Halo 5 Cinematics

With the 343 outsourcing the Halo 2 Anniversary cinematics to Blur studios, which were incredible, do you think that 343 will be able to keep up to par with the precedent Blur set with their cinematics? It also seems that 343 will be using the in-game engine to run through the cutscenes, is that the right call?

Yes they can. I don’t want to sit at a loading screen because it’s loading the cutscene instead of a smooth transition to the next level or part of the mission.

> do you think that 343 will be able to keep up to par with the precedent Blur set with their cinematics?

No. But I wouldn’t expect that many people could.

> It also seems that 343 will be using the in-game engine to run through the cutscenes, is that the right call?

Personal preference I guess. I prefer Blur but I imagine they are expensive.

They’ll look great either way.

if they are like halo 4’s then there’s no issue with me!

If I remember correctly Frank O’Conner stated when asked if Halo 5 will be like h2a or Halo 4 in terms of cinematics; he said Halo 5 would use the same format as Halo 4. This means a prologue and epilogue done by blur while all cinematics done throughout the campaign will be in engine.

> 2533274809796455;6:
> If I remember correctly Frank O’Conner stated when asked if Halo 5 will be like h2a or Halo 4 in terms of cinematics; he said Halo 5 would use the same format as Halo 4. This means a prologue and epilogue done by blur while all cinematics done throughout the campaign will be in engine.

Blur didn’t do the Halo 4 cutscenes

> 2533274883849234;7:
> > 2533274809796455;6:
> > If I remember correctly Frank O’Conner stated when asked if Halo 5 will be like h2a or Halo 4 in terms of cinematics; he said Halo 5 would use the same format as Halo 4. This means a prologue and epilogue done by blur while all cinematics done throughout the campaign will be in engine.
>
>
> Blur didn’t do the Halo 4 cutscenes

My bad they did the scanned trailer for halo 4

I prefer In-Engine cutscene for new games (they are more immersive).

(CGI is better for remakes, if 343 will update Halo 3 on MCC for its 10nth anniversary in 2017 I hope cutscenes will be in CGI)