Halo 5 Didn't Sell too Well

Anybody worried about what will happen to Halo since halo 5 apparently didn’t sell too well?
It didn’t chart in the top 10 for december or the top 10 for the year of 2015, and this is just in America where halo is supposed to be biggest usually.
I am worried that drastic changes will come to halo 6 in order to try and get the COD crowd (even more CODification)
And even more worried that if another game has the same sales it could be the last Halo game.

Eh, another series will take it’s place.

Couldn’t care less. As long as there are 7 others playing near my skill rank I’ll have fun with it.

Who cares

They already tried to “COD” and it hasn’t been working. Hopefully they realize how awesome H2A was and could have been had they concentrated on it and used it as a jumping off point for H5… Hopefully they try it for H6. To me H2A was better than H5. Better campaign, better graphics, and the multiplayer played better. Sure the multiplayer needed some tweeks, less bullet magnetism, but they would have realized it had they cared enough to have a beta…

But if the series doesn’t turn around odds are Microsoft pulls the plug on it all together.

> 2533274803493024;3:
> Couldn’t care less. As long as there are 7 others playing near my skill rank I’ll have fun with it.

You will care when Microsoft says eh this series isn’t making enough money let’s end it.

> 2533274800656155;1:
> Anybody worried about what will happen to Halo since halo 5 apparently didn’t sell too well?
> It didn’t chart in the top 10 for december or the top 10 for the year of 2015, and this is just in America where halo is supposed to be biggest usually.
> I am worried that drastic changes will come to halo 6 in order to try and get the COD crowd (even more CODification)
> And even more worried that if another game has the same sales it could be the last Halo game.

Out of curiosity, what were the top 10 for the year? When did each of them come out? Not saying that Halo did or didn’t sell well, but I think it’s hard to compete for top sales of the year when you release 2 months from the end of said year.

im worried about halo wars 2 as well.
If halo 5 can’t be a big draw wars 2 will probably only draw about 1/3 as many people

> 2533274816788253;6:
> > 2533274803493024;3:
> > Couldn’t care less. As long as there are 7 others playing near my skill rank I’ll have fun with it.
>
>
> You will care when Microsoft says eh this series isn’t making enough money let’s end it.

lol Halo has been it’s child since the launch of the Xbox.
Halo and Xbox go hand in hand.

> 2813409410084698;7:
> > 2533274800656155;1:
> > Anybody worried about what will happen to Halo since halo 5 apparently didn’t sell too well?
> > It didn’t chart in the top 10 for december or the top 10 for the year of 2015, and this is just in America where halo is supposed to be biggest usually.
> > I am worried that drastic changes will come to halo 6 in order to try and get the COD crowd (even more CODification)
> > And even more worried that if another game has the same sales it could be the last Halo game.
>
>
> Out of curiosity, what were the top 10 for the year? When did each of them come out? Not saying that Halo did or didn’t sell well, but I think it’s hard to compete for top sales of the year when you release 2 months from the end of said year.

Full Year:

• Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
  • Madden NFL 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  • Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks | PS4, Xbox One, PC)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront (Electronic Arts | Xbox One, PS4, PC)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC)
  • NBA 2K16 (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  • Minecraft (Microsoft | 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
  • FIFA 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
  • Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros | PS4, Xbox One)
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

I didn’t like the game, and I know that there are lot of gripes that this community has with it, but this is still pretty shocking.

343 Industries just has to change their development philosophy. Don’t spend AAA budgets. They pour countless money into everything, when this type of game just doesn’t have that mass appeal. If they want to make money, just make the budget lower so it’ll make more of a profit with the loyal consumer base they have.

It’s not all that hard to think about. The problem is, they’re way to greedy. They’re taking all these massive risks with the budget, and are essentially relying on mass appeal to gain a profit, when they don’t have the same popularity anymore to begin with. If they went with a smaller budget and focused more heavily toward a niche audience, it’d really be much less of a risk as far as business ventures go.

Halo doesn’t have to be super popular to be successful. Game developers can make a nice, humble profit without having to make people corporate billionaires. The problem is, 343 Industries and Microsoft are greedy, and that greed is what’s killing them as a company, because they’re WAY too ambitious with this.

The same thing has been happening with id Software. You’ve been hearing about Doom 4? My prediction is that the same exact thing will happen, and I give the same advice to them.

> 2533274903975459;9:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2533274803493024;3:
> > > Couldn’t care less. As long as there are 7 others playing near my skill rank I’ll have fun with it.
> >
> >
> > You will care when Microsoft says eh this series isn’t making enough money let’s end it.
>
>
> lol Halo has been it’s child since the launch of the Xbox.
> Halo and Xbox go hand in hand.

because halo sells well.
When halo is only selling 1 million per game it won’t be worth the budget any more.
So either halo will be killed off, or we will get a game made with a tiny budget (that would inevitably suck)

Mortal Kombat sold better than Halo.
We must be in a Bizarro universe.

So, again not going to say that the list does or doesn’t prove anything about sales strength for Halo, but every game there is multi-platform, and the fewest platformed game is #9. Are there lists for each platform? I’d be surprised to see that Halo didn’t crack Top 10 for the year and/or December for X1 specifically. And if it didn’t, maybe there’s legitimate concern to be had. Maybe.

I think it’ll do fine, aslong as we get new content.

I hope they look to Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 3 for inspiration for 6. I don’t hate Halo 5, but I don’t like some of the things it added, at least the way some were implemented. Plus making it more competitive versus casual probably hurt sales. I know that I don’t like it as much as the others, though it’s better than 4 in my opinion.

> 2533274903975459;9:
> > 2533274816788253;6:
> > > 2533274803493024;3:
> > > Couldn’t care less. As long as there are 7 others playing near my skill rank I’ll have fun with it.
> >
> >
> > You will care when Microsoft says eh this series isn’t making enough money let’s end it.
>
>
> lol Halo has been it’s child since the launch of the Xbox.
> Halo and Xbox go hand in hand.

There are already rumors that this maybe Microsoft’s last gaming console

> 2533274800656155;10:
> > 2813409410084698;7:
> > > 2533274800656155;1:
> > > Anybody worried about what will happen to Halo since halo 5 apparently didn’t sell too well?
> > > It didn’t chart in the top 10 for december or the top 10 for the year of 2015, and this is just in America where halo is supposed to be biggest usually.
> > > I am worried that drastic changes will come to halo 6 in order to try and get the COD crowd (even more CODification)
> > > And even more worried that if another game has the same sales it could be the last Halo game.
> >
> >
> > Out of curiosity, what were the top 10 for the year? When did each of them come out? Not saying that Halo did or didn’t sell well, but I think it’s hard to compete for top sales of the year when you release 2 months from the end of said year.
>
>
> Full Year:
>
> - Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)
> - Madden NFL 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
> - Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks | PS4, Xbox One, PC)
> - Star Wars: Battlefront (Electronic Arts | Xbox One, PS4, PC)
> - Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One) 360, PS3, PC)
> - NBA 2K16 (Take-Two | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
> - Minecraft (Microsoft | 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4)
> - FIFA 16 (Electronic Arts | PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
> - Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros | PS4, Xbox One)
> - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard | Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC)

since halo is exclusive you can’t to compare it with total sales across all platforms

I bet it was the best selling console exclusive. If you pay attention, all the games in that list that was published were multi platform.

You should only worry if Halo starts selling poorly compared to other platform specific titles. Also, while it may not have sold as well as other halos, it did generate more money than any other halo title through cross media sales.