Halo 5 armour ideas.

We all love armour, and halo has some of the best looking and most Iconic armours or all time. However there could be some improvements to make the game more aestheticly pleasing and give players something to work towards.

Unlocking armour.
Personally I think the currency systems in halo reach and 4 were just stupid. You should have requirements in order to unlock certain armour, this is where commendations and achievements come in. All armour should be unlocked VIA commendations. Some examples are “Complete the campaign on legendary” Unlock Mk VI armour. “Get assassin master in the commendations” Venator. “Obtain a certain achievement” Obtain piece of armour.

Customising armour.
The colour system is fine at the moment but I would like to see a little more variety in the colours. Give more options for colours! Also allowing for battle damage to be added would be cool.

What category’s should be added?
Helmet, Chest, Back, Left shoulder, Right Shoulder, Wrist, Waist, Utility, Legs, Knees, Boots, Visor, Special.
I would also love to see a section in the helmet section which is “Attachment” This would allow you to attach any helmet attachment to any helmet.

What armours do you think should return in halo 5? Let me know in the comments :D. Personaly I would love to see.
JFO
Security
CQB
Emiles Helmet.

Also a special requirement. WHY IS EVA NO LONGER A FISH BOWL IN HALO 4?! 343 FIX THIS. GGGGRRRRRR. NOT MAYFTY APPROVED.

> Unlocking armour.
> Personally I think the currency systems in halo reach and 4 were just stupid. You should have requirements in order to unlock certain armour, this is where commendations and achievements come in. All armour should be unlocked VIA commendations. Some examples are “Complete the campaign on legendary” Unlock Mk VI armour. “Get assassin master in the commendations” Venator. “Obtain a certain achievement” Obtain piece of armour.

Yeah, I’m good with scratching the whole concept of just obtaining armor sets as you simply ‘rank up’. Though if they return Specializations, I’d be fine with that there. The whole achievement and commendation thing I really want, since it gives (and it gave) goals and reasons to work for mastering commendations.
My only addition would be that the unlock system also be similar to Reach’s. Like, as you ‘rank up’, more new armor becomes available, but you still need to ‘purchase’ it with ‘points’ that you’ve earned.

> Customising armour.
> The colour system is fine at the moment but I would like to see a little more variety in the colours. Give more options for colours! Also allowing for battle damage to be added would be cool.

More color possibilities? Meh… not sure. There was quite the variety IMO in Halo 4, and really it’s just for looks on your Spartan card and Rumble-like games. Don’t get me wrong, though, customizing armor with colors and everything is great, and I want it to return.
As for battle damage… much yes. Here’s a thread that went in-depth about it.

> What category’s should be added?
> Helmet, Chest, Back, Left shoulder, Right Shoulder, Wrist, Waist, Utility, Legs, Knees, Boots, Visor, Special.
> I would also love to see a section in the helmet section which is “Attachment” This would allow you to attach any helmet attachment to any helmet.

I am all in for a another category like this one. I think it’d be really cool.

> Also a special requirement. WHY IS EVA NO LONGER A FISH BOWL IN HALO 4?! 343 FIX THIS. GGGGRRRRRR. NOT MAYFTY APPROVED.

FISHY FISHY.

Not much I can say except what Comic said.

<mark>“Helmet, Chest, Back, Left shoulder, Right Shoulder, Wrist, Waist, Utility, Legs, Knees, Boots, Visor, Special.</mark>
<mark>I would also love to see a section in the helmet section which is “Attachment” This would allow you to attach any helmet attachment to any helmet.”</mark>
So, you want to re-implement the unique elements of Reach’s customization? I completely agree.

EVA needs to stay non-fishbowl, because otherwise anyone wearing it might as well have an arrow pointing to his head with a sign saying “please shoot here”. We’re Spartans, not Jackal snipers. The Generation 2 Commando helmet, however, needs a redesign, the Mark V version easily looks a hundred times better. CQB and/or CQC need to return, simply for the fact that it makes sense for such a permutation to exist.

I like customizing more elements of my armor, but bring back the real rogue helmet (Halo 3 version) too. I loved that helmet.