Halo 5 could have learnt from previous games, 343i

Before I start, if you’re not going to take the time to read then don’t bother posting, I would like real forums members to reply after reading. Thanks for your time.

Halo 5, a competitive game that at its best to a lot of fun but to an extent imo. Released with very little playlists and forced to play competitive with the lack of casual aspects have drawn a lot of the hate towards 343. Now I am not going to get into drastic detail because a lot of people hear wont even read anymore to hear people out on what they have to say. So I am going to give my thoughts on what 343 could have learnt from previous installments.

The Campaign - looking back on CE it had a lot of interesting parts in the campaign, whereas in Halo 5 it lacked variation and seemed rushed, probably just to throw in a story to help with the next part I guess. For those who played CE you know right away it was amazing, escaping from the POA and discovering Halo, fighting off the Covenant, and unraveling the Flood. The level design seemed at its best and I feel that even though 343 did alright with Halo 4, Halo 5 didn’t meet expectations for a lot of the campaign players. If 343 would just look back on the previous games to get an idea on how amazing they were, maybe they could make the next one even better.

Hell just bring back Joseph Staten and kick out Brian Reed.

The Multiplayer - As of right now, it is pretty great. I enjoy it but with the lackluster of a proper/working ranking system, lack of content and social playlists, some broken mechanics, map rotation and exploits (guilty), I have found the MM to be highly repetitive and to me losing its value until December. I hope and look forward to 343 listening to us to help make Halo a more enjoyable experience next time around.

Bring back all multiplayer gametypes from previous games and then add in your own or just add them in over time since that is what you are doing with Halo 5.

Content - On release we only got Warzone/Warzone Assault and Arena, not counting customs because it is lacking heavily. Being forced to play competitively all the time isn’t the way to go, Warzone lack variety and innovation, which the community could gave 343 some interesting ideas, that’s if they would take up on them of course. The pay-to-win req system should have never been introduced in the game, my opinion. Everything in that system is random and just lazy with no real idea behind it. The armor itself still looks bad aside from a few variants. It’s like they just threw in all the armor from Halo 4 and a few iconic ones from past Halo’s, which in my opinion was a stupid idea.

I mean seriously? What the hell is this and why would anyone wear this crap?! appose to armor that should look like this. Armor that looks like armor and not 343’s -Yoink- -Yoink- design, that they call armor. Halo 6 should allow us to have FULL customization over the design of Spartans to give us, the player, some insight to define ourselves in the game. Reach obviously had it the best and the armor in that game was battle worn, sleek and sharp and felt right. Halo 5’s, eh not so much. It’s like 343i doesn’t care. So I say return ALL previous armor designs before adding in your own because their own design is just PLAIN. OUT. -Yoink-! I think we should be able to change the helmet and choose between variant and not just a reskin and call it a new armor piece. The left and right shoulders, knee guards, visor color, wrist, chest, legs, just a full on armor customization. Even though it might not mean much to you competitive players but I would like this feature back and not butchered in future installments.

They did.

  1. No loadouts
  2. No ordances
  3. Brought back picking power weapons up and picking up armor boosts.
  4. Balanced sprint out
  5. Starting out small and working up to big, meaning the lack of playlists is due to them wanting to slowly add playlists based off popularity rather than adding them but the playlists is messed up because it was rushed.
  6. Vehicles are a little stronger as h4 were to to easy to destroy.
  7. Better balanced weapons (they learn off this as past games were not balanced)
  8. Oh yea…they also brought back the competitive roots of halo.

They can’t always bring stuff in to please EVERYONE. They add what they can while adding in new things as well. A lot if things people want happen to be cosmetics which has no effect on gameplay so I question why it needs to be in a game to begin with.

> 2533274923562209;2:
> They did.
> 1. No loadouts
> 2. No ordances
> 3. Brought back picking power weapons up and picking up armor boosts.
> 4. Balanced sprint out
> 5. Starting out small and working up to big, meaning the lack of playlists is due to them wanting to slowly add playlists based off popularity rather than adding them but the playlists is messed up because it was rushed.
> 6. Vehicles are a little stronger as h4 were to to easy to destroy.
> 7. Better balanced weapons (they learn off this as past games were not balanced)
> 8. Oh yea…they also brought back the competitive roots of halo.
>
> They can’t always bring stuff in to please EVERYONE. They add what they can while adding in new things as well. A lot if things people want happen to be cosmetics which has no effect on gameplay so I question why it needs to be in a game to begin with.

Well I understand the concerns for wanting a competitive part to be in Halo 5 which has happened. I just want better look armor and customizations in the game, more towards the casual side. Im not saying to cater to just the casual side but add these small adjustments to the game because a lot of people will agree that it was stupid removing the full customization of your Spartan and want the Reach aspect of that part to return. Alone with better armor because again a lot of player will say 343i design just sucks so bad.

> 2533274923562209;2:
> They did.
> 1. No loadouts
> 2. No ordances
> 3. Brought back picking power weapons up and picking up armor boosts.
> 4. Balanced sprint out
> 5. Starting out small and working up to big, meaning the lack of playlists is due to them wanting to slowly add playlists based off popularity rather than adding them but the playlists is messed up because it was rushed.
> 6. Vehicles are a little stronger as h4 were to to easy to destroy.
> 7. Better balanced weapons (they learn off this as past games were not balanced)
> 8. Oh yea…they also brought back the competitive roots of halo.
>
> They can’t always bring stuff in to please EVERYONE. They add what they can while adding in new things as well. A lot if things people want happen to be cosmetics which has no effect on gameplay so I question why it needs to be in a game to begin with.

You say they did things, but really they just fixed/removed poor ideas they or Bungie had put in the previous two titles. That’s not doing anything. That’s just reacting to the most intense backlash.

Halo Ce’s Campaign was pretty great and pretty terrible at the same time. The first half had great level design like Silent Cartographer and challenging/engaging levels like Truth and Reconcilation, but the second half was fighting waves upon waves of flood on mostly recycled maps. Chief wasn’t anything more than a one-liner dispenser, and the plot itself wasn’t very deep. Halo 5 Campaign is flawed in different ways, but it has its own strengths as well. You can’t tell me it wasn’t cool to skii down the side of a Guardian, and the levels are fairly open in their own right, even if not on the level of Two Betrayals.

Content is dead, no doubt about it. My hypothesis is that it was all shoved aside to focus on the implementation of Warzone and the Requisition System. Now that alone wouldn’t be so bad if 343I actually took post-launch support seriously. But with Halo 4 and Halo 5 as any indication, they do not.

Agree entirely about the armor.

Overall though I agree with the premise. 343I could learn a lot from the past games, both in terms of gameplay and in terms of upholding expected standards. Halo 3 was loaded with content and strong community support from the developers, Halo 4 and Halo 5 aren’t.

> 2533274819302824;5:
> Halo Ce’s Campaign was pretty great and pretty terrible at the same time. The first half had great level design like Silent Cartographer and challenging/engaging levels like Truth and Reconcilation, but the second half was fighting waves upon waves of flood on mostly recycled maps. Chief wasn’t anything more than a one-liner dispenser, and the plot itself wasn’t very deep. Halo 5 Campaign is flawed in different ways, but it has its own strengths as well. You can’t tell me it wasn’t cool to skii down the side of a Guardian, and the levels are fairly open in their own right, even if not on the level of Two Betrayals.
>
> Content is dead, no doubt about it. My hypothesis is that it was all shoved aside to focus on the implementation of Warzone and the Requisition System. Now that alone wouldn’t be so bad if 343I actually took post-launch support seriously. But with Halo 4 and Halo 5 as any indication, they do not.
>
> Agree entirely about the armor.

About the some of the levels I did enjoy some of them

I feel 343 is all over the place with armor. They abosulty have some great armors and the armor for the characters in campaign are all amazing but they have some armors that are just outrageously ugly or weird looking. To me they have made the best looking armors and at the same time the worst looking ones to.

You’re just echoing what a lot of people have said to be fair.

I think 343i really aren’t taking much in at all. Or they are purposely are trying to rebrand Halo into their own image.

I doubt Halo 6 will be anything great. H4 and H5 really haven’t brought anything new to the fps genre. A pretty reskin and marketing of H3 would of still sold as well imo. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

I just don’t understand how 343 continues to overlook the importance of having a BALANCE of ranked AND social playlists in a halo game.

> 2533274946634226;4:
> > 2533274923562209;2:
> > They did.
> > 1. No loadouts
> > 2. No ordances
> > 3. Brought back picking power weapons up and picking up armor boosts.
> > 4. Balanced sprint out
> > 5. Starting out small and working up to big, meaning the lack of playlists is due to them wanting to slowly add playlists based off popularity rather than adding them but the playlists is messed up because it was rushed.
> > 6. Vehicles are a little stronger as h4 were to to easy to destroy.
> > 7. Better balanced weapons (they learn off this as past games were not balanced)
> > 8. Oh yea…they also brought back the competitive roots of halo.
> >
> > They can’t always bring stuff in to please EVERYONE. They add what they can while adding in new things as well. A lot if things people want happen to be cosmetics which has no effect on gameplay so I question why it needs to be in a game to begin with.
>
>
> You say they did things, but really they just fixed/removed poor ideas they or Bungie had put in the previous two titles. That’s not doing anything. That’s just reacting to the most intense backlash.

It actually is doing something lol. If something didn’t have positive feedback then sequals generally try to fix it. I’m sorry your hate for the newer games blind you to not seeing that the “older” games won’t continuously be remade.

Literally someone posted all 343 has to do is redskin h3 and bam! New game. I’m sorry but no lol. That’s how a franchise gets boring old fast.