Halo 5 can't save during Co op campaign

It says “saving… Failed” every time I reach a check point. Even if I do it manually it will still fail. I looked at the fourms on here and I’m not the only one with this issue. Any help would. Any help would be appreciated as I already did a hard reset on my console and cleared it’s cache. I have an Xbox one X if that’s important

I as well am not able to save game on coop online I have an xbox one X and he has an xbox S. Everytime were playing it says checkpoint saving…failed.

Having the same issues, and its only co op campaign. My solo loads fine. Any chance this will be fixed?

Does it break campaign? Like if you have to revert to checkpoint from dying it restarts? This would be a non-issue for most people because missions take like 20-30 minutes at absolute tops so saving mid-mission really shouldn’t be a bother.

yes, it isnt keeping track of where we stopped. Even if we finish a mission totally it still has the one that was last saved, several weeks ago. It doesnt save at all through play either. It always says Saving…Failed. Same result with a manual play. Were trying to beat the game on each level, are in Heroic now so its pretty annoying to have to restart everytime we die bc it doesnt even save checkpoints.

Doing the exact same for me

As some one who just picked up the game and is trying to play campaign, I am having the same issue. No progress in co-op campaign saves from the get go. I have never played the camapign before so there is nothing to load from.

Same problem for my son and i. Im on the xbox one x using my segate ssd drive and he is on the xbox one s using internal hard drive. Literally are our last saved game says 397 days ago as its been over a year since we played due to being busy. If we progress the new mission/level/stage that we get to never gets saved so we can’t progress at all. A real bummer.

Because the issue seems to be split up between a few threads, just for some consistency, when I originally posted, I included some tests and other info to make sure it wasn’t just myself having the issue:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/unable-to-load-or-save-coop-campaign/ddd81837-7998-407f-a81f-8ec876ad3c74/posts?page=1#post11

I’ve gone ahead and posted to my Xbox activity feed calling for any one else who is having the issue to please come post in the forums, as well as on Twitter. I’m hoping with enough discussion, we could possibly get a response.

Same problem here. Impossible to save our campain game in coop.

> 2533274805060228;9:
> Because the issue seems to be split up between a few threads, just for some consistency, when I originally posted, I included some tests and other info to make sure it wasn’t just myself having the issue:
>
> https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/unable-to-load-or-save-coop-campaign/ddd81837-7998-407f-a81f-8ec876ad3c74/posts?page=1#post11
>
> I’ve gone ahead and posted to my Xbox activity feed calling for any one else who is having the issue to please come post in the forums, as well as on Twitter. I’m hoping with enough discussion, we could possibly get a response.

The fact that we are having this problem warrants a response shoot, i personally think its cloud saves thats messing it up. Just what i think though, due to me deleting game saves from everywhere and my 397 days ago save keeps popping up!

> 2535460629787217;11:
> > 2533274805060228;9:
> > Because the issue seems to be split up between a few threads, just for some consistency, when I originally posted, I included some tests and other info to make sure it wasn’t just myself having the issue:
> >
> > https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/unable-to-load-or-save-coop-campaign/ddd81837-7998-407f-a81f-8ec876ad3c74/posts?page=1#post11
> >
> > I’ve gone ahead and posted to my Xbox activity feed calling for any one else who is having the issue to please come post in the forums, as well as on Twitter. I’m hoping with enough discussion, we could possibly get a response.
>
> The fact that we are having this problem warrants a response shoot, i personally think its cloud saves thats messing it up. Just what i think though, due to me deleting game saves from everywhere and my 397 days ago save keeps popping up!

Honestly, the last two Xbox updates were a bit screwy with networking. I noticed the one before last was crashing my UPnP daemon, this recent update fixed that. I didn’t get Halo 5 until earlier this week, so I have no idea the difference between the two updates and the saving issue, except for when the posts started happening here in the forums. But you’re totally right, either way, some kind of response from even a CM would be fantastic, just so we know the issue has been seen. I don’t expect a fix immediately, but at least to know are we looking at a Halo 5 issue, or is this squarly on the Xbox team.

Hey OP, 343 is looking into this right now. You can track this thread for updates:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/unable-to-load-save-coop-campaign-343-response/ddd81837-7998-407f-a81f-8ec876ad3c74/posts