Halo 5 armor

Am I the only one that 343 makes the SHOULDER PAULDRONS way to low on the bicep? Also, why are the biceps so small and why do the bicep guards stop right in the middle of the biceps? They make some GREAY armor sets but some of the stuff they do is just dumb. Just look at the Noble armor… Also, why are the shoulder pauldrons so small? Like the Indomitable armor…

[deleted]

Because this ain’t WoW!
/Thread

Tbh honest I’ve never noticed it .-.

It’s too low on quite a few sets, and I’m also disturbed at how some armors have no armor on the underside of the bicep. ._. It’s also exacerbated by how our Spartan’s have tiny biceps so having tiny shoulderpads with minimal bicep armor just looks odd.

Oh and if clipping concerns are a problem, then the Security shoulders clip with the forearms so that set kind of failed in that regard.

Funny thing is, the concept artist appears to be MORE than happy to draw armor sets with proper Shoulder armor. But then when it is modeled, it is reduced noticeably.

Shoulder pads are soooo 1980s.
The original Mjolnir armor was based on tanks. The new suits are less armor, but more “powersuit”.

> 2533274881560701;5:
> It’s too low on quite a few sets, and I’m also disturbed at how some armors have no armor on the underside of the bicep. ._. It’s also exacerbated by how our Spartan’s have tiny biceps so having tiny shoulderpads with minimal bicep armor just looks odd.
>
> Oh and if clipping concerns are a problem, then the Security shoulders clip with the forearms so that set kind of failed in that regard.
>
> Funny thing is, the concept artist appears to be MORE than happy to draw armor sets with proper Shoulder armor. But then when it is modeled, it is reduced noticeably.

The issue is that the concept art comes from 343i, but then it’s outsourced to one of two outside companies (Airborn Studios and Liquid Development, I believe), so clearly the intent of the armour gets lost somewhere in that process. It’s the same thing with the Mark V Alpha. The concept of the armour made by 343i looks pretty alright, but then the final product is beyond awful. I think that, in future games, 343i should keep the armour design 100% internal.

Now, that’s not to say that a lot of 343i’s armours actually look good, because a lot of them don’t, but at least this would help reduce the issues a bit…