Halo 5 could solidify expectations for Halo

Halo 2 and 3 are what many agree to be the best Halo Games. What I’ve noticed is that, Gameplay wise,they were quite similar, with one minor exception being equipment. Battle rifles were 4 Shot kill, vehicles had health related to the players shields, were predictable, and player Movement was very similar.

Then along came Reach, and had a very Different style of play, and seemed, well, clunkier, thanks in part to the shield system, the DMR, bloom and Equipment/loadouts. Additionally the vehicles did not seem as sturdy, thanks to their health being independent from the player, as well as different physics dictating how they move(EG.concussion rifle + wharthog = spinfest).

Now we have Halo 4, which seems to be the fastest and flashiest Halo to date, yet you rarely pick up a weapon that’s on the ground, since, with loadouts, more weapons than ever are being used to kill vast numbers of players, instead of just the BR. But now vehicles are getting less use than ever, as everyone can EMP and sticky anything to death after just one death, or a lucky pickup.

So, what I am trying to point out is that, since Halo 2 and 3, we have not had a Halo game consistent with the one before it. The next Halo is key in 343’s ability to keep this franchise going. I am not calling for a carbon copy of Halo 4. What I want is an evolution, not the revolutions we have had prior. The next Halo can build on Halo 4 and learn from what many believe are it’s mistakes(loadouts, ordnance), by fine tuning them, or, as a last resort, removing them.

Agreed, 343i has so much potential for the next game.

I have my fingers crossed that they learn from their mistakes and all the new things they tried with Halo 4. Halo 4 can greatly work to their advantage with all the fan feedback and reactions.

Ewww, I really hope they scrap Halo 4 entirely and work off of, or evolve from, Halo 3, and to a much lesser extent, Reach (basically just the UI lol). That’s just my opinion, but it’s what I’d like to see.

Halo 4 is a great game, just not a great Halo in my opinion.

I agree with the fix it or ditch it you said, when i first played Halo 4 there was so much new stuff and it was just amazing. However i started to feel the flaws and the cracks, and the big update fixing most of this came way too far down Halo 4’s lifespan. If they made that update at the start or if it even released like it is now at the start the population would be higher.

> Halo 4 is a great game, just not a great Halo in my opinion.
>
> However i started to feel the flaws and the cracks, <mark>and the big update fixing most of this came way too far down Halo 4’s lifespan</mark>. If they made that update at the start or if it even released like it is now at the start the population would be higher.

This is the biggest factor in staying power, Getting it right the FIRST time.

> > Halo 4 is a great game, just not a great Halo in my opinion.
> >
> > However i started to feel the flaws and the cracks, <mark>and the big update fixing most of this came way too far down Halo 4’s lifespan</mark>. If they made that update at the start or if it even released like it is now at the start the population would be higher.
>
> This is the biggest factor in staying power, Getting it right the FIRST time.

Having to wait 7 months for that update killed Halo 4’s multiplayer for me

I think that 343 should build off Halo 3. As seeing today that would be a great start because of how many more people are playin 3 than 4 right now. What ever they do I hope they finish strong and amaze us. I know they`re capable of that much.

> Ewww, I really hope they scrap Halo 4 entirely and work off of, or evolve from, Halo 3, and to a much lesser extent, Reach (basically just the UI lol). That’s just my opinion, but it’s what I’d like to see.

Indeed.