Halo 5 changes and updates coming soon

According to Bravo, we’re going to receive a blog post from Josh Holmes about the changes and updates from the beta. As well as some MCC updates on fixes.

Here’s the link to Bravo’s post.

UPDATE
Josh Holmes said the blog post will come sometime next week. He confirmed this on Twitter and said it was being edited due to how long it is. This isn’t due to cutting out unimportant stuff but most likely due to character count. If it’s over 7500 characters then I’m excited what’s in this post.

After spending an hour on their first survey (which is the only one I got, for some reason), there better be some good news for me.

> 2533274973373704;2:
> After spending an hour on their first survey (which is the only one I got, for some reason), there better be some good news for me.

I signed up for it and haven’t got one yet. Maybe they haven’t made another yet.

> 2533274973373704;2:
> After spending an hour on their first survey (which is the only one I got, for some reason), there better be some good news for me.

> 2533274889350043;3:
> > 2533274973373704;2:
> > After spending an hour on their first survey (which is the only one I got, for some reason), there better be some good news for me.
>
>
> I signed up for it and haven’t got one yet. Maybe they haven’t made another yet.

been waiting for mine as well one was released sometime last week which as far as i know was the second one.

I honestly think it’s too soon.

> 2533274929479318;5:
> I honestly think it’s too soon.

I assume it’s about changes made so far. The process is definitely not finished already.

lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase

> 2533274795515722;7:
> lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase

I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.

> 2533274881534340;8:
> > 2533274795515722;7:
> > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
>
>
> I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.

heres a solution to sprint… increase base player speed by 10 or 15%
ground pound straight up has no place in halo it breaks the triangle… grenades melee and guns.
ads… do i need to explain why classic zoom did its job and did not need fixing and ads takes too much of the screen.
clambering takes all skill away from a nub who cannot crouch jump or grenade jump. they can just jump and the spartan grabs the ledge.
thrusters… do not need it and breaks the flow of combat

> 2533274795515722;7:
> lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase

The silly thing is there is no such thing as a “real halo fan.” It’s just a trashy phrase kids use to either start something or as filler because the base argument or point lacks actual information.

To the general topic of the thread though. I really hope people aren’t thinking that because several people complained on the forums about SA’s that they would get removed. Or really hoping for anything along those lines. I don’t care how early the beta was. They aren’t going to radically change it.

At most I can see the head shot multipliers on auto’s being removed. Maybe some kill times extended. Or tying a cool down on general abilities so you can’t chain them so easily.

> 2535422112705145;10:
> > 2533274795515722;7:
> > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
>
>
>
>
> The silly thing is there is no such thing as a “real halo fan.” It’s just a trashy phrase kids use to either start something or as filler because the base argument or point lacks actual information.
>
> To the general topic of the thread though. I really hope people aren’t thinking that because several people complained on the forums about SA’s that they would get removed. Or really hoping for anything along those lines. I don’t care how early the beta was. They aren’t going to radically change it.
>
> At most I can see the head shot multipliers on auto’s being removed. Maybe some kill times extended. Or tying a cool down on general abilities so you can’t chain them so easily.

there is such a thing. i have owned every halo game since the og release of the games. so i have a big base of experience from halo 1 (pc and xbox) halo 2 (og xbox) halo 3,odst,reach(even halo wars), i stopped playing halo 4 after 6 months. so the people who claim to be fans when they started on halo 4 or late into halo 3s life.(even the newly adopted fans from cod) dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to educated opinions about the series as a whole.

> 2533274795515722;11:
> > 2535422112705145;10:
> > > 2533274795515722;7:
> > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > The silly thing is there is no such thing as a “real halo fan.” It’s just a trashy phrase kids use to either start something or as filler because the base argument or point lacks actual information.
> >
> > To the general topic of the thread though. I really hope people aren’t thinking that because several people complained on the forums about SA’s that they would get removed. Or really hoping for anything along those lines. I don’t care how early the beta was. They aren’t going to radically change it.
> >
> > At most I can see the head shot multipliers on auto’s being removed. Maybe some kill times extended. Or tying a cool down on general abilities so you can’t chain them so easily.
>
>
> there is such a thing. i have owned every halo game since the og release of the games. so i have a big base of experience from halo 1 (pc and xbox) halo 2 (og xbox) halo 3,odst,reach(even halo wars), i stopped playing halo 4 after 6 months. so the people who claim to be fans when they started on halo 4 or late into halo 3s life.(even the newly adopted fans from cod) dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to educated opinions about the series as a whole.

Again, no. All that means is you have more experience. That doesn’t dictate who is and who is not a fan. Being a fan of something means you like that thing. Nothing more.
Everyone’s opinion matters regardless of how much or how little they have played. Validity arguments like these have no place in an actual debate. In short if you like something and care enough about it to debate your opinion with someone else you have a right to speak and you are a fan. All your knowledge says is you know more about something. It doesn’t give you the ability to invalidate anyone else’s opinion.

> 2533274795515722;11:
> > 2535422112705145;10:
> > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > The silly thing is there is no such thing as a “real halo fan.” It’s just a trashy phrase kids use to either start something or as filler because the base argument or point lacks actual information.
> >
> > To the general topic of the thread though. I really hope people aren’t thinking that because several people complained on the forums about SA’s that they would get removed. Or really hoping for anything along those lines. I don’t care how early the beta was. They aren’t going to radically change it.
> >
> > At most I can see the head shot multipliers on auto’s being removed. Maybe some kill times extended. Or tying a cool down on general abilities so you can’t chain them so easily.
>
>
>
> there is such a thing. i have owned every halo game since the og release of the games. so i have a big base of experience from halo 1 (pc and xbox) halo 2 (og xbox) halo 3,odst,reach(even halo wars), i stopped playing halo 4 after 6 months. so the people who claim to be fans when they started on halo 4 or late into halo 3s life.(even the newly adopted fans from cod) dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to educated opinions about the series as a whole.

The series as a hole is nothing you seem to understand. Halo is also 14 books, of which you seem to have 0 knowledge. You can call yourself expert of the MP, which is a very limited part of what the hole halo series is.
Everybody who defines himself a halo fan should be considered as able of having an opinion, even if they were too young to play CE at the time. Stop talking about cod, halo fans who haven’t played halo 2 aren’t cod fans… And people who like halo 5 aren’t halo 4 lovers. I for example don’t agree with the “purist” community, but didn’t appreciate a lot halo 4’s multiplayer (and especially campaign) style.

trust me, cod fanboys don’t write on waypoint.

> 2533274795515722;9:
> > 2533274881534340;8:
> >
> >
> >
> > I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.
>
>
> heres a solution to sprint… increase base player speed by 10 or 15%
> ground pound straight up has no place in halo it breaks the triangle… grenades melee and guns.
> ads… do i need to explain why classic zoom did its job and did not need fixing and ads takes too much of the screen.
> clambering takes all skill away from a nub who cannot crouch jump or grenade jump. they can just jump and the spartan grabs the ledge.
> thrusters… do not need it and breaks the flow of combat

1. Sprint doesn’t break the flow of combat. It’s offensive and defensive like it should be. It has pros and cons to it. Also you don’t have to use it.
  2. No it doesn’t. An aerial melee that is an extreme risk doesn’t break the triangle where melee is included. It you see coming you can get shots in and dodge it.
  3. Zoom is zoom. An animation isn’t game breaking.
  4. Who cares? “Noobs don’t know how to do skill jumps! Don’t give them stuff to do it for them!” There are new kinds of skill jumps where you have to chain jump and thruster.
  5. Thrusters do not break flow of combat. If flow of combat is strafing a dude to see who lands better shots, then that’s a stupid definition. If you’re good, you can counter thruster movements with thruster movements of your own.

> 2533274889350043;14:
> > 2533274795515722;9:
> > > 2533274881534340;8:
> > > > 2533274795515722;7:
> > > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.
> >
> >
> >
> > heres a solution to sprint… increase base player speed by 10 or 15%
> > ground pound straight up has no place in halo it breaks the triangle… grenades melee and guns.
> > ads… do i need to explain why classic zoom did its job and did not need fixing and ads takes too much of the screen.
> > clambering takes all skill away from a nub who cannot crouch jump or grenade jump. they can just jump and the spartan grabs the ledge.
> > thrusters… do not need it and breaks the flow of combat
>
>
> 1. Sprint doesn’t break the flow of combat. It’s offensive and defensive like it should be. It has pros and cons to it. Also you don’t have to use it.
> 2. No it doesn’t. An aerial melee that is an extreme risk doesn’t break the triangle where melee is included. It you see coming you can get shots in and dodge it.
> 3. Zoom is zoom. An animation isn’t game breaking.
> 4. Who cares? “Noobs don’t know how to do skill jumps! Don’t give them stuff to do it for them!” There are new kinds of skill jumps where you have to chain jump and thruster.
> 5. Thrusters do not break flow of combat. If flow of combat is strafing a dude to see who lands better shots, then that’s a stupid definition. If you’re good, you can counter thruster movements with thruster movements of your own.

1. There are many problems with Sprint. I have posted it somewhere else (it’s not extremely detailed, but it gets the point across). Here it is:

Take this example into consideration: Two people are going 1 on 1, and it’s a completely open map. Nobody has a gun, and you can only melee. Now, if one guy runs away and is chased, both people are sprinting, and the distance never decreases. Same with if they are not sprinting.

Now, take into account that there is geometry on pretty much every map. If a person is getting shot, they can sprint away. When you chase them, YOU CAN’T SHOOT THEM. You run the risk of getting killed by that guy’s teammate when you did nothing wrong.

In addition, Sprint ruins maps. It stretches them out and doesn’t allow for compact maps with good designs.

Finally, you should be able to fire your weapon as much as possible.

Increasing the walking speed to 125% and making jumping higher would fix almost all of Halo 5’s problems, as it would allow 343i to nerf the SMG and grenades. The only problem left would be Smart Link/Scope, for which I also have an argument saying why it is bad.

Sprint in Reach was described as a burst of speed to surprise your enemy. Now, the Thruster Pack accomplishes this. THERE IS ZERO REASON TO HAVE SPRINT IN HALO. IT WORKS IN CALL OF DUTY BECAUSE THE KILL TIMES BEING SO LOW IN THAT GAME.

1. Now, GP could work out, but it is currently broken. You can simply release the crouch button after .5 seconds and pull off a GP in a quarter of the time. Needs to be fixed.

2. Smart Link has problems. First, it takes up too much of the screen on weapons like the DMR and Magnum. Second, it is on all weapons, effectively ruining the SMG, AR, and ESPECIALLY the Energy Sword and Shotgun. Finally, it DECREASES SPREAD DRASTICALLY for automatic weapons. I would like it to function EXACTLY like classic zoom, and I would also like the option to get the old view for zoom back.

3. Jumps and thrusters aren’t really “skillful” but whatever. I like the Thruster Pack.

4. Agree. Thrusters are awesome.

I want to believe that there is a chance for meaningful changes, but 343’s track record doesn’t let me.

I imagine there will be a whole bunch of small tweaks, but nothing that fundamentally changes how Halo 5 plays.

> 2533274903234962;15:
> > 2533274889350043;14:
> > > 2533274795515722;9:
> > > > 2533274881534340;8:
> > > > > 2533274795515722;7:
> > > > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > heres a solution to sprint… increase base player speed by 10 or 15%
> > > ground pound straight up has no place in halo it breaks the triangle… grenades melee and guns.
> > > ads… do i need to explain why classic zoom did its job and did not need fixing and ads takes too much of the screen.
> > > clambering takes all skill away from a nub who cannot crouch jump or grenade jump. they can just jump and the spartan grabs the ledge.
> > > thrusters… do not need it and breaks the flow of combat
> >
> >
> >
> > 1. Sprint doesn’t break the flow of combat. It’s offensive and defensive like it should be. It has pros and cons to it. Also you don’t have to use it.
> > 2. No it doesn’t. An aerial melee that is an extreme risk doesn’t break the triangle where melee is included. It you see coming you can get shots in and dodge it.
> > 3. Zoom is zoom. An animation isn’t game breaking.
> > 4. Who cares? “Noobs don’t know how to do skill jumps! Don’t give them stuff to do it for them!” There are new kinds of skill jumps where you have to chain jump and thruster.
> > 5. Thrusters do not break flow of combat. If flow of combat is strafing a dude to see who lands better shots, then that’s a stupid definition. If you’re good, you can counter thruster movements with thruster movements of your own.
>
>
> 1. There are many problems with Sprint. I have posted it somewhere else (it’s not extremely detailed, but it gets the point across). Here it is:
>
> Take this example into consideration: Two people are going 1 on 1, and it’s a completely open map. Nobody has a gun, and you can only melee. Now, if one guy runs away and is chased, both people are sprinting, and the distance never decreases. Same with if they are not sprinting.
>
> Now, take into account that there is geometry on pretty much every map. If a person is getting shot, they can sprint away. When you chase them, YOU CAN’T SHOOT THEM. You run the risk of getting killed by that guy’s teammate when you did nothing wrong.
>
> In addition, Sprint ruins maps. It stretches them out and doesn’t allow for compact maps with good designs.
>
> Finally, you should be able to fire your weapon as much as possible.
>
> Increasing the walking speed to 125% and making jumping higher would fix almost all of Halo 5’s problems, as it would allow 343i to nerf the SMG and grenades. The only problem left would be Smart Link/Scope, for which I also have an argument saying why it is bad.
>
> Sprint in Reach was described as a burst of speed to surprise your enemy. Now, the Thruster Pack accomplishes this. THERE IS ZERO REASON TO HAVE SPRINT IN HALO. IT WORKS IN CALL OF DUTY BECAUSE THE KILL TIMES BEING SO LOW IN THAT GAME.
>
> 2. Now, GP could work out, but it is currently broken. You can simply release the crouch button after .5 seconds and pull off a GP in a quarter of the time. Needs to be fixed.
>
> 3. Smart Link has problems. First, it takes up too much of the screen on weapons like the DMR and Magnum. Second, it is on all weapons, effectively ruining the SMG, AR, and ESPECIALLY the Energy Sword and Shotgun. Finally, it DECREASES SPREAD DRASTICALLY for automatic weapons. I would like it to function EXACTLY like classic zoom, and I would also like the option to get the old view for zoom back.
>
> 4. Jumps and thrusters aren’t really “skillful” but whatever. I like the Thruster Pack.
>
> 5. Agree. Thrusters are awesome.

You’re argument is extremely hypothetical. The chase argument was made for this hypothetical situation. That situation would never happen even if they were shooting neither of them could sprint away because if they get hit before terminal velocity activates then he can’t run away. Sprint doesn’t ruin maps. Truth, Empire, Regret and Trench are really compact and tight in certain areas. The animation argument saying it takes up too much screen is not really an issue. You’re gonna see players if zoomed in so there’s no reason for it to go away.

> 2533274889350043;17:
> > 2533274903234962;15:
> > > 2533274889350043;14:
> > > > 2533274795515722;9:
> > > > > 2533274881534340;8:
> > > > > > 2533274795515722;7:
> > > > > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I hope this is not the case… There aren’t only purists and cod fanboys, your vision of this community is much restricted.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > heres a solution to sprint… increase base player speed by 10 or 15%
> > > > ground pound straight up has no place in halo it breaks the triangle… grenades melee and guns.
> > > > ads… do i need to explain why classic zoom did its job and did not need fixing and ads takes too much of the screen.
> > > > clambering takes all skill away from a nub who cannot crouch jump or grenade jump. they can just jump and the spartan grabs the ledge.
> > > > thrusters… do not need it and breaks the flow of combat
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > 1. Sprint doesn’t break the flow of combat. It’s offensive and defensive like it should be. It has pros and cons to it. Also you don’t have to use it.
> > > 2. No it doesn’t. An aerial melee that is an extreme risk doesn’t break the triangle where melee is included. It you see coming you can get shots in and dodge it.
> > > 3. Zoom is zoom. An animation isn’t game breaking.
> > > 4. Who cares? “Noobs don’t know how to do skill jumps! Don’t give them stuff to do it for them!” There are new kinds of skill jumps where you have to chain jump and thruster.
> > > 5. Thrusters do not break flow of combat. If flow of combat is strafing a dude to see who lands better shots, then that’s a stupid definition. If you’re good, you can counter thruster movements with thruster movements of your own.
> >
> >
> >
> > 1. There are many problems with Sprint. I have posted it somewhere else (it’s not extremely detailed, but it gets the point across). Here it is:
> >
> > Take this example into consideration: Two people are going 1 on 1, and it’s a completely open map. Nobody has a gun, and you can only melee. Now, if one guy runs away and is chased, both people are sprinting, and the distance never decreases. Same with if they are not sprinting.
> >
> > Now, take into account that there is geometry on pretty much every map. If a person is getting shot, they can sprint away. When you chase them, YOU CAN’T SHOOT THEM. You run the risk of getting killed by that guy’s teammate when you did nothing wrong.
> >
> > In addition, Sprint ruins maps. It stretches them out and doesn’t allow for compact maps with good designs.
> >
> > Finally, you should be able to fire your weapon as much as possible.
> >
> > Increasing the walking speed to 125% and making jumping higher would fix almost all of Halo 5’s problems, as it would allow 343i to nerf the SMG and grenades. The only problem left would be Smart Link/Scope, for which I also have an argument saying why it is bad.
> >
> > Sprint in Reach was described as a burst of speed to surprise your enemy. Now, the Thruster Pack accomplishes this. THERE IS ZERO REASON TO HAVE SPRINT IN HALO. IT WORKS IN CALL OF DUTY BECAUSE THE KILL TIMES BEING SO LOW IN THAT GAME.
> >
> > 2. Now, GP could work out, but it is currently broken. You can simply release the crouch button after .5 seconds and pull off a GP in a quarter of the time. Needs to be fixed.
> >
> > 3. Smart Link has problems. First, it takes up too much of the screen on weapons like the DMR and Magnum. Second, it is on all weapons, effectively ruining the SMG, AR, and ESPECIALLY the Energy Sword and Shotgun. Finally, it DECREASES SPREAD DRASTICALLY for automatic weapons. I would like it to function EXACTLY like classic zoom, and I would also like the option to get the old view for zoom back.
> >
> > 4. Jumps and thrusters aren’t really “skillful” but whatever. I like the Thruster Pack.
> >
> > 5. Agree. Thrusters are awesome.
>
>
> You’re argument is extremely hypothetical. The chase argument was made for this hypothetical situation. That situation would never happen even if they were shooting neither of them could sprint away because if they get hit before terminal velocity activates then he can’t run away. Sprint doesn’t ruin maps. Truth, Empire, Regret and Trench are really compact and tight in certain areas. The animation argument saying it takes up too much screen is not really an issue. You’re gonna see players if zoomed in so there’s no reason for it to go away.

Yes, the animation may not be as big an issue, but my other argument against Smart Link is.

> 2533274889350043;1:
> UPDATE
> Josh Holmes said the blog post will come sometime next week. He confirmed this on Twitter and said it was being edited due to how long it is. This isn’t due to cutting out unimportant stuff but most likely due to character count. If it’s over 7500 characters then I’m excited what’s in this post.

Does it take a whole weak to edit a post? Why not post it in the blog section, instead? No characters limit there.

> 2533274881534340;13:
> > 2533274795515722;11:
> > > 2535422112705145;10:
> > > > 2533274795515722;7:
> > > > lets see if they listened to the purist REAL halo fans over the cod kid money… and cod playerbase
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > The silly thing is there is no such thing as a “real halo fan.” It’s just a trashy phrase kids use to either start something or as filler because the base argument or point lacks actual information.
> > >
> > > To the general topic of the thread though. I really hope people aren’t thinking that because several people complained on the forums about SA’s that they would get removed. Or really hoping for anything along those lines. I don’t care how early the beta was. They aren’t going to radically change it.
> > >
> > > At most I can see the head shot multipliers on auto’s being removed. Maybe some kill times extended. Or tying a cool down on general abilities so you can’t chain them so easily.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > there is such a thing. i have owned every halo game since the og release of the games. so i have a big base of experience from halo 1 (pc and xbox) halo 2 (og xbox) halo 3,odst,reach(even halo wars), i stopped playing halo 4 after 6 months. so the people who claim to be fans when they started on halo 4 or late into halo 3s life.(even the newly adopted fans from cod) dont have a leg to stand on when it comes to educated opinions about the series as a whole.
>
>
> The series as a hole is nothing you seem to understand. Halo is also 14 books, of which you seem to have 0 knowledge. You can call yourself expert of the MP, which is a very limited part of what the hole halo series is.
> Everybody who defines himself a halo fan should be considered as able of having an opinion, even if they were too young to play CE at the time. Stop talking about cod, halo fans who haven’t played halo 2 aren’t cod fans… And people who like halo 5 aren’t halo 4 lovers. I for example don’t agree with the “purist” community, but didn’t appreciate a lot halo 4’s multiplayer (and especially campaign) style.
>
> trust me, cod fanboys don’t write on waypoint.

Defend load outs when halo was made on equal weapon starts… And not built on sprint.