Halo 5 competitive mode betting

Anyone else think it would be cool if teams could wager things in the arena mode? Things like req packs and even as much as betting xbox live gold membership days? I know this is as close to impossible a feature as there ever has been but I think that could really add a lot of drama to the matches.

Betting gold membership days is a bit much…

This idea would be better if Guardians had a credit system like Reach’s.

As someone who is psychological incapable of ever placing a wager on anything, or of understanding why anyone else would want to, I don’t really need to see this feature built into the game. I’m picturing a whole new generation of kids addicted to gambling, as everyone seems to be addicted to something these days, hanging out in the forums and panhandling for req packs or 1-month gold cards. Is this a picture you really want to see brought to life?

> 2533274873843883;3:
> I’m picturing a whole new generation of kids addicted to gambling, as everyone seems to be addicted to something these days, hanging out in the forums and panhandling for req packs or 1-month gold cards.

Lol. You’re probably right. I could see it coming to that.

No betting

But if you had to bet id bet on warzone

You should never be able to gamble anything that you can buy with real money, so no, not req packs. Maaaaaaaaybe cards, or whatever the credit you earn as you play is, but certainly not packs.

Maybe even just cosmetic cards.

-Yoink- it, let’s gamble cash. Quit beating around the bush and put my money where my mouth is. Imagine the glory: “1v1, beaver creek, $30 entrance winner takes all. Lets do this.”

> 2533274803493024;8:
> -Yoink- it, let’s gamble cash. Quit beating around the bush and put my money where my mouth is. Imagine the glory: “1v1, beaver creek, $30 entrance winner takes all. Lets do this.”

Hahah I can already picture Halo sharks, playing terribly in a Team slayer game and then absolutely slaughtering people in 1v1 as soon as a bet is made.

> 2533274826317859;9:
> > 2533274803493024;8:
> > -Yoink- it, let’s gamble cash. Quit beating around the bush and put my money where my mouth is. Imagine the glory: “1v1, beaver creek, $30 entrance winner takes all. Lets do this.”
>
>
> Hahah I can already picture Halo sharks, playing terribly in a Team slayer game and then absolutely slaughtering people in 1v1 as soon as a bet is made.

Lol, how could that be a bad thing. It would get people watching on Twitch or the new spectate mode. It would bring interest to the game.

They should add an option in spectate mode where the viewers could place bets on who will win. It could be the req packs, the xbox live membership days or reach style credits. Tell me that wouldn’t be fun.

I remember when I use to play counter strike Source some servers allowed betting.

Some people are serious enough about matchmaking. Don’t encourage them.

I bet that Microsoft won’t allow betting over Xbox LIVE with real money or Microsoft currency/memberships.

I doubt it too.

ha credits were pointless after a certain level, just put them to some use as wagers with no inherent value :wink:

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

<mark>Redacted</mark>

Please don’t revive old threads, thanks!