Halo 5 concept art...

With the recent confirmation that Sparth will be the lead art director for the next halo game, 343 decided to tease us with some new concept art. Check it out!

http://dualpixels.com/2014/01/09/new-halo-5-concept-art-shows-sparth/

It’s not much to go by, but the city’s architecture resembles New Mombasa, so it could be on Earth. Knowing that it “features prominently” leads me to believe it’s a HUB - possibly in or around New Phoenix where the incident took place. It could also be a different city entirely, or even a completely different planet.

Uhhhhhhh am I the only one seeing the apparently retrofitted covie ship?

> Uhhhhhhh am I the only one seeing the apparently retrofitted covie ship?

If you are referring to the structure under the infinity, no it’s not a covie ship. There are other structures of the same nature in the background.

don’t worry drops I saw the same thing at first

> It’s not much to go by, but the city’s architecture resembles New Mombasa, so it could be on Earth. Knowing that it “features prominently” leads me to believe it’s a HUB - possibly in or around New Phoenix where the incident took place. It could also be a different city entirely, or even a completely different planet.

I thought I might be a hub world as well. Here’s my analysis of the picture I posted in the other thread:

There is not much we can glean from this picture, aside from it being Infinity over a human settlement. What I like about this concept art is that where ever they are, it looks lived in. Sure, there are people on the streets, but the various signs read “OPEN To Go” probably indicating a fast-food restaurant, another reads “GOLD OPEN” probably a pawn shop of sorts. And the final one I see is a blue arrow which reads, I think, “Change” next to what appears to be a parked transport vessel of some kind indicating some kind of space port.
So, imo, this area seems to be a kind of space port town which thrives on visitors who stop in to grab a bite to eat before their flight, and also for travelers who either want to get rid of extra goods at that pawn shop or pick up a trinket before their flight.
Now, they say this location features prominently in the next title. But why put such emphasis on what appears to be a simple space port town? again, I’m grasping at straws, but I think this could be a sort of hub town like Mombasa was in ODST
I know that’s a lot of conjecture, but it’s what I see this picture portraying.

> > Uhhhhhhh am I the only one seeing the apparently retrofitted covie ship?
>
> If you are referring to the structure under the infinity, no it’s not a covie ship. There are other structures of the same nature in the background.

I see it…mighty suspicious that they seem to have cockpit window…

Well, Holmes basically said that the concept art is an early version of a level that WILL be in the game.

So, naturally, Halo 2/ODST urban levels instantly come to mind, and that has me super excited! :smiley:

> > It’s not much to go by, but the city’s architecture resembles New Mombasa, so it could be on Earth. Knowing that it “features prominently” leads me to believe it’s a HUB - possibly in or around New Phoenix where the incident took place. It could also be a different city entirely, or even a completely different planet.
>
> I thought I might be a hub world as well. Here’s my analysis of the picture I posted in the other thread:
>
> There is not much we can glean from this picture, aside from it being Infinity over a human settlement. What I like about this concept art is that where ever they are, it looks lived in. Sure, there are people on the streets, but the various signs read “OPEN To Go” probably indicating a fast-food restaurant, another reads “GOLD OPEN” probably a pawn shop of sorts. And the final one I see is a blue arrow which reads, I think, “Change” next to what appears to be a parked transport vessel of some kind indicating some kind of space port.
> So, imo, this area seems to be a kind of space port town which thrives on visitors who stop in to grab a bite to eat before their flight, and also for travelers who either want to get rid of extra goods at that pawn shop or pick up a trinket before their flight.
> Now, they say this location features prominently in the next title. But why put such emphasis on what appears to be a simple space port town? again, I’m grasping at straws, but I think this could be a sort of hub town like Mombasa was in ODST
> I know that’s a lot of conjecture, but it’s what I see this picture portraying.

Jeff Stiezer did confirm in an interview that Halo 5 will be much more open than previous Halos (or at the least, much more open than Halo 4). So you might really be onto something (which gets me really excited!).

Looking at the concept art, one of the first things that I noticed was the sky box behind the Infinity. Clearly there is a large curvature to the sky, either indicating a large object above this settlement (Destiny’s Traveler lol) or perhaps the outer rim of a Halo. While this is rampant speculation, I would absolutely love for Halo to return to, you know, a Halo.

> Looking at the concept art, one of the first things that I noticed was the sky box behind the Infinity. Clearly there is a large curvature to the sky, either indicating a large object above this settlement (Destiny’s Traveler lol) or perhaps the outer rim of a Halo. While this is rampant speculation, I would absolutely love for Halo to return to, you know, a Halo.

Me too, but the lesser or greater ark would suffice.

Finally, some concept art!
But I wonder if its Halo Xbox one/5 concept art or something else.

> If you are referring to the structure under the infinity, no it’s not a covie ship. There are other structures of the same nature in the background.

That was my initial thought when first seeing the image as well. Maybe the UNSC are using damaged covenant cruisers and repairing them to use as building structures?

It looks good but will the game be good?

Halo 4 had some of the best art in any Halo game but it by far was once of the worst Halo games in terms of multiplayer and gameplay. 343i has done a lot to push the limitations of the 360 in making worlds that reflect their vision but there needs to be more to the game than appearance.

The concept art looks interesting but I can’t point out any details that would seem to definitively say anything other than the Infinity will remain important in this game.

Hold up!

This concept art is a playable space in the Campaign, and it looks lively and the Infinity is there. But Master Chief is isolated from everyone.

Dual-Campaign confirmed? I think yes!

> Hold up!
>
> This concept art is a playable space in the Campaign, and it looks lively and the Infinity is there. But Master Chief is isolated from everyone.
>
> Dual-Campaign confirmed? I think yes!

Thats assuming that MC doesn’t get to this place afterwards, or even before hand…

> Hold up!
>
> This concept art is a playable space in the Campaign, and it looks lively and the Infinity is there. But Master Chief is isolated from everyone.
>
> Dual-Campaign confirmed? I think yes!

How do we know Chief is isolated from everyone? After Halo 4, he was on Earth.

> > Looking at the concept art, one of the first things that I noticed was the sky box behind the Infinity. Clearly there is a large curvature to the sky, either indicating a large object above this settlement (Destiny’s Traveler lol) or perhaps the outer rim of a Halo. While this is rampant speculation, I would absolutely love for Halo to return to, you know, a Halo.
>
> Me too, but the lesser or greater ark would suffice.

It takes a little imagination, but I was thinking that that black space might actually BE space, and the settlement we see is seated on one of the Ark’s arms.

I found the concept art looks quite terrible. Sure, it looks alright as a thumbnail, but open it up in 2400x1400, the entire composition of the art design makes the city look cluttered and random. Even more problems: the buildings look like the artist made them from random shapes, so overall it is just an eye sore of a mess to look at up close. It was poorly done. Maybe it was meant to be a thumb nail, I don’t know. If it was a thumb nail, then my objections are absolutely meaningless.

:smiley: prepare yourselves, the halo information is coming :smiley:

…I am thinking of the Primordium cover for some reason.

-Yoink- design and awesome news 343, keep hitting me.

Also to the guy who said this is terrible art, your backing is seriously unfair, play the whole series and pay attention to what year it takes place. :confused:

> It looks good but will the game be good?
> Halo 4 had some of the best art in any Halo game but it by far was once of the worst Halo games in terms of multiplayer and gameplay. 343i has done a lot to push the limitations of the 360 in making worlds that reflect their vision but there needs to be more to the game than appearance.

I think Halo 4’s issue was mainly its time of release, the 360 was at its lifes sunset (and devout fans I speak to ended up paying attention to Xbox One rumors more than playing Halo 4- not by its initial quality either), and at its sway with GTA V taking up its population of Xbox fans especially attracting hardcore. Sure, Halo is the biggest shooter on the platform by far, but the release didn’t exactly sit at a cozy window.