Halo:5 could be saved.

Halo 5 needs some changes, and I’m going to keep posting and making noise until things happen.
I’ve decided that halo 5’s speed is a problem. That is one of the root gameplay problems, a cause of other gameplay issues. The time to kill is far too short, making any kind of reaction kind of impossible, so any halo Instincts are just kinda out the window. The game plays a lot more like a call of duty game as a result.
The maximum speed for aiming is rather slow, and the diagonal aiming issue feels like it’s not completely gone. Something feels very off about aiming in this game.
Vehicles are weaker than ever. Their HP is at a historic low, even lower than halo 4. This is annoying.
Vehicles also splatter far too easily. We’re spartans for god’s sake. I am by no means saying we should be able to just get hit and not get hurt or killed, simply that vehicle inpact damage needs a nerf, their health needs a buff.
I’d like to note that ground pound is mostly useless. It’s cool, but horrendously useless and takes far too long to activate, especially with how short kill time are.
The weapons in the game feel unfulfilled and not filled out properly, it feels like there’s holes in the vehicle layout, and not enough variety.

I’ll say again, custom games is a mess. No forced colors. No fun gametypes like infection. Searched for hours and found no loadouts and no random weapons and no sort of infinite ammo options.
The special weapons and vehicles are missing from custom games, and that feels inexcusable, for those weapons could bring a lot of fun to custom games.
The interface is a little wonky, you may want to update some things.
I’ll be posting stuff like this a lot. My main point, like I said, is that halo’s pace is off. That needs to be fixed urgently. Halo could be saved, and the poor sales could be rectified back into one of the top played games on Xbox like halo should be. Look at what worked in the past and try not to change everything we hold dear, the new things are beautiful and good, but the core elements that have been tampered with are not okay.

Disagree with most of this… Halo has short kill time? Have you not played other FPS? Halo still has one of the longest kill times. It’s still four head shots for the kill with most weapons except power weapons. Vehicles could be a bit tougher but I wouldn’t want to go back to almost indestructible vehicles either. I feel the splatter works fine as well. I am glad they made ground pound hard to use other wise it would replace using weapons. Ground pound is more of an ambush tactic than offensive one. If you feel your aiming speed is slow adjust your sensitivity. This was the first Halo game where I had to turn mine up. I have always just used the default but now I use 4. As far as the way weapons feel that is pretty subjective. I think they feel fine though.
To me if they want to “save” Halo, which I don’t really think it needs saving, but if they want to bring more players to it they need to A… release more playlist stat! Why such a limited playlist I will never understand. Catering to the competitive crowd is great but as we can tell that is a small crowd. Bring in the social and fun playlist as well… B… along with more playlist more multiplayer maps. It doesn’t take long before these limited maps feel very repetitive… C… make some stuff like armor, weapons, etc unlockable from gameplay so we don’t have to rely on the random req system… D… forge with a easy to use file share system so players can make and share maps.
All those things are simple and should really have been there from the start. They chose to release the game before that stuff was ready. When that stuff is added will a crowd come back? Guess we will see.

I totally disagree with you. I started typing to one by one disagree with most of your points but I’m not going to waste my time with it. Instead…

> 2533274821179596;1:
> I’m going to keep posting and making noise until things happen.
>
> I’ll be posting stuff like this a lot.

Please don’t, and please stop. Your ideas are wack.

Don’t ever stop. We need more people like you making noise. Ttk in this game turns every gunfight into a “shoot first and win” meta. It’s unacceptable in a Halo game.

agree with most of this keep doing it maybe it happens

Aiming in this game just feels off from others. I have always been very good in MM in the past 5 halos (since H2), averaging anywhere from 15-20 kills a game and now average around 8; As well as having 40.00% accuracy in COD. But in this game aiming in a challenge in itself. Also it seems like kill times are faster. I know that its “consistent” with other halo games in the shots to kill department but it just feels off.

Oh yes. Because your opinion is high above ours and 343, along with the rest of the world, should bow down to you. No. Not everyone has the same idea of improvement as you do.

However, I do agree with your opinion on Custom Games. But I don not see why we need forced colors.

> 2533274830444029;4:
> Don’t ever stop. We need more people like you making noise. Ttk in this game turns every gunfight into a “shoot first and win” meta. It’s unacceptable in a Halo game.

That’s exactly how Halo 3 was. And no one else seems to care. Now that it’s in Halo 5 you complain?

I humbly disagree.

Pace of the “Default” gametypes is the best since Halo:CE. There could be some tweaks but slower kill times is not one of them.

Customs could use better options, but it’s still better than most other FPS games and it’s always been an issue with Bungie and now 343. Also, I would be worried of lowering the MM population if more play Customs.

Vehicles could use work but increasing their HP is definitely not it. They might change how Splatters are designed cause I feel like I can’t jump over it or anything but it is a minor issue. The main issue is that you can’t fight a Vehicle while on foot, you are basically dead; It has been this way since Halo 2 and it have affected Halo in a negative way. They should revert back to Hogs and Tanks not being able to be destroyed and take off extra shield health and remove driver cover… would make Halo play better for sure like Vehicle warfare did in HCE 14 years ago.

Aiming is a problem with the newer XBox One controllers I think. They are programmed for 3rd person games I feel, such as Assassin’s Creed. It might be something to get used to or maybe modded controllers will work better. The issue is that you need a wide radius of the stick in order to make reticule adjustments and if you use full radius the aim acceleration throws you off.

Also, don’t keep posting “to make noise”. Your ideas are not the greatest.

> 2535457466029008;8:
> > 2533274830444029;4:
> > Don’t ever stop. We need more people like you making noise. Ttk in this game turns every gunfight into a “shoot first and win” meta. It’s unacceptable in a Halo game.
>
>
> That’s exactly how Halo 3 was. And no one else seems to care. Now that it’s in Halo 5 you complain?

Are you sure you even played Halo 3? Serious question.

Stopped reading after the obligatory COD comparison…

Besides lack of content, I think the game is pretty dope.

All the changes are whatever, halo changed every game, I am getting use to it just like the other games.

halo 3 best halo ever

all halo 5 has to do is make halo 3 but with better graphics thats it

then it will get 3mil copies sold

> 2533274837711938;14:
> halo 3 best halo ever
>
> all halo 5 has to do is make halo 3 but with better graphics thats it
>
> then it will get 3mil copies sold

Haha. Well Halo 5 is Halo 3 but with no need for BR starts, all weapons being useful, faster bullet travel and less random spreads, no annoying Equipment drops, and dynamic map movement and possible juke options. There’s a lot of similarities except without all that annoying stuff!

Population started dropping during Halo 3. Game got boring, unless it was Grifball keeping you in. Once MW2 and Gears2 started picking up many moved to those. I know cause I was one of them. Reach or Halo 4 was not able to bring everyone back. There are alot of addicting games these days now; it would be tough to bring the population back.

Halo 5 isn’t that far off from what I’d want from Halo. But, there are tons of things that would need to happen to become on top again.

> 2760465307323250;15:
> > 2533274837711938;14:
> > halo 3 best halo ever
> >
> > all halo 5 has to do is make halo 3 but with better graphics thats it
> >
> > then it will get 3mil copies sold
>
>
> Haha. Well Halo 5 is Halo 3 but with no need for BR starts, all weapons being useful, faster bullet travel and less random spreads, no annoying Equipment drops, and dynamic map movement and possible juke options. There’s a lot of similarities except without all that annoying stuff!
>
> Population started dropping during Halo 3. Game got boring, unless it was Grifball keeping you in. Once MW2 and Gears2 started picking up many moved to those. I know cause I was one of them. Reach or Halo 4 was not able to bring everyone back. There are alot of addicting games these days now; it would be tough to bring the population back.
>
> Halo 5 isn’t that far off from what I’d want from Halo. But, there are tons of things that would need to happen to become on top again.

LOL. Population was pretty high for like 4 years. Like, it stayed #1 most played on Xbox. Even when MW2 came out, Halo 3 still had a higher population.
Halo 5 is like Halo 3 except:
-Now it’s more linear in map design
-Now there’s thrusters
-Now there’s sprint
-The guns play completely different
-The art is completely different
-Default jump gravity is different
-Radar is different
-Heck, even the shields respond a little differently
-Bullet magnetism is out of this world (Halo 3 had the least bullet magnetism)
-Etc. There are tons of other different things.
So basically… It’s a different game. Under the same franchise name. Lol.

It’s just so idiotic every time someone brings up the drop in population or sales figures, etc. someone else in this thread mentioned it. It’s not the game it’s the gamers. Gamers are psyched on other games. Games with steep learning curves like halo just aren’t as popular. Let’s just move on from all that.

> 2533274830444029;4:
> Don’t ever stop. We need more people like you making noise. Ttk in this game turns every gunfight into a “shoot first and win” meta. It’s unacceptable in a Halo game.

this hardly ever happens, they get first shot all they like, i got thrusters.

Anyways OP, i disagree with the first section, but im onboard with the second, i was dying to use the prophet’s bane again on truth, but nope, i also wanted to have fun with the void plasma pistols, but nope, it is missing options too, and i would bring back unranked socials.

> 2533274830444029;4:

Why is that a problem anyway? The person who shoots first should win, assuming they have decent aim… Unless you are horrendously bad, I should not be able to be shot in the back of the head and then turn and shoot and kill you.

How does that not make sense?

> 2533274830444029;4:

All my reversal medals disagree with you