Halo 5 Community and 343 read this.

Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.

Firefight
As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.

Social Playlists
So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)

Community Creations
My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.

Voting
My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.

343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.

Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
Kingrey, out.

> 2533274973942863;1:
> Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
> Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
> You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.
>
> Firefight
> As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
> As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.
>
> Social Playlists
> So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
> A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
> That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)
>
> Community Creations
> My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.
>
> Voting
> My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.
>
> 343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.
>
> Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
> Kingrey, out.

Well said, but no voting or matches will be the same 2-3 maps over and over again.

> 2535405820922739;2:
> > 2533274973942863;1:
> > Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
> > Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
> > You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.
> >
> > Firefight
> > As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
> > As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.
> >
> > Social Playlists
> > So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
> > A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
> > That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)
> >
> > Community Creations
> > My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.
> >
> > Voting
> > My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.
> >
> > 343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.
> >
> > Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
> > Kingrey, out.
>
>
> Well said, but no voting or matches will be the same 2-3 maps over and over again.

Well I mean it would be a randomly picked 3 maps.

> 2535405820922739;2:
> > 2533274973942863;1:
> > Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
> > Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
> > You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.
> >
> > Firefight
> > As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
> > As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.
> >
> > Social Playlists
> > So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
> > A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
> > That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)
> >
> > Community Creations
> > My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.
> >
> > Voting
> > My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.
> >
> > 343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.
> >
> > Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
> > Kingrey, out.
>
>
> Well said, but no voting or matches will be the same 2-3 maps over and over again.

As if they aren’t already…

I’m playing the same maps more often in this game than I did in an py of the ones that had voting.

Sniff That was beautiful, thank you for being one of the few people who are calmly trying to get these gamemodes and not bashing 343 like many others.

> 2533274859421065;4:
> > 2535405820922739;2:
> > > 2533274973942863;1:
> > > Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
> > > Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
> > > You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.
> > >
> > > Firefight
> > > As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
> > > As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.
> > >
> > > Social Playlists
> > > So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
> > > A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
> > > That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)
> > >
> > > Community Creations
> > > My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.
> > >
> > > Voting
> > > My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.
> > >
> > > 343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
> > > Kingrey, out.
> >
> >
> > Well said, but no voting or matches will be the same 2-3 maps over and over again.
>
>
> As if they aren’t already…
>
> I’m playing the same maps more often in this game than I did in an py of the ones that had voting.

same played Eden Strongholds 3 times in a row

Thank god! It’s nice to see someone actually voice their concerns in a civil manner for once!!! 343 need to read this for that alone!

Anyways back to the post, I agree with a lot but a few things I’d change - No voting firstly; means everyone picks the same maps, Firefight should have two modes competitive and social; 343 have tried to hit hard with the esports and competitive side of things so I’d propose having the standard firefight introduced, then a Firefight Race mode where a Fireteam of 4 competes against 5 waves of enemies against the clock to have their score placed on a leaderboard and earn a rank from it too!

Regarding community creations, I love this idea - it would be cool if each month they create a community creations playlist of some of the best maps of that month and then people can vote for their favourite maps to be entered into the mainstream playlists!

But great suggestions man! hopefully 343 see this!

> 2533274794453179;7:
> Thank god! It’s nice to see someone actually voice their concerns in a civil manner for once!!! 343 need to read this for that alone!
>
> Anyways back to the post, I agree with a lot but a few things I’d change - No voting firstly; means everyone picks the same maps, Firefight should have two modes competitive and social; 343 have tried to hit hard with the esports and competitive side of things so I’d propose having the standard firefight introduced, then a Firefight Race mode where a Fireteam of 4 competes against 5 waves of enemies against the clock to have their score placed on a leaderboard and earn a rank from it too!
>
> Regarding community creations, I love this idea - it would be cool if each month they create a community creations playlist of some of the best maps of that month and then people can vote for their favourite maps to be entered into the mainstream playlists!
>
> But great suggestions man! hopefully 343 see this!

Thanks

Also forgot team doubles.

I forgot Oddball and King of the Hill also. These are all game modes I would like to see return.

> 2533274845931914;5:
> Sniff That was beautiful, thank you for being one of the few people who are calmly trying to get these gamemodes and not bashing 343 like many others.

Yes. Also, aa tie in to community creations, the file browser is imperative with the coming of forge.

> 2533274847146131;11:
> > 2533274845931914;5:
> > Sniff That was beautiful, thank you for being one of the few people who are calmly trying to get these gamemodes and not bashing 343 like many others.
>
>
> Yes. Also, aa tie in to community creations, the file browser is imperative with the coming of forge.

I think they know if File browser doesn’t release along side Forge they will completely get killed by the raging fans already among us.

Why would you give out your real name on a public online forum?

> 2535472175656268;13:
> Why would you give out your real name on a public online forum?

Formality sake and mainly because I don’t care.

All very valid points and with the exception of voting, I agree with all of them.

One thing I would like to add is that if we are adding firefight or any other co-op PvE mode, i’d like to see some ability to customise the experience similar to the options available in Reach.

> 2535405820922739;2:
> > 2533274973942863;1:
> >
> > Firefight
> >
> > Social Playlists
> >
> > Community Creations
> >
> > Voting
> >
> >
> > Kingrey, out.
>
>

For real, if people can vote, they will only vote for the maps they are good at, and you end up in the same map every time!

> 2535405820922739;2:
> > 2533274973942863;1:
> >
> > Firefight
> >
> > Social Playlists
> >
> > Community Creations
> >
> > Voting
> >
> >
> > Kingrey, out.
>
>

Yes!! No voting please! Everything else sounds good

I thought I liked voting. But now that I have played without it I like the random better.

> 2533274973942863;1:
> Hello 343, My name is James Kingrey. I have been playing Halo since I could pick up a controller. (If your wondering that age of 3)
> Since then I have seen the series I loved evolve many times. But one thing always stood clear was that it was a Halo game.
> You’re team has crafted a beautiful and wonderful experience here in Halo 5. Reminding me of reading the books and how to spartans moved and fought.
>
> Firefight
> As many other players I have seen some problems firstly the lack of CO-OP content. So I decided to do a little research test poll, titled “Firefight for Halo 5”.
> As of the date the current results are 87% said yes, 6% said no, and another 6% said they don’t care.
>
> Social Playlists
> So straying from CO-OP modes let’s talk Social Playlists. (I know they are going to do a weekly test of different modes just this is a list of what should be added)
> A fellow gamer by the name of “An Ewoks Wrath” made a full list containing these playlist gametypes in another forum post I made titled “Game Modes that should be added in Halo 5” here is the list: Social SWAT, Social Slayer, Infection, Social Big Team Battle, Grifball, Multi Team, and Social Objectives.
> That was his specific list. But we also got many other game types desired to come back like Headhunter, Team Snipers, someone also brought up PvE Warzone, My idea of what he mean’t was Warzone Assault where the team of players defend against the AI and then once the round ends the players Assault. (The having 2 rounds in a game of Warzone Assault needs to be added in anyways. Where one round you assault and another you defend)
>
> Community Creations
> My next point is going to be Community Created. Now I know that this isn’t capable of happening yet as Forge is still being worked on at the time of this post. But there should be a way a person could send in a map they made and if it’s good enough get put into the normal circulation of maps. I’m stating this as it is 343 this is literally free labor from players. Most forgers would die to get most of their maps into normal circulation of maps. Listen one more time FREE LABOR all you do is put it into the circulation and check the map to make sure it’s balanced.
>
> Voting
> My last point is voting on maps and game modes at the beginning of each match. I don’t care if it’s from just a selection of two different maps or the same map but two different game modes. I would like to see a option of voting on three different maps/gamemodes but if two is what you can do then I’m fine with it.
>
> 343 the main reason I have gathered data like this is to show you that your fans, Halo fans want this to be one of the greatest Halo games ever. I will continue diligently to gain more data, and to continue to try and make Halo 5 one of the best Halo games ever. Now this last bit is for the rest of the community, please spread this around continue yourselves in participating in polls about what you would like to see and you don’t want to see. If the community bands together, nothing is impossible.
>
> Thanks for your time everyone. I hope this somehow reaches a 343 employee and makes them bring this up to the rest of the team.
> Kingrey, out.

Thanks for the constructive post. There are a lot of things I agree on with this, which in results to me making my own post regarding a lot of things to be added for the next installment.

But to everything you have here I would say that the voting part is a no go, all they need is a fixed rotation and not a randomized one, that way it wont play the same map over and over again.

I agree with this completely, there is a lack in variance in multiplayer. No game type entirely aimed towards casual players. Warzone feels like pay to win then there is a massive 5! I know right, game types on arena. The content that has been provided doesn’t warrant the excuse that they had to meet deadlines. The campaign was okay had some good moments but that was it. Halo for me used to be a game any type of player could enjoy now not so much. At least if i want to go back and play forge or firefight i have mcc. 343 should surely focus on what Halo fans love about the saga and not try and play into other markets, maybe thats just what i think?