Halo 5 Beta according to The Halo Universe

Before you start reading, know that English is not my native language.
So forgive me for my spelling mistakes.
We have all seen the hate / love post in the other sections of the forums about the Beta.
But I’m curious what you guys think. I’m just like you guys, a Halo fan ,cause to the story and the Halo feeling of the games.
I buy the game for the campaign , the multiplayer is in second place for me.
I follow the Halo Universe forum everyday. So just to clarify things , I’m not like the other members of the forums that hate on everything and can’t even have a civilised conversation without insulting each other.

So what do you guys think ? Do you like how it plays ? What about all the changes ; like the weapon designs and sounds ?
How will the campaign play ?

My opinion

• I’d love to have that bouncy feeling back that halo 2 and 3 had when you jumped
    A Spartan in An armor that weighs 1000 lbs just jumping around like Neil Armstrong on the moon. I didn’t care if it was maybe a little inlogical.
    But I like how the game plays- The weapon designs. Hmmmm this is were my that little Halofanboy at the back of my head says : That’s no Rocket Lauchner ! That’s a Knock off!
    ( sneaky star wars reference) I liked the designs how they were , but that’s just me. The rocket lauchner in halo 5 does fire differently than all the other ones.
    And I’m not fond of the new smg design; but it plays well ! The scope of the Dmr looks a little bit weird , or is that just me nitpicking ?
    They’re trying to make the designs more modern with huge amounts of detail. Look at the sniper rifle, it used to be simple slick black designs with no fancy things attached. Battle rifle too.- Weapon sounds. Well I would love to hear the Halo; CE sound of the Assault Rifle on the Halo 5 Assault Rifle. I loved that mighty sound it had !
    This is also the case with the other weapons. I just prefered the original sounds.- I like the Armor abilities , or whatever they call it. Even the smart scope. I never tought it would ever work in halo ! But it does.
    But I think it will make the campaign easier. Mowing down grunts ( like before ) in even less time. I’m curious how it will be.So that’s my opinion. Now it’s your turn .

> A Spartan in An armor that weighs 1000 lbs just jumping around like Neil Armstrong on the moon. I didn’t care if it was maybe a little inlogical.

That weight wouldn’t be noticable to the wearer. The Mjolnir armors enhances the wearers strength, reaction time, mobility, speed, and all around physical performance. It’s an exoskeleton, so the armors weight doesn’t matter.

> The weapon designs. Hmmmm this is were my that little Halofanboy at the back of my head says : That’s no Rocket Lauchner ! That’s a Knock off!
> ( sneaky star wars reference) I liked the designs how they were , but that’s just me. The rocket lauchner in halo 5 does fire differently than all the other ones.
> And I’m not fond of the new smg design; but it plays well ! The scope of the Dmr looks a little bit weird , or is that just me nitpicking ?
> They’re trying to make the designs more modern with huge amounts of detail. Look at the sniper rifle, it used to be simple slick black designs with no fancy things attached. Battle rifle too.

I’m not fond of the new Rocket Launcher, but it’s a more logical weapon design. The SMG design in the other games was very strange. Having the magazine feed from the side and extend back onto a telescopic stock is odd to say the least, but it’s a game, so it wasn’t a redesign that was needed. I originally thought the DMR looked a little odd, but then I noticed the ammo counter was removed. It’s still relatively similar, the scope just sits a little lower. The Sniper Rifle is externally still similar in my opinion to the Reach model, but the different scope, over sized charging handle and color makes it look a lot more different than it really is. It’s still a very simple design though. The Battle Rifle looks more futuristic in my opinion.

> Weapon sounds. Well I would love to hear the Halo; CE sound of the Assault Rifle on the Halo 5 Assault Rifle. I loved that mighty sound it had !
> This is also the case with the other weapons. I just prefered the original sounds.

I personally think Bungie’s sound design was awful. In Halo 3, it’s almost mute.

> I like the Armor abilities , or whatever they call it. Even the smart scope. I never tought it would ever work in halo ! But it does.
> But I think it will make the campaign easier. Mowing down grunts ( like before ) in even less time. I’m curious how it will be.

I don’t think the Smart Scope improves the accuracy that drastically. Weapons like the BR and DMR will work like they’ve always done and the AR will still require you to burst fire at longer ranges. I don’t think it will make a noticable effect on the campaign. If it does, I would be more than happy to have a useable AR on legendary difficulty.

In terms of lore, the Halo 5: Guardians beta gameplay makes me feel like how Spartans should have felt from the beginning. What I like most about 343 is that they take heavy influences from the books and extended lore of Halo. I read on another post that the Master Chief is Halo 4 is the most like the MC we read about in the books… and I agree. Halo 5: Guardians feels like Spartans from the books.

I feel like a supersoldier which is how I want to feel in the multilayer

Ya I like it a lot and how gameplay feels so far, I just need to get warmed up, will wait for game launch lol.