Halo 5 campaign

Hi. Who here likes this games campaign?
i didn’t like it a much as I did with the others. Becuase what you did was switch back from each group.
I liked the old halo campaigns where you played as just master cheif.
sprint and Spartan charge are a little over powered in the game. For example, you just sprint then Spartan charge another Spartan in the back and he dies.
but back to the campaign, I also don’t like how you can switch seats in a warthog. It makes it easy to drive or shoot. Witch in my opinion is over power if your soloing a mission. Leave your thought!

I liked the gameplay, but the story could have been better.

I disliked the story. hopefully they can save halo 6.

I just re-watched a few of the old Hunt the Truth ads. I’m actually a little upset about how blatantly misleading they are. I think 343i really oughtta tell us what went wrong in development, that they had to liquefy the story like they did.

It was underwhelming tbh. Here’s hoping H6 can recoup

Describe Halo 5’s campaign with a word.

> 2533274991067213;4:
> I just re-watched a few of the old Hunt the Truth ads. I’m actually a little upset about how blatantly misleading they are. I think 343i really oughtta tell us what went wrong in development, that they had to liquefy the story like they did.

What I think happened was the guy they chose to be the lead writer either couldn’t or didn’t pull off a good enough script/story… they read it and it was so bad they just said screw it we can’t go this direction… whip up something quick and bam we have the script and story of H5… which I still say it gets more hate than it deserves… sure it’s not the best direction for the franchise but I do think it’s better than trying to paint chief as a villain for no apparent reason. While the script was bad the environments and mission were fun imo… Sanghelios was awesome and very well done… the swords of Sanghelios mission is one of my favorites in all of Halo.

> 2535456165221911;6:
> Describe Halo 5’s campaign with a word.

Underwhelming.

I’m not personally a fan of this whole “Created” storyline. It feels rushed and forced. What purpose does Cortana serve as the main antagonist that Warden Eternal couldn’t on his own? Cortana dying at the end of Halo 4 rounded off that campaign nicely and gave us a “How will Chief manage” Scenario that brought forth Blue Team into the Halo games with Halo 5.

Bringing Cortana back (as the bad guy no less) actually hindered the story more than it helped it. My opinion of course.

The campaign was good, but the story was just… average.

The campaign in halo 5 is so bad, the worst part is the whole stupid my armor is locked and I need help to get back up, what were they thinking. I’d rather have the quick death instead oh I can just run out there and I’ll be back up to fight some more. That was ridiculous. If I die I’d rather it be quick than drawn out.

I found it fun to play and I played it quite a few time for achievements, but the story could’ve been better. Either way I still find it a lot of fun.

> 2535412103730855;1:
> Hi. Who here likes this games campaign?
> i didn’t like it a much as I did with the others. Becuase what you did was switch back from each group.
> I liked the old halo campaigns where you played as just master cheif.
> sprint and Spartan charge are a little over powered in the game. For example, you just sprint then Spartan charge another Spartan in the back and he dies.
> but back to the campaign, I also don’t like how you can switch seats in a warthog. It makes it easy to drive or shoot. Witch in my opinion is over power if your soloing a mission. Leave your thought!

HAHAHAHAH.
Good one.

You must be new, because you clearly didn’t play Halo 2… where… you know… you played as ARBITER and switched back from Chief to him.

Gameplay was great but rarely used the whole sandbox’s potential. I’m talking massive battlegrounds with a huge array of weapons and vehicles that allow for interesting and dynamic scenarios. Swords of Sanghelious was the pick of the bunch with a great variety of environments and encounters but there there weren’t any of Halo’s famous protracted battles that bombard you with waves and waves of enemies, forcing you to adapt and survive. Just like Halo 4’s Campaign, it was all ultimately linear and static.

The Revive mechanic is dumb and slows the game down to a crawl, especially when you factor in the horrible team AI. I know for a fact that navmeshes and AI behaviors are a nightmare to work on but the Spartan teams were just terrible. I tried a mission after the update that supposedly improved their pathfinding and still found my trusty companions utterly stupefied at how to navigate around a waist-high rock.

The team chatter is pretty cool but it is so damn constant while you are in heated combat that I found it frustrating and distracting. I would like to see it relegated to the small sections between battles if that’s ok because it was just a constant stream of dialogue that I didn’t want to miss but was too busy fighting to enjoy.

The Kraken was cool until you landed on it and had to “fight” the 5 occupants of the single biggest weapon the Covenant had left. I expected to have to fight tooth and nail to get to that core but I was met with the same amount of resistance that you get when you fart around a family member (displeased looks and half-hearted slaps).

Then there was the dramatic departure from the story that Halo 5’s marketing team and head designers promised.

I enjoyed Halo 5’s Campaign, the music is easily my favorite out of the whole franchise but the story and gameplay wasn’t what I expected.

I only critique because this franchise is very dear to me. I want Halo 6 to knock my damn socks off.

> 2533274991067213;4:
> I just re-watched a few of the old Hunt the Truth ads. I’m actually a little upset about how blatantly misleading they are. I think 343i really oughtta tell us what went wrong in development, that they had to liquefy the story like they did.

Even though the final story is nowhere near what was advertised, that was not the worst part of the campaign, imo. The worst part is the fact that you play as someone other than the Masterchief and you only get to play 3 missions as the Masterchief.

great campaign wish it had more story though

It’s pretty bad.

• Warden is re-used way too much and isn’t really that interesting to fight. Then every time you cross him they just throw in an extra one.

• 3 of the missions are just walking around and gathering intel.

• At various points multiple missions in a row use the same aesthetics.

• You only play as MC for 3 of the missions, the rest are as super-bland Locke. I know MC isn’t exactly the most fleshed out character in the world either but did we need a 2nd, even more bland character to play as?

• The Kraken fight falls completely flat. Getting Keyes off the Truth and Reconciliation was harder and that was just some random covenant cruiser.

• The reviving / AI system in general has lots of problems.

And this is just personal preference, but I really don’t like the promethean designs. Everything is just floaty metal loosely connected by magic.

The story was embarrassingly bad and has possibly hindered Halo 6’s story, also every character sucked balls

I was skeptical about switching seats in the warthog but after a while I actually think it’s a great addition to the game.

As fof the campaign, the story was yes, not so good.

> 2533274818037759;15:
> It’s pretty bad.
>
> - Warden is re-used way too much and isn’t really that interesting to fight. Then every time you cross him they just throw in an extra one.
>
> - 3 of the missions are just walking around and gathering intel.
>
> - At various points multiple missions in a row use the same aesthetics.
>
> - You only play as MC for 3 of the missions, the rest are as super-bland Locke. I know MC isn’t exactly the most fleshed out character in the world either but did we need a 2nd, even more bland character to play as?
>
> - The Kraken fight falls completely flat. Getting Keyes off the Truth and Reconciliation was harder and that was just some random covenant cruiser.
>
> - The reviving / AI system in general has lots of problems.
>
> And this is just personal preference, but I really don’t like the promethean designs. Everything is just floaty metal loosely connected by magic.

343 intentionally made the Storm faction to act like bumbling buffoons so that we would be glad Jul Mdama is dead.

> 2535456165221911;6:
> Describe Halo 5’s campaign with a word.

embarrassing

> 2535414369351666;18:
> > 2533274818037759;15:
> > It’s pretty bad.
> >
> > - Warden is re-used way too much and isn’t really that interesting to fight. Then every time you cross him they just throw in an extra one.
> >
> > - 3 of the missions are just walking around and gathering intel.
> >
> > - At various points multiple missions in a row use the same aesthetics.
> >
> > - You only play as MC for 3 of the missions, the rest are as super-bland Locke. I know MC isn’t exactly the most fleshed out character in the world either but did we need a 2nd, even more bland character to play as?
> >
> > - The Kraken fight falls completely flat. Getting Keyes off the Truth and Reconciliation was harder and that was just some random covenant cruiser.
> >
> > - The reviving / AI system in general has lots of problems.
> >
> > And this is just personal preference, but I really don’t like the promethean designs. Everything is just floaty metal loosely connected by magic.
>
>
> 343 intentionally made the Storm faction to act like bumbling buffoons so that we would be glad Jul Mdama is dead.

i agree, the whole reason halo was halo was because of master chief becoming a super soldier.