halo 5 armor is too generic

I’m sure most of us can agree that halo reach had the best armor. Halo 4 and 5 armor just doesn’t look “cool”. Halo reach’s armor had lots of cool things like shotgun shells, grenades, riot shield shoulders, 2 ft knives, and a freaking gas tank chest just to name a few of the armors. The armor also looked battle worn. Halo reach had really unique armors, and I would like halo 5 to also have cool and unique armors. So far halo 5 hasn’t impressed me in the customization aspect.

I’d like to know about your views on the armor, but really all I’m getting is that you don’t like the armor so far and that you think it’s generic. What about what you saw wasn’t very good? What do you mean generic and why do you think the label applies to the armor? What would you like to see 343 add in the spice it up?

I agree that we should get some more standout armor like the knives and bandoleers, but over all some this armor is incredible. Have you seen Helioskrill in action? It’s awesome.

I’m a bit dissapointed that they use almost the same armor as in h4. The only good looking helmet so far is probably the recruit one…
Nightfall armor literally shouts stormtrooper. Well at least it’s not textured yet.

> 2533274816380673;2:
> I’d like to know about your views on the armor, but really all I’m getting is that you don’t like the armor so far and that you think it’s generic. What about what you saw wasn’t very good? What do you mean generic and why do you think the label applies to the armor? What would you like to see 343 add in the spice it up?

I mean nothing really stood out to me. All the armor looks really the same to me. The halo reach armor looked like it also had practical uses, like I said it had grenades, knives, ammo, etc. The halo 4 and 5 armor is just too shiny as well.

idk, when you get a high SR rank in the prebeta like me, you get some pretty good armor, i love the recruit BRN, its recruit armor and has flames painted on its soooo BA. also MK 6 scarred looks AMAZING, along with Helioskrill - elite like spartan armor - idk what you mean “GENERIC” you prolly just dont like the spartan armor so it is “generic” and i didnt like reaches, looked WAYYYY to battle worn. but H4/5 isnt worn enough. some where in between but i did enjoy the tactical package on a few pieces of armor looked pretty cool

I get that there’s part of the Halo community and new gamers in general that want to make their characters all fancy n -Yoink-…but I just don’t get it, if halo was 3rd person sure, but its not. You don’t get to see your own character in game so it doesn’t matter what you look like.

> 2533274977797582;1:
> I’m sure most of us can agree that halo reach had the best armor. Halo 4 and 5 armor just doesn’t look “cool”. Halo reach’s armor had lots of cool things like shotgun shells, grenades, riot shield shoulders, 2 ft knives, and a freaking gas tank chest just to name a few of the armors. The armor also looked battle worn. Halo reach had really unique armors, and I would like halo 5 to also have cool and unique armors. So far halo 5 hasn’t impressed me in the customization aspect.

Let them focus on balance, then they can create your unicorn armor for you.

> 2533274858350646;8:
> > 2533274977797582;1:
> > I’m sure most of us can agree that halo reach had the best armor. Halo 4 and 5 armor just doesn’t look “cool”. Halo reach’s armor had lots of cool things like shotgun shells, grenades, riot shield shoulders, 2 ft knives, and a freaking gas tank chest just to name a few of the armors. The armor also looked battle worn. Halo reach had really unique armors, and I would like halo 5 to also have cool and unique armors. So far halo 5 hasn’t impressed me in the customization aspect.
>
>
> Let them focus on balance, then they can create your unicorn armor for you.

I think “unicorn armor” more accurately describes H4 and H5 armour with it’s dainty looking designs. Halo Reach armour was rugged, practical and grounded. You know, something that looks like its actually designed for industrial warfare. Unlike the fancy armour in H4 which is designed to look as cool as possible.

> 2533274940918627;7:
> I get that there’s part of the Halo community and new gamers in general that want to make their characters all fancy n -Yoink-…but I just don’t get it, if halo was 3rd person sure, but its not. You don’t get to see your own character in game so it doesn’t matter what you look like.

Just because one cannot see their own armor during gameplay, outside of certain third-person portions, doesn’t mean much. It gives players the options to customize and personalize their character. It’s a nice option that doesn’t hurt anything.

> 2533274940918627;7:
> I get that there’s part of the Halo community and new gamers in general that want to make their characters all fancy n -Yoink-…but I just don’t get it, if halo was 3rd person sure, but its not. You don’t get to see your own character in game so it doesn’t matter what you look like.

For gameplay it doesn’t really matter but you forgot Screenshots, Theatre, and Machinima.

Edit: Turrets are 3rd person (not confirmed as of yet).

> 2533274820441404;4:
> I’m a bit dissapointed that they use almost the same armor as in h4. The only good looking helmet so far is probably the recruit one…
> Nightfall armor literally shouts stormtrooper. Well at least it’s not textured yet.

Like half the armor is Halo 4 armor, but they are redesigned. I disagree that Recruit (Halo 4) is the best, I like the Mark VI and Air Assault and Recon…
Nightfall armor does not look like a Stormtrooper in any way, but looks bulky and kind of dumb. And it is textured already.
It just needs to be changed.

IDK about you guys, but this looks awesome.

Halo 5 armor

I agree with the OP, Reach had the best armour. It really looked practical to me, and I really liked the grenades, ammo, tacpads, pouches etc on the armour.

> 2533274833164531;11:
> > 2533274940918627;7:
> > I get that there’s part of the Halo community and new gamers in general that want to make their characters all fancy n -Yoink-…but I just don’t get it, if halo was 3rd person sure, but its not. You don’t get to see your own character in game so it doesn’t matter what you look like.
>
>
> For gameplay it doesn’t really matter but you forgot Screenshots, Theatre, and Machinima.
>
> Edit: Turrets are 3rd person (not confirmed as of yet).

See, I’m not buying that at all. You know why? Halo 3 had some great screenshots and great machinima and those options were very limited.

Did anyone see my post? That armor doe…

> 2533274971873081;13:
> IDK about you guys, but this looks awesome.
>
> Halo 5 armor

Wow, this is really cool. For those complaining about practicality this armor does have storage on lower chest portion.

It’s just the beta and a hole year before the game launches they will more than likely have more and better armor.

Yeah I agree, would be nice if there was an in game type store like reach, I prefered it when you could see what armour you wanted and then could aim to get it.

> 2533274940918627;15:
> > 2533274833164531;11:
> > > 2533274940918627;7:
> > > I get that there’s part of the Halo community and new gamers in general that want to make their characters all fancy n -Yoink-…but I just don’t get it, if halo was 3rd person sure, but its not. You don’t get to see your own character in game so it doesn’t matter what you look like.
> >
> >
> >
> > For gameplay it doesn’t really matter but you forgot Screenshots, Theatre, and Machinima.
> >
> > Edit: Turrets are 3rd person (not confirmed as of yet).
>
>
> See, I’m not buying that at all. You know why? Halo 3 had some great screenshots and great machinima and those options were very limited.

And you can have some great gameplay with just a BR, but it’s better when you add in some variety.