Halo 5 Campaign Story - Didn't Like? No worries...

In just another 3 years, we’ll finally get the rest of Halo 5’s story LOL
Many complained about Halo 5’s story. I say, “what story?” There’s absolutely no story. Just some errands to find a group of people and an AI…with no information given on either thing. That’s not a story. I don’t call Fetch Quests in an MMO, or RPG “a story.” Halo 5 was essentially a big teaser trailer for “Halo 5 - Actual,” when it comes in the next few years…but it will be called “Halo 6.” Confused? So am I.

The Halo series, as much as I love it and care for it, has essentially become COD. It’s software that proves that nobody pays attention to, nor cares about a good story anymore, just shooting other people in the face. Pretty soon, people will be buying the series of games just for the updated multiplayer…and the story will devolved into a package similar to Titan Fall.

Try playing Destiny, now that game LITERALLY had no story.

At least Halo 5 makes sense to an extent.

> 2728966917079826;2:
> Try playing Destiny, now that game LITERALLY had no story.
>
> At least Halo 5 makes sense to an extent.

At least Destiny had a reason. Their main writer left the project to work for another company in the middle of the project. LOL
But yes…good point. That’s another title that essentially proved that point. True.

I think halo 5 story felt like only half a story. I also am not fond of the direction that the story is going. I would love a story closely based on the fall of reach and first strike book. It would also be fun for them to go back and redo the original trilogy with the new movements and mechanics.
Either way the story in halo 5 was pathetic. Also bungies game had a pitiful excuse for a “story”

The Halo 5 story and campaign was so awful it almost takes the enjoyment out of 1 thru 4 (and Reach/ ODST)… Bringing Cortana back to life after her perfect goodbye, and illogically turning her into some philosopher queen protagonist? So Sad, didn’t stay true. Cheapens the sacrifices 117, Johnson and Noble team made.

The multiplayer is good fun, but the campaign and story side of Halo is on life support.

The story wasn’t that bad. A questionable ending, yes, but the story isn’t the worst ever. I think that it just has pacing issues.

> 2533274792195095;3:
> > 2728966917079826;2:
> > Try playing Destiny, now that game LITERALLY had no story.
> >
> > At least Halo 5 makes sense to an extent.
>
>
> At least Destiny had a reason. Their main writer left the project to work for another company in the middle of the project. LOL
> But yes…good point. That’s another title that essentially proved that point. True.

Actually they rejected the main story, saying it was too linear. And told him to start over, so then he left.
But either way, we weren’t getting that epic story.

Liked. Could have used a little more emotional impact, and the commercials should have been more accurate, but I still enjoyed it, and like Locke.

Too bad the original actor didn’t get to do the dialogue. Would be cool if they were to get him to come back in, and do the voice i.e. Nolan North over Peter Dinklage in Destiny, and then patch it in. I liked the guy that did the dialogue, but would like to see the actor do another Halo game, and short series like Nightfall again.

the story is undoubtedly terrible
it’s so so bad guys, it’s no up for debate

you know why it isn’t up for debate? because when 4 grown men (me and my friends all about 30 yrs old) all play through the campaign and look at each other once each mission and say “does anybody know wtf is going on in this game?” and nobody had a clue, not one of us knows what is going on or what we are doing in this game other than shooting aliens,and we have all played every single halo game and consider ourselves big fans

this game…has an awful story, it’s bad and 343i should feel bad

that being said, the gameplay is 10/10 and I’m really enjoying the total package here, even if it’s a bit bare bones atm
9/10 for me for this game overall

@trufflepig LOL well I know what you mean. There were times in the campaign where I did not know why I was at this planet or looking for this item, etc… but at least the ride was fun!

I thought adding in a boss-like character like Warden Eternal was a great addition to the gameplay, however it would have been nice if they allowed him to take on different forms… that way we are not fighting carbon copies of the same boss every 20 minutes

Overall I thought the campaign was fun though

> 2808047981948072;9:
> the story is undoubtedly terrible
> it’s so so bad guys, it’s no up for debate
>
> you know why it isn’t up for debate? because when 4 grown men (me and my friends all about 30 yrs old) all play through the campaign and look at each other once each mission and say “does anybody know wtf is going on in this game?” and nobody had a clue, not one of us knows what is going on or what we are doing in this game other than shooting aliens,and we have all played every single halo game and consider ourselves big fans
>
> this game…has an awful story, it’s bad and 343i should feel bad
>
> that being said, the gameplay is 10/10 and I’m really enjoying the total package here, even if it’s a bit bare bones atm
> 9/10 for me for this game overall

Yes I am in that age bracket with you my friend. It seems, once the story actually starting to give you something to go off of, it ended before it delivered any sort of knowledge to you about what this whole thing has been about. So, essentially, we wait what? 3 years to finally find out what Halo 5 was trying to tell us? I still want to know how, when and where Chief found Blue Team again. Why Halsey, in the opening sequence, is telling Locke “you are going to receive orders to kill ‘us’.” This game expounded on nothing. I know nothing more than what I knew before going in to play it. I took absolutely nothing from this story…and I love Master Chief! And I even like Locke.

But you also make another good point. The game does feel rather “bare bones.” Why would this game ship with none of the popular features that came standard on all Halo titles past?
No Forge(yes, I know…it comes later…but why?)
No Big Team Battle(yes, I know…it’s here now…but why?)
Firefight
Spartan Ops
Infected
Oddball
Campaign scoring and commendations.

Why is all this stuff stripped? Will it be remarketed later? Sad to say, I would pay to have those things back…so maybe that’s what they’re doing and taking a queue from Destiny. I use Destiny as a comparison because it shipped a barebones game and with a fragment of a story, and if you wanted to know more of that story and some of the locations that were already on your disk, you had to buy expansions.

> 2533274792195095;1:
> In just another 3 years, we’ll finally get the rest of Halo 5’s story LOL
> Many complained about Halo 5’s story. I say, “what story?” There’s absolutely no story. Just some errands to find a group of people and an AI…with no information given on either thing. That’s not a story. I don’t call Fetch Quests in an MMO, or RPG “a story.” Halo 5 was essentially a big teaser trailer for “Halo 5 - Actual,” when it comes in the next few years…but it will be called “Halo 6.” Confused? So am I.
>
> The Halo series, as much as I love it and care for it, has essentially become COD. It’s software that proves that nobody pays attention to, nor cares about a good story anymore, just shooting other people in the face. Pretty soon, people will be buying the series of games just for the updated multiplayer…and the story will devolved into a package similar to Titan Fall.

I am still waiting for Halo 5 to show up with a campaign starring master chief. Isn’t Guardians a spin-off?

Am I alone in remembering the thrill I used to get from these games? I remember the first time I heard the word “Covenant” all evil and powerful, sent a chill down my 14 year old spine. “Prometheans” really doesn’t do it for me you know? There was a grand sense of being the underdog in the first 2 Halo games, kinda there in 3. Now 343 has humans at the top mostly, not really the same if you get my drift…

A lot of weird gaps in the campaign. Halo CE to Halo 2 had a weird gap too but at least it was told. Halo 4 to 5 eh? It still doesn’t explain how Dr Halsey already knew the existence of cortana in the forerunner domain. In the very beginning of the campaign, it showed Catherine Halsey going to her ONI research lab and taking a Cortana model, but she appeared to have her left arm so it was before Halo 4 and a picture of Miranda Keyes, most likely a memory of her so its after Halo 3. BUT WHY. WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF IT??? Did Catherine Halsey implanted Cortana into the Domain??? She even said Locke’s name… So she knew of him. And Halsey even said that she is waiting for HER to make another transmission… Are there two cortana models right now???

Check the Intel, or look it up if you haven’t collected it yet, it explains in a very roundabout way that a lot of people didn’t figure out…

to me the issue with the story was that we as the player had no impact on the universe, in every halo we did something that mattered
In halo 5 if you removed all the characters we played as the story wouldve ended the same way

I guess Halo 6’s storyline will be like Halo 5’s. Like “what the heck is going on?” I shouldn’t have to read or watch other stuff in order to understand the main story.