Halo 5 confirmed by AXIS Animation

HALO 5 by: AXIS Animation (link provided by CooKiiExM0nSTeR)

UPDATE:
It appears that AXIS has taken down the video by changing the privacy settings for the video. Fortunately the story is all over various gaming websites and screenshots can still be found on Kotaku

Axis Animation, best known by Halo fans for creating the CG episodes of SPARTAN OPS also created the HALO FOR XBOX ONE trailer which debuted at E3 earlier this year.

Apparently they created two versions of the trailer:

1. The one shown at E3 with only the title Halo at the end

2. THIS alternate one, released on their website which specifically states Halo 5 at the end of the video

To be honest, all this suggests to me is that at some point the project was Halo 5. Now whether that has changed pre or post E3 is anyone’s guess but it is still nice to actually see official trailer footage with the words Halo 5.

Take from this what you will and discuss whether or not you want this next Halo game for the Xbox One to fall in line with past traditional Halo titles or have Halo follow Microsoft’s new idea of a SAGA instead of a TRILOGY where numbered titles will fall by the wayside.

I am shocked, almost too shocked for words!

I’m guessing that whole conversation of turning the trilogy into a saga made it hard for 343i to decide a name.

Good to know that it’s (apparently)officially Halo 5 now. I imagine it’ll be truly confirmed during the finals

@Hotrod I KNOW RIGHT!?

I have a feeling AXIS wont have this video up long when Microsoft finds out about it. It seems that they have been trying to move away from not only confirming whether or not this next title is Halo 5 but also that with the recent change to a SAGA, separating themselves from the need to number each title. I’m not quite sure what to make of it all, to be honest.

@The Omeggos - I would be careful saying that it is now official. For all we know they could have changed from Halo 5 to just HALO before E3 and that this is an old iteration of the trailer before they re branded. Again, this is all speculation on my part.

> @The Omeggos - I would be careful saying that it is now official. For all we know they could have changed from Halo 5 to just HALO before E3 and that this is an old iteration of the trailer before they re branded. Again, this is all speculation on my part.

Yeah I know, that’s why I said (apparently)

> I have a feeling AXIS wont have this video up long when Microsoft finds out about it. It seems that they have been trying to move away from not only confirming whether or not this next title is Halo 5 but also that with the recent change to a SAGA, separating themselves from the need to number each title. I’m not quite sure what to make of it all, to be honest.

How does making it a saga affect whether it has to be numbered or not? I mean, the Hobbit is a trilogy and isn’t numbered. Numbers don’t have to be in multiples of three either. Halo 5. Halo 6. Halo 7. Halo 8. BOOM! Saga all with numbers.

I mean, they may choose not to number it. But its not like they ever had to if it was the “reclaimer trilogy.”

At least this confirms that it is indeed a sequel to Halo 4, rather than a spinoff as some have speculated.

They have still be working on a name, but now we do know Halo 5 has already been styled in to work.

> At least this confirms that it is indeed a sequel to Halo 4, rather than a spinoff as some have speculated.

I’ve not gotten the speculation. Its been confirmed for some time that it will be an FPS starring Master Chief set after Halo 4. I don’t know why anyone would do the mental gymnastics necessary to interpret that as anything other than a sequel.

> > I have a feeling AXIS wont have this video up long when Microsoft finds out about it. It seems that they have been trying to move away from not only confirming whether or not this next title is Halo 5 but also that with the recent change to a SAGA, separating themselves from the need to number each title. I’m not quite sure what to make of it all, to be honest.
>
> How does making it a saga affect whether it has to be numbered or not? I mean, the Hobbit is a trilogy and isn’t numbered. Numbers don’t have to be in multiples of three either. Halo 5. Halo 6. Halo 7. Halo 8. BOOM! Saga all with numbers.
>
> I mean, they may choose not to number it. But its not like they ever had to if it was the “reclaimer trilogy.”

I have never stated that a trilogy REQUIRES numbers and a saga doesn’t. What I have based my comments on have been because of the references to to the original trilogy of halo games (all numbered) and the subsequent announcement of a new TRILOGY of Halo games. I am only assuming that in THIS case it meant a lettered trilogy because of not only the past games but by the fact that Halo 4 is a numbered entry into the universe. It just seemed odd to me that they would stop using numerals after a fourth title which kicked off a new series of games.

But of course this all changed when Microsoft changed their stance to call the next iterations of Halo a SAGA, which allow perfectly for the examples that you gave, so in that sense I completely agree with you.

There have been those that believed the lack of a simple “Halo and number” meant it wasn’t a main game.

> > At least this confirms that it is indeed a sequel to Halo 4, rather than a spinoff as some have speculated.
>
> I’ve not gotten the speculation. Its been confirmed for some time that it will be an FPS starring Master Chief set after Halo 4. I don’t know why anyone would do the mental gymnastics necessary to interpret that as anything other than a sequel.

Assassins creed Brother and Revelations star Ezio, but they arent numbered sequels, for example. It’s not hard to believe they could have gone with a different name.

> There have been those that believed the lack of a simple “Halo and number” meant it wasn’t a main game.

A “title unconfirmed” comment hardly seems like compelling evidence when taking the specific game details into account.

> There have been those that believed the lack of a simple “Halo and number” meant it wasn’t a main game.

This + unwillingness from Microsoft to confirm the title + change from a Trilogy to a Saga = people thinking its a spin off.

This is quite ridiculous though as RavensHal0 pointed out, “Its been confirmed for some time that it will be an FPS starring Master Chief set after Halo 4. I don’t know why anyone would do the mental gymnastics necessary to interpret that as anything other than a sequel.”

> > > At least this confirms that it is indeed a sequel to Halo 4, rather than a spinoff as some have speculated.
> >
> > I’ve not gotten the speculation. Its been confirmed for some time that it will be an FPS starring Master Chief set after Halo 4. I don’t know why anyone would do the mental gymnastics necessary to interpret that as anything other than a sequel.
>
> Assassins creed Brother and Revelations star Ezio, but they arent numbered sequels, for example. It’s not hard to believe they could have gone with a different name.

But they WERE sequels unless I am mistaken (haven’t played them, so feel free to correct me).

Speculating on the name I understand. But they could call it “Halo Conflagration” and make Halo 5 after that… it wouldn’t change the fact that if it follows your main character in chronological order that it is a sequel.

Well, it’s finally confirmed

I’m just scratching my head as to why they didn’t just call it Halo 5 in the first place. There was clearly a five in the clouds in the trailer.

I think it’s time for this forum to be renamed from “Halo Xbox One” to “Halo 5”.

I’m glad it isn’t Halo 2 Anniversary, we need to move on, not stay in the past

Thank god they just called it “Halo 5”. “Halo for Xbox One” would have been dumb.

This is 100% real, its fully HD and the sound is way better then any other Halo Xbox One video on the internet… Yay!! :smiley: