halo 5 BR vs halo 2 BR

is there a reason to use the halo 2 br over the normal halo5 br, in arena it seems about the same and ive done a lot of testing in custom games (and maybe im just missing something) but it seems like there is no game play difference other then that the halo 2 br spaces its bullets out more and has slightly less kick. am i missing something here? and please no wild accusations without proof. on top of that is it worth using in warzone. it seems like using the halo 5 br with all its variants is much more beneficial

They’re probably the same but I just love the Scope and sound of the H2 BR. It feels like home…

There are plenty of gameplay differences.

H2BR strips shields in 11 bullets, the H5BR in 10.
The H2BR swaps and reloads just a smidge quicker.
The H2BR has MUCH less recoil kick, so the vertical spread on the burst is greatly reduced.
The H2BR has MORE bullet magnetism influence.

… Both are x2 scopes, same unscoped and scoped red reticle ranges, and take 2 bursts+1 melee to kill.

> 2603643534597848;3:
> There are plenty of gameplay differences.
>
> H2BR strips shields in 11 bullets, the H5BR in 10.
> The H2BR swaps and reloads just a smidge quicker.
> The H2BR has MUCH less recoil kick, so the vertical spread on the burst is greatly reduced.
> The H2BR has MORE bullet magnetism influence.
>
> … Both are x2 scopes, same unscoped and scoped red reticle ranges, and take 2 bursts+1 melee to kill.

Well that was super informative, 10/10 Bullets.

Also you dont have to lead your shots with the H2BR you have to with halo 5 BR

> 2603643534597848;3:
> There are plenty of gameplay differences.
>
> H2BR strips shields in 11 bullets, the H5BR in 10.
> The H2BR swaps and reloads just a smidge quicker.
> The H2BR has MUCH less recoil kick, so the vertical spread on the burst is greatly reduced.
> The H2BR has MORE bullet magnetism influence.
>
> … Both are x2 scopes, same unscoped and scoped red reticle ranges, and take 2 bursts+1 melee to kill.

How did you conclude the 11 bullets vs 10 part?
Also the magnetism?

I’m genuinely curious as I didn’t find those obvious just from watching :smiley:

> 2690096563135647;2:
> They’re probably the same but I just love the Scope and sound of the H2 BR. It feels like home…

idk if they are the same because i play way better with the H2 BR

ALWAYS feel free to question science. Science should never be afraid of the answers :smiley:

> 2533274804912545;6:
> How did you conclude the 11 bullets vs 10 part?

You can move the video frame by frame and see a “dead” Spartan takes 1 more bullet from the H5BR while the last bullet of the H2BR gets the kill.

> Also the magnetism?

If you don’t see the the H2BR being closer to the Spartan than maybe this will show the hit/miss you wish to see.

> 2794644411637632;5:
> Also you dont have to lead your shots with the H2BR you have to with halo 5 BR

Don’t have to lead with either, both are hitscan and on the game netcode. The original H2BR needed leading online but not over LAN due to netcode. “Technically” we don’t need to lead with these dedicated servers… Technically.

but even with these SMALL changes is it worth giving up one of the halo 5 battle rifle?

that reticle though…H2BR is amazing!

> 2533274868076726;9:
> but even with these SMALL changes is it worth giving up one of the halo 5 battle rifle?

Nearly everyone that uses it notices “they game better” because they’re not small changes individually, and especially in combination.

> 2603643534597848;8:
> > 2533274804912545;6:
> > How did you conclude the 11 bullets vs 10 part?
>
>
> You can move the video frame by frame and see a “dead” Spartan takes 1 more bullet from the H5BR while the last bullet of the H2BR gets the kill.
>
>
> > Also the magnetism?
>
>
> If you don’t see the the H2BR being closer to the Spartan than maybe this will show the hit/miss you wish to see.
>
>
>
>
> > 2794644411637632;5:
> > Also you dont have to lead your shots with the H2BR you have to with halo 5 BR
>
>
> Don’t have to lead with either, both are hitscan and on the game netcode. The original H2BR needed leading online but not over LAN due to netcode. “Technically” we don’t need to lead with these dedicated servers… Technically.

Nice! Thanks!

> 2690096563135647;2:
> They’re probably the same but I just love the Scope and sound of the H2 BR. It feels like home…

> 2533274868076726;1:
> is there a reason to use the halo 2 br over the normal halo5 br, in arena it seems about the same and ive done a lot of testing in custom games (and maybe im just missing something) but it seems like there is no game play difference other then that the halo 2 br spaces its bullets out more and has slightly less kick. am i missing something here? and please no wild accusations without proof. on top of that is it worth using in warzone. it seems like using the halo 5 br with all its variants is much more beneficial

343i said the H5 BR has a slightly faster kill time, but H2 BR does feel cool

> 2533274843592408;13:
> 343i said the H5 BR has a slightly faster kill time, but H2 BR does feel cool

The H5 can be said to have the best “quickest” but H2’s is the best average. The H2BR is like a swipe-scanning DMR thanks to less spread but also because of spread, plus the extra magnetism.

As seen in the one video, the timing difference between a bullet is nothing compared to missing a burst. AND the trade-window won’t care between both hitting perfectly.

Halo 2 BR all day. The nostalgic is unreal

Basically, the h5 br has a slightly faster kill time but the h2 br has much higher magnetism making it so generous that it’s almost difficult to miss. I only play arena and the only map it’s on is that terrible power weapon riddled Riptide map, so that’s where my direct comparison takes place as it has both the h5 br and the h2 br, on a map that size with so many narrow walkways it’s difficult to miss with either but that h2 br can damn near shoot a around a corner.

Tldr
H5 faster kill time
H2 easier to use

> 2533274868076726;1:
> is there a reason to use the halo 2 br over the normal halo5 br, in arena it seems about the same and ive done a lot of testing in custom games (and maybe im just missing something) but it seems like there is no game play difference other then that the halo 2 br spaces its bullets out more and has slightly less kick. am i missing something here? and please no wild accusations without proof. on top of that is it worth using in warzone. it seems like using the halo 5 br with all its variants is much more beneficial

well ive seen videos about it and it seems to have more damage when you use melee and the bullets… well like per say you put the target next to them you can hit the with one bullet but not all 3 and ive herd its pretty accurat

what does recruit iron mean

Just got mine today!

> 2535405681017305;18:
> what does recruit iron mean

Rank for how many times you’ve posted on the forums…