Halo 5 : Assimilates everyone to the same level.

Now I’m not here to rant, or even criticize 343 industries on this amazing game they have brought us, but there are problems.
Gameplay is great.
Matchmaking is arguable the best in years.
Warzone good
Campaign? (depends on who you ask.)
But I am here to discuss what you guys think about the social aspect of this game. I have serious concerns for this, as I believe halo 5 has taken a big step backwards in numerous things, while adding great things.
For starters : Where is the reward for high level players? if you are rank 100 no one will ever know your presence. When someone joins a lobby, you all feel unimportant or it doesn’t matter. There is no more, “Wow, that guy must be good etc…” And for people that aren’t as good, they can’t work up to a rank to show off. AT ALL. All they get is a number, and no one will ever know that number unless you go through and indivually click on each person.
Secondly, the ranks aren’t as prominent. If I’m an ONYX, or a champion, I want people to know that. You need to jump through screens to find everyones rank and ELO.
It burries it’s importance.
Thirdly, Where is the reward factor? Don’t get me wrong. I love the roll for the armours etc… But where is the legit, “Get this rank for armour.” Like I remember how good it felt to see someone in halo 3 with recon armour. It was LEGENDARY. Why can’t I show off my armour to everyone ELSE in the lobby? Show off the LEGENDARY stuff I have. I love this halo, I do. But I also think what kills this game is the whole “Everyone is the same and equal.” I feel when I step into a game. There is no social class of armour and clear designation of where you belong. I loved being able to see the people below me by looking at there armour, and looking at those above me. And it goes further than that. How am I supposed to show off great achievements if I’m always hidden, because let’s face it. At the end of the day, if a max level is in your lobby you will NEVER know. If someone has unreal armour you will NEVER know.
Little idea?
Why not highlight every individual a certain colour based on their armour?
IE: People wearing legendary armour have a gold outline around them, maybe POP and are glowing? That way you feel more inclined to check it out etc…
If you’re rank 100 as well, maybe give them a certain Emblem or w/e. My reasoning is this : You obviously intended those cards to represent you the most, but why don’t we have certain cards to represent our accomplishments CLEARLY?
Games that have done this well :
Battlefield
Cod
CSGO
Halo : Reach (exceptional)
GoW (Gears)

Edit : No hate. I don’t judge your character don’t judge mine.
Edit : For those who don’t feel like reading the whole thing.
-I think a more developed ranking system (more prominent) would benefit halo.
-I think rare armour and legendarys should “shine” in lobby screen to highlight peoples “Achievements”
-I think people who are higher level should be rewarded. Ie: Be noticed.
-Multiplayer UI should be improved.
Edit : I’m not a high level, nor am I terrible, nor am I a pro. I just think there is a lack of social structure in the game.
Poll here : https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/90a6869bcf944c54a17102ac9e31da1a/topics/halo-5-assimilates-everyone-to-the-same-level/c5a0ccaa-949d-4f81-843b-c62ae9beaf36/posts?page=1#post3

> By EQTacitus —>I would also love to see a return of the pregame and postgame display that made the social nature of Halo multiplayer great.Bring back displayable Spartan Level (Halo 4) and rank for Arena matches (all other Halos) in the pregame lobby. I want to know if my teammates are Onyx level 10 or Platinum level 70. That tells me something about who they are. Same for my opponents.Bring back medals, weapon of choice, sprees, killed most and killed by in the postgame lobby. I want to know who got an overkill. I want to know if someone was on a frenzy. I want to know how many times I killed that dude on the other team who went 18-5. I want to know who he killed most to get to that 18. I want to know if 15 of those kills were with the BR or rockets or what.Even Halo: MCC has these options. Is it rational to say that Halo: MCC is better than Halo 5 in that aspect of multiplayer? It’s true.

Can’t say I understand their intentions, but the best answer I can give you is that the real reward of Halo 5 is given to winning participants of esports. With all the focus on esports and competitive gameplay, your everyday Halo 5 player is a cash pool to be given to the winner of the HCS, at least from my perspective. You could absolutely argue that Halo 5 is designed so that people pay for REQs to provide for the HCS esport event, or anything similar. And the rest of the game comes later.

So the champion team of HCS is celebrated, while the regular player is the cause of their celebration, arguably.

Or that’s just the cynic in me, and they just thought the current features would be a nice distraction from the actual purpose without regard to the overall picture… Wait, that’s the cynic in me still talking.

The reward for being good is being good itself.

If you need your accomplishments recognized for motivation or satisfaction, you are going to lead a disappointing life. Most people won’t care about most things you do in life. What better way to get used to that fact than to experience it where it doesn’t count–online gaming (pro gaming aside)?

I think there is nothing wrong in striving to be the best you can be, and having cool ranks etc… go below being your best, just being rewarded for playing a great game.

> 2533274830344656;4:
> If you need your accomplishments recognized for motivation or satisfaction, you are going to lead a disappointing life. Most people won’t care about most things you do in life. What better way to get used to that fact than to experience it where it doesn’t count–online gaming (pro gaming aside)?

I don’t play videogames to be taught life lessons. I play them for fun and a sense of accomplishment helps in that. It recognizes my work, practice, and I don’t know why it’s so frowned upon in the halo community, but that im Better at the game.

I can definitely agree on lobbies. Halo 5 could stand to benefit from the kinds of lobbies that were in past Halo games.

I don’t know 'bout you guys but I love showing off MY stuff. This game hardly allows it and thus isn’t social - nor is it fun.

THIS THIS AND THIS! I’m so happy people feel the same way… was starting to think I was the only one. YOU SHOULD be allowed to show off your ACHIEVEMENTS.

Nothing like going in to a halo 3 match and seeing lVl 50 guys knowing you are gonna be ripped apart by their pro-ness
I agree being badass on this game should be displayed for everyone to see.

lets share and get this upvoted… we need 343 to see!!

> 2533274830344656;4:
> If you need your accomplishments recognized for motivation or satisfaction, you are going to lead a disappointing life. Most people won’t care about most things you do in life. What better way to get used to that fact than to experience it where it doesn’t count–online gaming (pro gaming aside)?

Okay there Aristotle. (Bad reference, I know) But really, I don’t play a video game about killing aliens on different planets and bullet proof and explosion resistant armor and re-spawning and some sort of universal communicator/ interpreter system and… the list goes on… for a dose of reality. In fact, I might say I play it for the exact opposite reason, to take a break from life and try to master a different set of circumstances.

I agree, those that have achieved higher success should have that success show. There’s nothing greater than when you face a team that should, on paper, decimate you and then actually beating that team.

> 2533274812650916;6:
> > 2533274830344656;4:
> > If you need your accomplishments recognized for motivation or satisfaction, you are going to lead a disappointing life. Most people won’t care about most things you do in life. What better way to get used to that fact than to experience it where it doesn’t count–online gaming (pro gaming aside)?
>
>
> I don’t play videogames to be taught life lessons. I play them for fun and a sense of accomplishment helps in that. It recognizes my work, practice, and I don’t know why it’s so frowned upon in the halo community, but that im Better at the game.

Don’t think of it as a life lesson, think of it as 343 molding you for the real world. All joking aside, I see your point(s), and it’s fair; but, I see the balance between preventing pre-game quitting and showing accomplishments, too. And, well, I guess I just don’t care which way the balance falls. I’m just playing to get rekt.

> 2777219770231546;12:
> > 2533274830344656;4:
> > If you need your accomplishments recognized for motivation or satisfaction, you are going to lead a disappointing life. Most people won’t care about most things you do in life. What better way to get used to that fact than to experience it where it doesn’t count–online gaming (pro gaming aside)?
>
>
> Okay there Aristotle. (Bad reference, I know) But really, I don’t play a video game about killing aliens on different planets and bullet proof and explosion resistant armor and re-spawning and some sort of universal communicator/ interpreter system and… the list goes on… for a dose of reality. In fact, I might say I play it for the exact opposite reason, to take a break from life and try to master a different set of circumstances.
>
> I agree, those that have achieved higher success should have that success show. There’s nothing greater than when you face a team that should, on paper, decimate you and then actually beating that team.

Hey, I’ve been called much worse. Yeah, I treat it as a reality escape as well. However, there are some real human elements to it, like verbal communication with real players and competition against them. Think of not showing ranks in pre-game as 343’s way of preventing pre-judging and discriminatory actions. It’s a real teaching/learning experience, and they’re protecting the Halo community. :wink:

I agree, the UI NEEDS to change, I want to see everyone’s Gamertag BEFORE THE MATCH and I want to see MY FREAKIN STATS ON THE POST GAME

Totally agree, to me the whole matchmaking UI is very clunky and doesn’t feel as nice as the previous games. I think the name cards (like those in Reach and the MCC) might be a good addition along with being able to see everyone on the pre game lobby.

As far as showing Rank in UI and such, I do think they need to show that stuff again. And I think they should have kept the unlocking of certain armor reqs as guaranteed rewards for commendations; in addition to that, they could have also made it so that if you’ve already obtained the armor randomly through a req then you get a random piece of armor for completing the commendation, of the same rarity, instead.

However, the class distinction of specific armor kind of died for me after playing Destiny and it was all about who had the Raid armor and whatnot. I like that armor is purely cosmetic in Halo 5 and it is a representation of what you want your Spartan to look like. You still have those legendary/Mythic armors or looks that make people stare in awe; but it’s less a class distinction, so much as personal preference.

Lobbies where definitely cool but since I run full parties the majority of the time there for in party chat with them lobbies are kinda useless plus dam if my lv and the lv of the players I play with was showed before the game we would never match people would quit none stop.

Plus level is not a good indicator of skills specially that you get more xp in warzone

Some serious arena players are under lv 100 and could run true me like I’m a noob
Lv Just portrays Hom much time was invested

So my point is it would of been a nice feature in halo 5 but by no means necessary! Maybe we will see it in halo 6 :stuck_out_tongue:

I just don’t see why they removed so much good. Halo really lacks in the social aspect of the game. The matchmaking UI is also terrible. It would also be nice if you could see who was talking and who you’re teammates were pre and after the game.

As for armour @Vanguard, I think it’s very important that all armours are purely cosmetic, but the rewards should still be there. If I’m lucky enough to roll a legendary armour piece let me show it off. Hell, why is there NO inventory option? What’s the point of having all these unlockables if it’s impossible to show it off!

and as for levels @ I just think the old ranking system (real ranks not just levels) was better, But the competitive edge can still stay ie : Gold, plat, onyx… etc…

They should make it easier to show off ranks in Arena.

Dont touch warzone though.

> 2533274814658366;1:
> Now I’m not here to rant, or even criticize 343 industries on this amazing game they have brought us, but there are problems.
> Gameplay is great.
> Matchmaking is arguable the best in years.
> Warzone good
> Campaign? (depends on who you ask.)
> But I am here to discuss what you guys think about the social aspect of this game. I have serious concerns for this, as I believe halo 5 has taken a big step backwards in numerous things, while adding great things.
> For starters : Where is the reward for high level players? if you are rank 100 no one will ever know your presence. When someone joins a lobby, you all feel unimportant or it doesn’t matter. There is no more, “Wow, that guy must be good etc…” And for people that aren’t as good, they can’t work up to a rank to show off. AT ALL. All they get is a number, and no one will ever know that number unless you go through and indivually click on each person.
> Secondly, the ranks aren’t as prominent. If I’m an ONYX, or a champion, I want people to know that. You need to jump through screens to find everyones rank and ELO.
> It burries it’s importance.
> Thirdly, Where is the reward factor? Don’t get me wrong. I love the roll for the armours etc… But where is the legit, “Get this rank for armour.” Like I remember how good it felt to see someone in halo 3 with recon armour. It was LEGENDARY. Why can’t I show off my armour to everyone ELSE in the lobby? Show off the LEGENDARY stuff I have. I love this halo, I do. But I also think what kills this game is the whole “Everyone is the same and equal.” I feel when I step into a game. There is no social class of armour and clear designation of where you belong. I loved being able to see the people below me by looking at there armour, and looking at those above me. And it goes further than that. How am I supposed to show off great achievements if I’m always hidden, because let’s face it. At the end of the day, if a max level is in your lobby you will NEVER know. If someone has unreal armour you will NEVER know.
> Little idea?
> Why not highlight every individual a certain colour based on their armour?
> IE: People wearing legendary armour have a gold outline around them, maybe POP and are glowing? That way you feel more inclined to check it out etc…
> If you’re rank 100 as well, maybe give them a certain Emblem or w/e. My reasoning is this : You obviously intended those cards to represent you the most, but why don’t we have certain cards to represent our accomplishments CLEARLY?
> Games that have done this well :
> Battlefield
> Cod
> CSGO
> Halo : Reach (exceptional)
> GoW (Gears)
> ----------
> Edit : No hate. I don’t judge your character don’t judge mine.
> Edit : For those who don’t feel like reading the whole thing.
> -I think a more developed ranking system (more prominent) would benefit halo.
> -I think rare armour and legendarys should “shine” in lobby screen to highlight peoples “Achievements”
> -I think people who are higher level should be rewarded. Ie: Be noticed.
> Edit : I’m not a high level, nor am I terrible, nor am I a pro. I just think there is a lack of social structure in the game.

Although I don’t care about this particular topic (being good or having # show in lobby)… I 100% agree.

I am… well, I was, a Halo nerd as well. I like the completion side of things. The Halo Waypoint career page was awesome for me. I saw (pre-MCC) that I had 100% of all achievements (464/464 or whatever it was) and total kills, deaths, KDR, etc (for all Halo games combined). I loved seeing the evolution of that stuff over the years. 343 removed it entirely.

So while mine is a different type of complain, I agree with you. They have stripped down Halo and made everyone the same. It contains far less ‘cool factor’ and feels more generic like other games. It went from special to me to just another (great) game.

Some people like Bungie Halo better. Some like 343 Halo. I like both. But nearly everyone agrees Bungie is superior with ‘little things’. The numbers don’t lie.