Halo 5 Beat down doesnt work

It always goes for the assassination. No matter how quickly I tap the rb button it always goes for the assassination with delays me in matchmaking. I know you can turn it off but that isnt the point, I should be able to do both like I always have been able to.

Because of the delay between melee swings, I’d say it’d be much easier to just hit once, then unload a few rounds. I’ve found it takes like 2 hits with the AR to kill someone after a melee, so it’s really quick.
I do understand your frustration though.

> 2535455451217423;2:
> Because of the delay between melee swings, I’d say it’d be much easier to just hit once, then unload a few rounds. I’ve found it takes like 2 hits with the AR to kill someone after a melee, so it’s really quick.
> I do understand your frustration though.

I’m talking about bashing someone from behind, was in a rumble game, hit someone on their, going for the beatdown rather than assassination, but it enters assassination animation and someone comes up, kills the guy I’m killing, then kills me as I leave animation

I find it really hard to assassinate. Usually end up boosting past the victim

Whatever you do, don’t jump and melee, there is a delay that will get you killed every time. Haven’t had a hard time getting an assassination, but I also turn them off most of the time.

yah i’m terrible at melee/assassinations