Halo 5 campaign

As i’m sure many people have already posted on here, and i’m really late to the party, I just want to have a sort of consensus in the community. I’m fairly certain we can all agree that halo 5’s campaign wasn’t great. I have loved halo since I was a kid, and contrary to a lot of halo fans, I was really happy when 343i decided to start creating the game again. Halo 4 was absolutely brilliant. The campaign was the first one where they pulled you in, and made you really understand that master chief wasn’t just a blank slate of a character. He was a human being with emotions, who has been continually hurt, time and time again, throughout his years of service.
I’m actually a huge dork for the extended universe, and i’ve read pretty much all the lore I can get my hands on, yet even I had trouble keeping up with halo 5. All the new characters that were shoved down your throat, with zero exposition into who they were and why they were there. I love all the characters in the original halo games, because even though master chief was a super soldier without emotion, his cast wasn’t. In halo 4 I thought 343i did the best job at making me really feel for the game. I actually almost bawled when cortana died. The climatic end was, without a doubt, the best one in halo history. THATS RIGHT! You heard me, Better than the original trilogy. So with halo 5 the plot idea was actually a great one, but they needed to get us more involved with the characters. When you add as many characters, to a cast that over time has had a relatively small circle since it’s creation, you need to bring those characters to life for the gamer. Use your cutscenes to invest us in the characters. Blue team wouldn’t have just gone with john because he had a “vision” of cortana. They probably would have thought he was crazy, and tried to get him to go back to infinity. And why, after john’s vision, did everyone just accept that cortana was alive. Did hasley know something we didn’t, or did they all just accept that a grief stricken man’s vision was factual. There’s a lot more, and I could go on and on, but I really didn’t come here just to bash the campaign. I want 343i to go back to the halo 4 style of storytelling. I know that halo 4 didn’t do great in sales, and I truly feel that it was one of the best halo’s so far. I know you had to put a lot of time and effort into getting the multiplayer right this time, but it seems as though you (aka 343i) really dropped the ball on a game series best known for it’s amazing campaign. With all the new characters and plot points, this should have been the longest campaign so far. I don’t know if microsoft rushed the process, or you simply thought this was “good enough”, but I can say that if another halo comes out this way it will definitely be putting a final nail in a game series that I really, truly love. So mostly i’m writing this to say, please try a lot harder with halo 6’s campaign, you’ve set yourself up for huge climatic arguments between the chief and cortana over what’s right and wrong. There are plenty of chances to make blue team more of a team. You can explore their personalities in gameplay, and cutscenes. Give your character’s better dialogue and more of it please. You have an incredible group of voice actors at your disposal, use the crap out of them. In conclusion let me say that I still have a lot of faith in 343i to deliver a great halo game. Please, I know i’m just another voice of a random person saying that “you don messed up”, but I really want you to succeed so that the halo name and game can live on.

As i’m sure many people have already posted on here, and i’m really late to the party, I just want to have a sort of consensus in the community.

I’m fairly certain we can all agree that halo 5’s campaign wasn’t great. I have loved halo since I was a kid, and contrary to a lot of halo fans, I was really happy when 343i decided to start creating the game again. Halo 4 was absolutely brilliant. The campaign was the first one where they pulled you in, and made you really understand that master chief wasn’t just a blank slate of a character. He was a human being with emotions, who has been continually hurt, time and time again, throughout his years of service.

I’m actually a huge dork for the extended universe, and i’ve read pretty much all the lore I can get my hands on, yet even I had trouble keeping up with halo 5. All the new characters that were shoved down your throat, with zero exposition into who they were and why they were there.

I love all the characters in the original halo games, because even though master chief was a super soldier without emotion, his cast wasn’t. In halo 4 I thought 343i did the best job at making me really feel for the game. I actually almost bawled when cortana died. The climatic end was, without a doubt, the best one in halo history. THATS RIGHT! You heard me, Better than the original trilogy. So with halo 5 the plot idea was actually a great one, but they needed to get us more involved with the characters. When you add as many characters, to a cast that over time has had a relatively small circle since it’s creation, you need to bring those characters to life for the gamer.

Use your cutscenes to invest us in the characters. Blue team wouldn’t have just gone with john because he had a “vision” of cortana. They probably would have thought he was crazy, and tried to get him to go back to infinity. And why, after john’s vision, did everyone just accept that cortana was alive. Did hasley know something we didn’t, or did they all just accept that a grief stricken man’s vision was factual. There’s a lot more, and I could go on and on, but I really didn’t come here just to bash the campaign.

I want 343i to go back to the halo 4 style of storytelling. I know that halo 4 didn’t do great in sales, and I truly feel that it was one of the best halo’s so far. I know you had to put a lot of time and effort into getting the multiplayer right this time, but it seems as though you (aka 343i) really dropped the ball on a game series best known for it’s amazing campaign. With all the new characters and plot points, this should have been the longest campaign so far. I don’t know if microsoft rushed the process, or you simply thought this was “good enough”, but I can say that if another halo comes out this way it will definitely be putting a final nail in a game series that I really, truly love.

So mostly i’m writing this to say, please try a lot harder with halo 6’s campaign, you’ve set yourself up for huge climatic arguments between the chief and cortana over what’s right and wrong. There are plenty of chances to make blue team more of a team. You can explore their personalities in gameplay, and cutscenes. Give your character’s better dialogue and more of it please. You have an incredible group of voice actors at your disposal, use the crap out of them.

In conclusion let me say that I still have a lot of faith in 343i to deliver a great halo game. Please, I know i’m just another voice of a random person saying that “you don messed up”, but I really want you to succeed so that the halo name and game can live on.

Edited version of the OP. :relaxed:

IMO, the H5 wasn’t too bad, but I’d have liked it to have “followed on” better from where Halo 4 left off.

I’d have preferred Cortana to have stayed “dead”, for example.

Halo 5’s Campaign has awful story lines.

Yeah H5 could have had a great story but direction and writing ended up dooming it. It was still good by fps standards though (state of the industry in a nutshell)

> 2533274870717152;2:
>
> As i’m sure many people have already posted on here, and i’m really late to the party, I just want to have a sort of consensus in the community.
>
> I’m fairly certain we can all agree that halo 5’s campaign wasn’t great. I have loved halo since I was a kid, and contrary to a lot of halo fans, I was really happy when 343i decided to start creating the game again. Halo 4 was absolutely brilliant. The campaign was the first one where they pulled you in, and made you really understand that master chief wasn’t just a blank slate of a character. He was a human being with emotions, who has been continually hurt, time and time again, throughout his years of service.
>
> I’m actually a huge dork for the extended universe, and i’ve read pretty much all the lore I can get my hands on, yet even I had trouble keeping up with halo 5. All the new characters that were shoved down your throat, with zero exposition into who they were and why they were there.
>
> I love all the characters in the original halo games, because even though master chief was a super soldier without emotion, his cast wasn’t. In halo 4 I thought 343i did the best job at making me really feel for the game. I actually almost bawled when cortana died. The climatic end was, without a doubt, the best one in halo history. THATS RIGHT! You heard me, Better than the original trilogy. So with halo 5 the plot idea was actually a great one, but they needed to get us more involved with the characters. When you add as many characters, to a cast that over time has had a relatively small circle since it’s creation, you need to bring those characters to life for the gamer.
>
> Use your cutscenes to invest us in the characters. Blue team wouldn’t have just gone with john because he had a “vision” of cortana. They probably would have thought he was crazy, and tried to get him to go back to infinity. And why, after john’s vision, did everyone just accept that cortana was alive. Did hasley know something we didn’t, or did they all just accept that a grief stricken man’s vision was factual. There’s a lot more, and I could go on and on, but I really didn’t come here just to bash the campaign.
>
> I want 343i to go back to the halo 4 style of storytelling. I know that halo 4 didn’t do great in sales, and I truly feel that it was one of the best halo’s so far. I know you had to put a lot of time and effort into getting the multiplayer right this time, but it seems as though you (aka 343i) really dropped the ball on a game series best known for it’s amazing campaign. With all the new characters and plot points, this should have been the longest campaign so far. I don’t know if microsoft rushed the process, or you simply thought this was “good enough”, but I can say that if another halo comes out this way it will definitely be putting a final nail in a game series that I really, truly love.
>
> So mostly i’m writing this to say, please try a lot harder with halo 6’s campaign, you’ve set yourself up for huge climatic arguments between the chief and cortana over what’s right and wrong. There are plenty of chances to make blue team more of a team. You can explore their personalities in gameplay, and cutscenes. Give your character’s better dialogue and more of it please. You have an incredible group of voice actors at your disposal, use the crap out of them.
>
> In conclusion let me say that I still have a lot of faith in 343i to deliver a great halo game. Please, I know i’m just another voice of a random person saying that “you don messed up”, but I really want you to succeed so that the halo name and game can live on.
>

>
> Edited version of the OP. :relaxed:
>
> IMO, the H5 wasn’t too bad, but I’d have liked it to have “followed on” better from where Halo 4 left off.
>
> I’d have preferred Cortana to have stayed “dead”, for example.

Yeah, they could make her return work out if they use her new standing in the universe well and HW2 could set up some very nice plots points, so there’s hope for Halo 6 to step up to the expectations H3 and H4 left us.

> 2535469028311767;1:
> As i’m sure many people have already posted on here, and i’m really late to the party, I just want to have a sort of consensus in the community. I’m fairly certain we can all agree that halo 5’s campaign wasn’t great. I have loved halo since I was a kid, and contrary to a lot of halo fans, I was really happy when 343i decided to start creating the game again. Halo 4 was absolutely brilliant. The campaign was the first one where they pulled you in, and made you really understand that master chief wasn’t just a blank slate of a character. He was a human being with emotions, who has been continually hurt, time and time again, throughout his years of service.
> I’m actually a huge dork for the extended universe, and i’ve read pretty much all the lore I can get my hands on, yet even I had trouble keeping up with halo 5. All the new characters that were shoved down your throat, with zero exposition into who they were and why they were there. I love all the characters in the original halo games, because even though master chief was a super soldier without emotion, his cast wasn’t. In halo 4 I thought 343i did the best job at making me really feel for the game. I actually almost bawled when cortana died. The climatic end was, without a doubt, the best one in halo history. THATS RIGHT! You heard me, Better than the original trilogy. So with halo 5 the plot idea was actually a great one, but they needed to get us more involved with the characters. When you add as many characters, to a cast that over time has had a relatively small circle since it’s creation, you need to bring those characters to life for the gamer. Use your cutscenes to invest us in the characters. Blue team wouldn’t have just gone with john because he had a “vision” of cortana. They probably would have thought he was crazy, and tried to get him to go back to infinity. And why, after john’s vision, did everyone just accept that cortana was alive. Did hasley know something we didn’t, or did they all just accept that a grief stricken man’s vision was factual. There’s a lot more, and I could go on and on, but I really didn’t come here just to bash the campaign. I want 343i to go back to the halo 4 style of storytelling. I know that halo 4 didn’t do great in sales, and I truly feel that it was one of the best halo’s so far. I know you had to put a lot of time and effort into getting the multiplayer right this time, but it seems as though you (aka 343i) really dropped the ball on a game series best known for it’s amazing campaign. With all the new characters and plot points, this should have been the longest campaign so far. I don’t know if microsoft rushed the process, or you simply thought this was “good enough”, but I can say that if another halo comes out this way it will definitely be putting a final nail in a game series that I really, truly love. So mostly i’m writing this to say, please try a lot harder with halo 6’s campaign, you’ve set yourself up for huge climatic arguments between the chief and cortana over what’s right and wrong. There are plenty of chances to make blue team more of a team. You can explore their personalities in gameplay, and cutscenes. Give your character’s better dialogue and more of it please. You have an incredible group of voice actors at your disposal, use the crap out of them. In conclusion let me say that I still have a lot of faith in 343i to deliver a great halo game. Please, I know i’m just another voice of a random person saying that “you don messed up”, but I really want you to succeed so that the halo name and game can live on.

i thought halo 4 was ok but i hated the aesthetics and its no where near as memorable or replayable as bungies, i think we can all agree with that, 10 fold.

We want a bettet canpaing for Halo 6

> 2533274936843840;7:
> We want a bettet canpaing for Halo 6

Not only the story was bad but so was the level desing

343 made my favourite Halo with Halo 4 and followed it up with my least favourite Halo with Halo 5.

The storyline is certainly not the strongest and the characters don’t really develop over the cause of the 15 missions. I did enjoy some of the missions though, I liked Blue Team and I also enjoyed Swords of Sanghelios. Here’s hoping 6 has a great story that matches up to 4s which I actually quite enjoyed, especially how personal it was.

Halo 5’s story was a narrative disaster. It completely destroyed anything 343i accomplished with the Halo 4 campaign… I really think they should go back and completely re-write Halo 5’s story; give us the campaign we were promised in the Hunt the Truth ads, develop the characters of Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris better, let Cortana stay dead, and let us play as Blue Team as often as Fireteam Osiris.

I have high hopes fro halo 6, even if they changed stuff late in development for halo 5, halo 6 should be well planed.

> 2533274936843840;8:
> > 2533274936843840;7:
> > We want a bettet canpaing for Halo 6
>
> Not only the story was bad but so was the level desing

Yeah level design seemed pretty boring with the exception of The Swords of Sanghelios mission that one was fun to play around on.