halo 5 bullet magnetism

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7d35a045a41062a6&id=7D35A045A41062A6!964&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AD3qmqFnTyEbssk

Halo 5 bullet magnetism needs to be neutered/

Agreed. Hitboxes and bullet magnetism are awful.

My guess is the hitboxes are so large, and the magnetism is so high, because the aim assist is so awful. Its basically a massive sensitvity drop the moment your reticle gets near someone. The reticle gets heavy, sluggish, and often feels completely stuck. The aim assist is the antithesis of aim assist, it actually rejects player input from arriving the reticle on-target. The reticle gets so heavy, that people way over compensate for it being stuck, peg the joystick, and in turn over aim. So, the aim assist in this game has made it pretty much impossible to naturally line up shots. 343 had to balloon the size of the hitbox just to make the game playable.

Aim assist needs to be completely reworked. It should function like a subtle gravity-well, gently assisting player input toward a target, and a sensitivity drop should not occur until you are actually ON target. Then, hitboxes can be made to an appropriate size, and bullet magnetism should be at a minimum.

The fundamental core of any FPS is the process of aiming and shooting, and right now, Halo 5’s core is abysmal. The process of aiming and shooting in Halo 5 is neither engaging or rewarding.

Right now, everything said about bullet magnetism and other aim assisting mechanics is conjecture and based on personal experience. As someone who hasn’t been able to even touch the Halo 5 beta I’m frustrated by it because while I believe the people complaining to the extent that aiming is easy, no one has been able to give hard evidence that A) bullet magnetism is making aiming easier B) aim assist is not the main reason for it C) hit boxes aren’t exactly the size of the player model as they have always been in Halo.

I’m not expecting proper tests until Halo 5 is released and we get custom games where tests are easy to carry out. But if you think aiming is easier, I think it’s better to have that as the only conclusion unless you have actual evidence to show what’s causing aiming to be easier. I’ve seen too many posts making ridiculous assumptions about bullet magnetism and especially hit boxes.

watch the video… Its obvious with how -Yoinked!- up it is
Notwithstanding, I thought that the beta was great, but the bullet magnetism and the strafing speed(useless to even strafe) are my two biggest gripes with the game.
I am not a hater of the game by any means.

Is balance for spartans sprinting and thrusting… I agree OP BM and hitboxes Africa size are awful but changes have consecuences.

> 2533274825830455;3:
> Right now, everything said about bullet magnetism and other aim assisting mechanics is conjecture and based on personal experience. As someone who hasn’t been able to even touch the Halo 5 beta I’m frustrated by it because while I believe the people complaining to the extent that aiming is easy, no one has been able to give hard evidence that A) bullet magnetism is making aiming easier B) aim assist is not the main reason for it C) hit boxes aren’t exactly the size of the player model as they have always been in Halo.
>
> I’m not expecting proper tests until Halo 5 is released and we get custom games where tests are easy to carry out. But if you think aiming is easier, I think it’s better to have that as the only conclusion unless you have actual evidence to show what’s causing aiming to be easier. I’ve seen too many posts making ridiculous assumptions about bullet magnetism and especially hit boxes.

For my experience with the Beta and having been with Titanfall since day 1, what players experience is netcode issues, not too much magnetism, tether or oversized hitboxes. Netcode is compensating for proximity differences, not the magnetism and tether upped beyond Halo2 levels.

I can also tell you I had to lower the sensitivity down to 5 so I could maintain a proper hold of my reticle where I wanted it. The acceleration and friction mechanics were such that it felt much looser than previous Halo games where I use 7 or greater for a diverse playstyle. The problem I encountered was that I felt like I was dragging my reticle in short ranged and closer fights but was able to maintain an above decent hit accuracy on mid range and farther targets.

Ask Wulf and Blitz, we were rocking a few games together and we noticed quite a few times we seemed to be extremely weak and/or shot in amazing ways… And our opponents were bullet sponges. Then there were games where it was like “Hey, he couldn’t down me in half an SMG mag near point blank, we got the advantage!!!” And then we tromp the competition :wink:

It is very true we should not use local and single instances scattered throughout a beta as proof of what is suspected. Had that been an AFC target where the reticle was shown to not be red and/or not touching the target as hitscan reticles should… Things might be different. But as is what we could be seeing is a moving reticle shot hit an opponent over dedicated servers because according to the server, the target was actually standing where the screen shows.
If the players are far enough way from each other, “parity” checks to see if an opponent was hit could be greatly skewed because to keep the game flowing, proximity to the data centre may accept a “faulty” hit because it checked out sooner to someone else than the player hitting… And of course this could be a bug or a trade-window timing thing.

It was a beta after all :slight_smile:

> 2533274926138965;4:
> watch the video… Its obvious with how -Yoinked!- up it is

The quality of the video is terrible due to compression, I can barely even see the kill. Then taking into account player motion and lag, any in-match video is worthless. You need at least something like this to show the amount of bullet magnetism. Something where there are no external variables skewing what you see.

You have to keep re-buffering the video a couple of times for decent quality. I do not understand why the quality is soooooo -Yoink-.

> 2533274825830455;3:
> Right now, everything said about bullet magnetism and other aim assisting mechanics is conjecture and based on personal experience. As someone who hasn’t been able to even touch the Halo 5 beta I’m frustrated by it because while I believe the people complaining to the extent that aiming is easy, no one has been able to give hard evidence that A) bullet magnetism is making aiming easier B) aim assist is not the main reason for it C) hit boxes aren’t exactly the size of the player model as they have always been in Halo.
>
> I’m not expecting proper tests until Halo 5 is released and we get custom games where tests are easy to carry out. But if you think aiming is easier, I think it’s better to have that as the only conclusion unless you have actual evidence to show what’s causing aiming to be easier. I’ve seen too many posts making ridiculous assumptions about bullet magnetism and especially hit boxes.

in my time with the beta I never noticed bullet magnification, hitboxes seem a bit big but then again it was a beta, if you wanna see game breaking bullet magnetization go play halo 4 on the 360, and tell me halo 5 is worse. Seriously guys bullet magnetization wasn’t noticeable in the beta at all

> 2533274926138965;1:
> https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=7d35a045a41062a6&id=7D35A045A41062A6!964&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AD3qmqFnTyEbssk
>
> Halo 5 bullet magnetism needs to be neutered/

that wasn’t bullet magnetization, you got him in the knee, YOU OBVIOUSLY got him in the knee, at most that was just an example of a big hitbox and nothing else, that beta played better than halo 4 at its peak