Halo 5: Blue Team (PvE spin-off idea!)

Two things I want in Halo 5; more Campaign (with a better story), and a proper Firefight mode. So, instead of messing around with Warzone Firefight or Campaign DLC, why not give us a Campaign and Firefight focused spin-off a la Halo 3: ODST?

It would be called Halo 5: Blue Team. You would get 10 new Campaign missions where you play as Master Chief and the other members of Blue Team; like Halo 3: ODST, you would alternate between playing as the Chief and the other members of Blue Team in each mission. I don’t have the story all thought out, but I’d like for a more coherent and gripping story the likes of Halo 4’s campaign told through the perspectives of John, Fred, Linda, and Kelly.

The story should also be set on a Halo ring; I’m thinking Installation 03, or another ring that has yet to be explored in Halo canon. You know, we haven’t set foot on an actual Halo ring in Campaign since Halo 3? Halo 3: ODST took us back to New Mombasa, Halo: Reach of course had us fighting on Reach, then we visited Requiem in Halo 4, and got to explore Meridian, Genesis, and Sangheilios in Halo 5. Maybe it’s time we returned to the locale that gave the series it’s name.

Then, there would be Firefight 3.0; it would combine the aspects of previous iterations of Firefight- the challenging survival aspect of Halo 3: ODST, and the wealth of customization options from Halo: Reach. Like in ODST, you would play as characters you unlock by completing missions in the Campaign; unlockable characters would include members of Blue Team, Fireteam Osiris, and Fireteam Majestic.

Obviously Master Chief, Fred, Kelly, Linda, Locke, Buck, Vale, Tanaka, and Commander Palmer would be included in the roster, along with DeMarco, Madsen, Grant, Hoya, and Thorne. Each character would be unlocked through achievements- no REQ points, no micro-transactions- and character customization would be just as it was in Halo 3: ODST. Choose armor colors, emblems, and toggle character helmets on and off on every character except the Master Chief, whose helmet would not be removable for obvious reasons.

Firefight would have a Loadout system similar to Halo: Spartan Strike- choose your Primary and Secondary weapons from any of the various weapons in Halo 5, including REQ weapons from Warzone (which you would purchase using Credits earned by simply playing the game; again, NO MICRO-TRANSACTIONS!!!). In addition to custom Firefight games, there would be 4 Firefight playlists:

First would be Firefight Survival. A ranked Firefight playlist unlimited rounds, skull progression, no time limit, and a limited number of lives shared between players. No matchmaking for this playlist; you can either play solo or invite up to 3 friends. Compete against the rest of the Halo community for the highest possible score on Heroic difficulty.

Then, there would be Legendary Survival. Basically Firefight Survival on Legendary difficulty. Once again, no matchmaking; either go it alone or invite your friends. Prove yourself the ultimate champion of Firefight.

There would be casual Firefight playlists as well, starting with Arcadefight. This would be just as Arcadefight is in Halo: Reach, with matchmaking, unlimited lives, unlimited ammo, and varied gametypes from classic Arcadefight to Sniperfight and Rocketfight.

Finally, there would be Score Attack. Single-player Firefight modes that last a single round. All the classics would return from Reach; normal Score Attack, 2x Score Attack with double the power and double the fun, FRG Attack, Rocket Attack, Sniper Attack, and of course Gruntpocalypse would all be in there.

What do you think? Should 343i make it happen? I’m dying for a proper rendition of Firefight, and I’m also peeved that we spent most of the Campaign playing as Fireteam Osiris instead of Blue Team.

Yeah sounds good to me but then again what was the fall of reach for? Both animated and book version

Sounds fun. I’d like it.

Its funny how people are suggesting a spin off featuring Master Chief, at this point you know 343 screwed up haha.

> 2535413364534857;4:
> Its funny how people are suggesting a spin off featuring Master Chief, at this point you know 343 screwed up haha.

Well, we’ve seen Chief’s antics in all of the previous games (Minus Wars, Reach, the mobile games and ODST.) but I feel Halo 5 was the only numbered Halo game of where Chief isn’t the center of the spotlight, Osiris was.

> 2535469600463812;2:
> Yeah sounds good to me but then again what was the fall of reach for? Both animated and book version

I’d rather see it squarely in the game. I had a lot of hope that we’d see more of Blue Team in Halo 5, but in the end we only had 3 missions where we played as Master Chief and Blue Team.

DeMarco is dead. Thorne isn’t with Majestic anymore. so why bring them up again when only Thorne was made a “bigger” character?

Regardless of my opinion fact is that Halo universe is bigger than just Chief.

I love this!

> 2533274971171822;7:
> DeMarco is dead. Thorne isn’t with Majestic anymore. so why bring them up again when only Thorne was made a “bigger” character?
>
> Regardless of my opinion fact is that Halo universe is bigger than just Chief.

So what? It’s not like what happens in Firefight is considered canon. I might have dressed Buck in pink armor when I played Halo 3: ODST’s Firefight, but I think it’s a safe bet that Buck never wore pink armor in Halo canon.

Late to the boat? You probably are.

Doesn’t sound like a very engaging story from what you wrote down.

> 2533274812652989;11:
> Doesn’t sound like a very engaging story from what you wrote down.

I didn’t put much thought into the story; that’s 343i’s job, and besides which this is just a rough idea that popped into my head. But it could deliver on the two most important things missing from Halo 5- a Campaign with a focus on Master Chief and Blue Team and potentially a better story, plus a proper Firefight mode with offline capability and customization, plus playable characters that are unlocked through achievements rather than grinding RNG and REG points, or giving in to micro-transactions.

At this point I would give anything for a proper Blue Team focused story…

(Headbangs until this is a reality)

> 2533274937933509;5:
> > 2535413364534857;4:
> > Its funny how people are suggesting a spin off featuring Master Chief, at this point you know 343 screwed up haha.
>
>
> Well, we’ve seen Chief’s antics in all of the previous games (Minus Wars, Reach, the mobile games and ODST.) but I feel Halo 5 was the only numbered Halo game of where Chief isn’t the center of the spotlight, Osiris was.

If 343 had advertised Halo 5 a little better then I feel like it would’ve been received by the community in a better light.

so you basically want to copy odst campaign and slap Blue Team in place? that sounds extremely boring. no thanks

> 2533274801679486;16:
> so you basically want to copy odst campaign and slap Blue Team in place? that sounds extremely boring. no thanks

It’s a rough idea. I mostly wanted to convey my idea for implementing Firefight 3.0 in a Blue Team focused spin-off, I didn’t have an idea for a new story all thought out when I posted this.