Halo 5 Community

Is it just me, or does the Halo 5 community seem, for lack of a better term, more demanding than the community of previous titles? On any given day, when you check the forums, 2 out of the 3 most popular threads are, almost without fail, about how much this one particular aspect of the game is awful and that the upcoming update is worthless and stupid. I’ve played Halo since CE, and I understand a lot of the frustrations people have, but even towards Halo 4, there didn’t seem to be this much hate, or at least hate that’s this VOCAL. Why do you think the situation is as it is right now?

We’ve been waiting since launch for a game to have atleast the same amount of content as previous titles. And with each update, instead of adding better content, we get reskinned maps, weapons, and some emblems

And what exactly is your definition of “better”? Tell me exactly what Halo 5 lacks in comparison to previous Halos. And keep in mind, we’ve barely gotten half of Halo 5’s expected content, so when we inevitably bring up Halo Reach, in order to be fair, we must discuss Reach in the state it was in 5 months after launch.

> 2533274872156802;3:
> And what exactly is your definition of “better”? Tell me exactly what Halo 5 lacks in comparison to previous Halos. And keep in mind, we’ve barely gotten half of Halo 5’s expected content, so when we inevitably bring up Halo Reach, to be fair, we must discuss Reach in the state it was in 5 months after launch.

Halo Reach didn’t NEED five months. Say what you want about it, I hate that game and still do, it was packed with content that reflected all the years of growth and experience. Halo 5 strikes me as 343 spreading the pieces of the series out over the floor and trying to figure out where it all went so wrong after the lukewarm reception of Halo 4 and the outright vitriol they (rightfully) received over the MCC.

Come July, know what we’re going to have? A game with largely the same amount of content that we had 6 years ago. Unless you count skins and that kind of req bloat.

> 2533274823519895;4:
> > 2533274872156802;3:
> > And what exactly is your definition of “better”? Tell me exactly what Halo 5 lacks in comparison to previous Halos. And keep in mind, we’ve barely gotten half of Halo 5’s expected content, so when we inevitably bring up Halo Reach, to be fair, we must discuss Reach in the state it was in 5 months after launch.
>
>
> Halo Reach didn’t NEED five months. Say what you want about it, I hate that game and still do, it was packed with content that reflected all the years of growth and experience. Halo 5 strikes me as 343 spreading the pieces of the series out over the floor and trying to figure out where it all went so wrong after the lukewarm reception of Halo 4 and the outright vitriol they (rightfully) received over the MCC.
>
> Come July, know what we’re going to have? A game with largely the same amount of content that we had 6 years ago. Unless you count skins and that kind of req bloat.

Halo Reach indeed did need 5 months. 5 months after Reach’s launch, the total multiplayer map count was at 16. Right now, Halo 5 has in Arena, 17 playable maps. That’s hardly lack of content. The only real places where I can see Halo 5 is truly lacking are Warzone maps, permanent social playlists, and as you said, req bloat, which could be fixed pretty easily if they make the UI similar to Halo Reach’s. Also, when you talk about Halo 5’s “same amount of content”, what exactly is your meaning? What did Reach bring in its content updates that Halo 5 does not? Not trying to be belligerent here, just want to have an honest conversation.