Halo 5 beta

I think Halo 5 needs a beta. Halo Reach did and it turned out fine. If 343i could get some valuable feedback from the people who buy the game, the fans (that’s us, guys) then maybe Halo 4 wouldn’t have been as bad as some people say. Halo 4 was a fantastic game, I really liked the campaign. But i’m not sure how much effect the weapon tuning update had in June, or lack of a ranking system until 6 months later. Anyways, that’s a whole different topic. What are your thoughts on a Halo 5 beta?

Halo 5 Beta would be welcomed with open arms by the fans, but as it is on another console generation game, it maybe problematic for Xbox 360 users who don’t own a Xbox one, as it may not run on Xbox 360 mechanics.

Anyway how about this as an idea about who should get a code? 343 Industries hosts another Halo 4 global championship but the catch is it is only promotional and non-profitable (hold on let me finish). It offers the top ten or top five winners of each weeks contests, a code that allows access to participate in the Halo 5 Beta for the following month. Giving 343 Industries the top-ranked 20 or 40 players of matchmaking testing the next generation game each month. Thus tweaking it how it should be. The winners after using their code or any Halo 5 Beta Code on their gamer tag cannot participate in the global championship anymore, thus sharing around the beta codes for other players.

Beta Timetable:
- July - Global Beta Championships Starts, No Beta
- August - Second Round of Global Championship, First Beta Access
- September - Third Round of Global Championship, Second Beta Access, First Beta Patchs
- October - Fourth Round of Global Championship, Third Beta Access, Second Beta Patchs
- November - Beta Closed, Third Beta and Final Patching before release.*
What do you think?

I like the idea of only allowing limited access to a certain amount of people, and only the elite ones at that. A beta, is needed, though. But the topic of what platform it would be on is tricky, as the Xbox One would be a year old [if the next Halo game is released in November], and not the majority of fans will get the Xbox on November 22.

A beta is definately not going to hurt and will be welcomed in open arms, but 343i KNOWS NOW what to bring to the table. 4 was essentially their “Beta” and now that they got a better grip on this whole thing, 5 and 6 should be legendary.

I’m calling it.

> A beta is definately not going to hurt and will be welcomed in open arms, but 343i KNOWS NOW what to bring to the table. 4 was essentially their “Beta” and now that they got a better grip on this whole thing, 5 and 6 should be legendary.
>
> I’m calling it.

I bet a batch of bacon flavored doughnuts you will be mostly right.
If a beta is implemented, it would save 343i a lot of complaints.

> > A beta is definately not going to hurt and will be welcomed in open arms, but 343i KNOWS NOW what to bring to the table. 4 was essentially their “Beta” and now that they got a better grip on this whole thing, 5 and 6 should be legendary.
> >
> > I’m calling it.
>
> I bet a batch of bacon flavored doughnuts you will be mostly right.
> If a beta is implemented, it would save 343i a lot of complaints.

Mmmmmmmm