Halo 5 Beta - Thoughts on Sprint

Are you liking the sprint feature of Halo 5 Guardians. So far, I’m not that convinced on sprint. I don’t really need to sprint to find players most of the time and the abilities (ground pound, tackle, slide) I rarely use. However, the spartan abilities, like clamber and thrust seem like nice additions to the game. To me sprint has always made the game feel less like classic halo multiplayer. It would be interesting to see H5 without sprint, just to see how it feels. What do you all think?

Sprint is integral to the game. It is about mobility. Which is exactly what it should be about. Halo CE and Halo 2 feel so slow when you play them now. Spartans are meant to be super soldiers… not overweight pensioners waddling towards another piece of cake… which is exactly what classic halo multiplayer feels like by comparison.

I’m pretty sure that Sprint will not be removed, no matter how many people want it to be as the maps have been designed around Sprint and the other movement features.

> 2732317809651779;2:
> Sprint is integral to the game. It is about mobility. Which is exactly what it should be about. Halo CE and Halo 2 feel so slow when you play them now. Spartans are meant to be super soldiers… not overweight pensioners waddling towards another piece of cake… which is exactly what classic halo multiplayer feels like by comparison.

Yes in terms of the lore, spartans should sprint (honestly who cannot sprint), but in terms of gameplay… it doesn’t sit well. I would not mind if sprint was part of the single player campaign, but when it comes to multiplayer, I get an uneasy feeling. I’m also playing on bumper jumper and you have to press A to sprint as well.

I like it in Halo 5. It fits the game great, because it keep s the momentum of the game moving. I have no problems with it whatsoever, and I like the balance 343 added which is when you can’t sprinting and recharging shields. Its one or the other. Overall, I enjoy it.

> 2732317809651779;2:
> Sprint is integral to the game. It is about mobility. Which is exactly what it should be about. Halo CE and Halo 2 feel so slow when you play them now. Spartans are meant to be super soldiers… not overweight pensioners waddling towards another piece of cake… which is exactly what classic halo multiplayer feels like by comparison.

I have played Halo Ce recently and it doesn’t feel slow at all.

Halo 3 does a little, then again everyone always votes for the giant -Yoink- maps like Highground and Last Resort in the 4v4 playlist. Halo 3 is a slow game in general, not because of a lack of sprint but due to the mediocre map design and lowered base speed / killtimes.

> 2533274797074208;3:
> I’m pretty sure that Sprint will not be removed, no matter how many people want it to be as the maps have been designed around Sprint and the other movement features.

The game is built around mechanics like the climbing and sprint so this ^

I don’t mind sprint in its current state. I guess I am in the honeymoon phase though.

Perfect, the no recharge, dash, clamber, etc. 343 really nailed the balance here in my opinion. GG

Well you can’t sprint when getting shot - good
Shields don’t recharge when sprinting - good
there seems to be a delay in the input when trying to sprint - bad.

All in all they made sprint work for this game.

Like it, and the way its setup. No shield regen while sprinting. I do like the old school halo don’t get me wrong but got to evolve the gameplay in some ways. This seems like a healthy compromise and a better option to “abilities”

> 2732317809651779;2:

I’ve always enjoyed sprint versus no sprint. Sprint allows aggressive players to be aggressive. There is a fan base that prefers the old halo and a fan base that prefers Halo 4/5. I really enjoyed Halo 4, and really like this beta minus the constant connection problems.

sprint helped ruin the halo franchise… get rid of it

I think they should actually turn it into a sprint and have like a 5 sec timer on it or reduce the running speed.

Buff Slide, seems less useful when Tackle has the same ability to get you into cover.

Personally, im liking sprint, and the added mobility that comes with it ,the thrusters and clamber, it makes halo feel more fluid and less stiff, which IMO is widely needed. how ever, i think sprint should be debuffed a bit more, by increasing the time it takes for you shields to recharge after sprinting(that bar above the shields). if they do that, or maybe something else. I think sprint would then be great. as it is. its workable, but it can be improved.

:heart: sprint :slight_smile:

I’m not sold on it, it’s still needs to go. It’s cool that they’re trying to balance it, but you can’t. Not be able to recharge shields implies that you’d have to chase your enemy. They could run back to their team and the chaser would then be in a bad position. Also, at far distance of a rifle battle, you can still make it to decently far cover by sprinting. Your opponent is then too far away to catch you around the corner. It’s still unbalanced.
Im debating whether or not the thruster packs share these cons.

I do not like sprint, it adds nothing but a"feeling" of a faster pace and not as well made maps. Let halo be different and remove it. Has 343 ever thought of that, probably but they wont remove it because just like anyone they dont like saying they did something wrong. No matter how many people dislike any part of the gameplay, the chances f removal because of this,EX. Flinch

Im not liking sprint. I Like thrust and clamber but i think thats all that needs to be added. I quit using sprint because i kept getting killed. I seem to have more controle when i dont sprint. Halo 4s sprint was more essential to the gameplay it seems forced here in 5.