halo 5 custom game search

Every one love custom games right what if 343 made a way to search for a custom game. Let’s be honest since halo 4 custom games became less and less popular but in halo mcc forge became amazing and doing this in halo 5 would be awesom because most of the time you never have a friend playing custom games.

I think they already announced dedicated servers, but I’m not sure.

They did announce it. Custom games is fully supported now with dedicated servers.

I would so love this, talk about catering to the community if this happens. My guess is we’ll hear more about these sorts of things at Gamescom.

> 2533274866407258;3:
> They did announce it. Custom games is fully supported now with dedicated servers.

Are dedicated servers synonymous with being able to filter/search through custom games?

They would have to be seriously moderated because otherwise we will see a LOT of awful spawn kill maps, look at GTA 5 death-match’s for an example of how user-created map matchmaking gone wrong.

They would have to implement some sort of “verified” system where 343i picks the best and most well made custom game-modes to be played in this playlist, something similar to action sack but more community driven. Or they could have well known community members and forgers be the only ones to be allowed to host, and if they start being mean and abusive, players can report them to moderators and they would take a look. If it turns out they are being mean and abusive, there privileges will be removed and they would no longer be allowed to host games.

> 2533274797034444;5:
> > 2533274866407258;3:
> > They did announce it. Custom games is fully supported now with dedicated servers.
>
>
> Are dedicated servers synonymous with being able to filter/search through custom games?

Yeah, I don’t think dedicated servers is the same as having the ability to search custom games. Also, going back to even the Bungie days, I think both companies stance on custom games search is that it competes too closely with MM, hence why it hasn’t been implemented. I understand that people see it as two separate things, but in terms of online population, there are seen as being in competition with each other.

> 2533274807773315;7:
> > 2533274797034444;5:
> > > 2533274866407258;3:
> > > They did announce it. Custom games is fully supported now with dedicated servers.
> >
> >
> > Are dedicated servers synonymous with being able to filter/search through custom games?
>
>
> Yeah, I don’t think dedicated servers is the same as having the ability to search custom games. Also, going back to even the Bungie days, I think both companies stance on custom games search is that it competes too closely with MM, hence why it hasn’t been implemented. I understand that people see it as two separate things, but in terms of online population, there are seen as being in competition with each other.

I think, going off of this logic, an LFG system should be implemented online to act as a middleground. That way, people can search for custom games without it directly competing with MM.

@skydeamonz I don’t think that it needs to be a MM system but a filter system where you see hosted games based off preselected variables and choose according to your liking.
Something like that doesn’t seem to me at first glance to need much moderation. It could functionally act like a big LAN.

@sarcasmbully Don’t you think this could have huge effect on the longevity of the game? People already do this on third party websites. Why not give a UI for doing this that is in game, smooth and polished?

If this was implemented I think I would go a long way to giving legs to this games. I have thought this would be a good idea since I started playing Halo 2. I have been on forums looking for custom games since then and they are often disorganized and just aren’t as nice and convenient as something that 343 could put together would be. Think we could search for specific gametypes and hop into spectator mode and just check out what’s going on and even go in if someone wants to leave. This would be awesome for all the different scenes of Halo imo ‘pro’ ‘casual’ ‘campaign’ and anything in between.

Heck they could even add a ‘quick match’ option that could possibly be modified with a say ‘team rockets’ setting and eliminate unranked playlists. What do you guys think about that?