Halo 5 beta: it's not bad, but it isn't great.

From my time playing the beta I’ve been having mixed feelings. Fun games and super aggravating ones. Nods of approval and “the f*** is that!?”

I find sprint and the like to actually be balanced now, but the weapon sandbox, at least in the beta on these small maps, isn’t very good. The AR at least needs a range reduction and smart scope definitely increases accuracy which shouldn’t happen, same with the SMG, but at least that’s a pick up.

I’ve also seen people abuse the scope zoom (mash the button) in with the magnum so they never lose precision.

I really want to love this game, but the guns are just too unbalanced and there are people that are abusing the mechanics.

I also don’t really dig CSR integrated into everything. Why overcomplicate the issue? Just have ranked and social playlists like in Halo 3. It worked marvelously.

Come on guys from all I’ve seen is that people either love it or hate it. Surely those who dislike it found things that were alright and those who love it have to see the problems. I loved Halo 4 at first, but then I realized how piss poor the balance was and that was great after the rebalancing.

This game had an hour long honeymoon phase for me. I started out very positive, despite deep down how I felt about what I saw up to this point. Every game makes me dislike it more.

I can’t really think of things that were added that I like, I’m sorry to say. Just things that aren’t bad as I thought they’d be (abilities mostly).

> 2533274913448583;3:
> This game had an hour long honeymoon phase for me. I started out very positive, despite deep down how I felt about what I saw up to this point. Every game makes me dislike it more.
>
> I can’t really think of things that were added that I like, I’m sorry to say. Just things that aren’t bad as I thought they’d be (abilities mostly).

I don’t mind clamber, but I want to see some BTB with this before I go around condemning everything. The small maps just really feel way too small especially with sprint and everything.

I think smart scope shouldn’t be on the AR or the SMG.