on the disc, so…

Get digital and you can download it before the game launches so it wont matter =]

thats what im doing. And im sharing the game with my gf since we live together and have our own xbox’s.

> 2535416383459646;6:
> Already confirmed 9gb day one patch, so even if the disc doesn’t take that long to install if you want to play MP you will need to connect to the internet and download the patch.

Confirmed by who? Source?

I’m still debating which route to go, physical or digital. If physical it will likely be my last time though. I just really really like to see the game cases on my shelf as well as opening up a sealed case for the first time.

If I can install it in 20-30 mins offline, start the game, go online, and play campaign online for achievements - then I’ll be happy.

> 2533274803952478;12:
> I’m still debating which route to go, physical or digital. If physical it will likely be my last time though. I just really really like to see the game cases on my shelf as well as opening up a sealed case for the first time.
>
> If I can install it in 20-30 mins offline, start the game, go online, and play campaign online for achievements - then I’ll be happy.

Installing offline will only allow you to play offline. You will still have to download the day one patch prior to playing if you launch the game while connected to xbox live.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> No more than 30 mins.

MCC took me around an 1.5 hours off the disk

> 2533274894930311;14:
> > 2661949065475413;2:
> > No more than 30 mins.
>
>
> MCC took me around an 1.5 hours off the disk

Sounds like you need to get your console serviced, your HDD might be failing.

If you have a friend who pre-ordered the digital version of the game, then you could always have them download the game in advance. That way, you will only need to worry about downloading the patch, instead of waiting on the disc to install the game, and then waiting for the patch to download and install.

> 2533274826467332;16:
> If you have a friend who pre-ordered the digital version of the game, then you could always have them download the game in advance. That way, you will only need to worry about downloading the patch, instead of waiting on the disc to install the game, and then waiting for the patch to download and install.

Digital buyers can get the Day One patch in advance as well.

> 2661949065475413;13:
> > 2533274803952478;12:
> > I’m still debating which route to go, physical or digital. If physical it will likely be my last time though. I just really really like to see the game cases on my shelf as well as opening up a sealed case for the first time.
> >
> > If I can install it in 20-30 mins offline, start the game, go online, and play campaign online for achievements - then I’ll be happy.
>
>
> Installing offline will only allow you to play offline. You will still have to download the day one patch prior to playing if you launch the game while connected to xbox live.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
That will probably take hours on my 14/ms download rate. Guess I’m going digital.

> 2661949065475413;15:
> > 2533274894930311;14:
> > > 2661949065475413;2:
> > > No more than 30 mins.
> >
> >
> > MCC took me around an 1.5 hours off the disk
>
>
> Sounds like you need to get your console serviced, your HDD might be failing.

From what I’ve read that amount of time isn’t uncommon.

> 2661949065475413;17:
> > 2533274826467332;16:
> > If you have a friend who pre-ordered the digital version of the game, then you could always have them download the game in advance. That way, you will only need to worry about downloading the patch, instead of waiting on the disc to install the game, and then waiting for the patch to download and install.
>
>
> Digital buyers can get the Day One patch in advance as well.

Oh, really? Even better then.