Halo 5 beta 2.0

Studio head for 343 Josh Holmes rcently tweeted this: “There are no plans for another H5 beta.” This is very upsetting to me because I want to know how larger maps and vehicles will work in H5. Plus I know many people did not play the H5 beta when it was out. Personally not having a 2nd beta tells me either they don’t think they can learn anything from the community beta testing the game OR they are not confident a 2nd beta will work well enough to convince people they have everything under control. Well I love Halo too much and have already bought the $250 edition, but I am sure many people out there are on the fence because of the punch to the face known as the MCC. I think if they give us a second beta that is near final stages and it is more like a demo it would be great because at that point they would have a very functional game which would show the community the game works, and it would also build up hype for the game. It’s not like Microsoft has a lot of exclusives anyways, they need to make everyone want this game. Please comment with useful comments, perhaps reasons why you do or do not think they should have a 2nd beta. Please keep it civil and have thought out comments.

If the beta shows no symptoms off MCCitus, then I will be buying.

> 2533274931637595;2:
> If the beta shows no symptoms off MCCitus, then I will be buying.

Well, the beta and the game as a whole are being made by a separate team. Also the MCC is not that bad right now.

> 2533274931637595;2:
> If the beta shows no symptoms off MCCitus, then I will be buying.

The beta is where you’d expect such problems, not in the full version. Expecting a beta to be working netcode is missing the point completely.

However any developer that hears your problems are with the netcode and not with the gameplay, during a beta, smiles at the end of such comments.

I don’t need a beta-2.0 but I will gladly take a single “demo” map per and for a 4x4 and 8x8 match. Similar to a beta but based on the gold code that will release a few weeks from the time it does indeed go gold.

That way the gold code can be stressed tested and patches that normally go live a few weeks post release can be ready for the full game itself… And we can taste the gameplay as to dismiss or reinforce preconceptions.

edit: For those achievements that are unlockable in MP, let them be unlocked but “reserved” until one plays the full retail version. As simple as logging into a friends Xbox/game with a waiting profile… But until one plays the full retail game, achievements are earned but reserved :slight_smile:

> 2535429756019039;3:
> > 2533274931637595;2:
> > If the beta shows no symptoms off MCCitus, then I will be buying.
>
>
> Well, the beta and the game as a whole are being made by a separate team. Also the Also the MCC is not that bad right now.

First off, yea that’s why I said they should do a late beta to the point of it almost just being a demo, because if it doesn’t work well it will only hurt 343. Secondly, I am not sure what impact 2 teams have in this situation, it’s still the H5 game. and Finally, “Also the MCC is not that bad right now.” Are you kidding? It is still not good enough to be a game that got released. Yes it has made so much improvement, but if this was the quality of the game at launch we would have still had problems.

> 2603643534597848;4:
> > 2533274931637595;2:
> > If the beta shows no symptoms off MCCitus, then I will be buying.
>
>
> The beta is where you’d expect such problems, not in the full version. Expecting a beta to be working netcode is missing the point completely.
>
> However any developer that hears your problems are with the netcode and not with the gameplay, during a beta, smiles at the end of such comments.
>
> I don’t need a beta-2.0 but I will gladly take a single “demo” map per and for a 4x4 and 8x8 match. Similar to a beta but based on the gold code that will release a few weeks from the time it does indeed go gold.
>
> That way the gold code can be stressed tested and patches that normally go live a few weeks post release can be ready for the full game itself… And we can taste the gameplay as to dismiss or reinforce preconceptions.

exactly, you said it better than I

Personally I think that there should be a second beta and if there was one I think that it should focus more on the social gameplay side of Halo game types like BTB, CTF all of that good stuff, plus it would allow more feedback from the community in turn allowing 343i to make any necessary changes found during the beta and maybe even glitches that weren’t present during the first beta could be found and fixed.

Also it would give 343i the opportunity to stress test the servers for when the game is launched in October so that everything would run smoothly on launch (hopefully) :p. If this second beta was to happen it should be made open to the public and not just people who own TMCC thus allowing more people to get a taste of Halo 5’s awesomeness , and it would allow us to see how things have changed since the last beta.

I’m ok with 343 not having another beta but if they did, I would love to be able to participate and test how Spartan Abilities interact with vehicles.

It needs a btb beta. I do not want people ground pounding a big slow moving tank when the game comes out. Ground pound has some range. How will the ghost and other splattering vehicles work with the thrusters in the mix? Etc.

Lots of stuff needs player feedback in this area.

Apart from a few lobby issues, the Beta worked fine for me. In-game played about as well as you’d expect without any of the problems MCC used to have.

Also, no company is stupid enough to realise something they’re not 100% will work day one. Look at Battlefield.

> 2739019594823823;1:
> Studio head for 343 Josh Holmes rcently tweeted this: “There are no plans for another H5 beta.” This is very upsetting to me because I want to know how larger maps and vehicles will work in H5. Plus I know many people did not play the H5 beta when it was out. Personally not having a 2nd beta tells me either they don’t think they can learn anything from the community beta testing the game OR they are not confident a 2nd beta will work well enough to convince people they have everything under control. Well I love Halo too much and have already bought the $250 edition, but I am sure many people out there are on the fence because of the punch to the face known as the MCC. I think if they give us a second beta that is near final stages and it is more like a demo it would be great because at that point they would have a very functional game which would show the community the game works, and it would also build up hype for the game. It’s not like Microsoft has a lot of exclusives anyways, they need to make everyone want this game. Please comment with useful comments, perhaps reasons why you do or do not think they should have a 2nd beta. Please keep it civil and have thought out comments.

IF we get another beta, it won’t be a public beta. It will be solely for invited people, And/or Xbox preview program. That being said, I really hope they make another beta.

> 2533274842918190;10:
> Also, no company is stupid enough to realise something they’re not 100% will work day one. Look at Battlefield.

LOL, B4, Unity, MCC. All major titles and all an insult to their fans in terms of working at release

I’m not worried about Halo 5 being broken at all. MCC was outsourced to 3rd parties and patched together last minute. Halo 5 is being built from the ground up for Xbox One and is made by a completely different team.
As for a second beta, I wouldn’t mind it. If they do do one, it will have to be a BTB one.

Josh Holmes has already said on Twitter “There are no plans for another H5 beta.” so there you go…

There isn’t going to be a second Halo 5 beta. It would be cool to have another beta but beta’s take time and almost the full attention of the team, and they wouldn’t be able to do much with a big beta going on.

Thank you, Ty is Sly.

> 2533274827536840;14:
> Josh Holmes has already said on Twitter “There are no plans for another H5 beta.” so there you go…
>
> There isn’t going to be a second Halo 5 beta. It would be cool to have another beta but beta’s take time and almost the full attention of the team, and they wouldn’t be able to do much with a big beta going on.

> 2533274803493024;15:
> Thank you, Ty is Sly.
>
> > 2533274827536840;14:
> > Josh Holmes has already said on Twitter “There are no plans for another H5 beta.” so there you go…
> >
> > There isn’t going to be a second Halo 5 beta. It would be cool to have another beta but beta’s take time and almost the full attention of the team, and they wouldn’t be able to do much with a big beta going on.

Do people even read my post?