Halo 5 Armor Customization

So, as we all should know, and if you don’t, I hate to break the news to you, but it seems like armor customization will be fairly limited in Halo 5, with the player only able to change the helmet, visor, body, and colors. I’m okay with this, because it seems like the designs 343 created seem pretty well made. However, 343 said that there will be tons of variants for armors, like skins etc. I’m just thinking, what if these variants actually had elements different from the base armor, aside from color patterns? Like a variant has slightly different shoulder pads or a different design for the chestpiece? I feel like that could be a more worthy tradeoff for limited customization, as opposed to slightly different stripe placement.

We knew about this months ago it’s not new and it’s just disappointing and a step-back for Halo Customization options.
At least i hope they patched it to shoulders also.

do you think they’ll add more post launch?

I was thinking, anyone else wondering if John-117’s armor will be usable? I mean they did name his armor the Mjolnir Powered Assault Armor Mark VI Gen 2 and gave a description for the body and helmet. Plus they went out the way to make sure the Gen 1 Mark VI was listed as Gen 1, something not done in Halo 4. I wonder what will be the method to unlock that armor if available.

Considering the amount of customization with weapons and skins with req packs and things of that nature I am still gonna keep my eyes open for some surprises with armor. I feel like they will give a good variety and probably have about the same customization options as Halo 4 plus maybe a few small things. I don’t see why they would add so much in other areas and then take away some of the few options that we have in other important areas. I would like to see more unique options like how in Reach you could get those certain arms and unlock the option to get the robot arm. It was like the only thing like that but I like the idea and would love to see more things like that.

It should be limited. If there are too many to choose from it gets boring. Like in H4 there were just too many and they all looked the same, that’s what I mean by boring. I would like it to be like in H3, maybe a litre more. For each armor you have to complete something (collect all skills, beat campaign on legendary, reach a certain rank etc.)

Agree? Disagree?

Look, as long as there is a large number of options, I’m all in. Lol

> 2533274842107552;6:
> It should be limited. If there are too many to choose from it gets boring. Like in H4 there were just too many and they all looked the same, that’s what I mean by boring. I would like it to be like in H3, maybe a litre more. For each armor you have to complete something (collect all skills, beat campaign on legendary, reach a certain rank etc.)
>
> Agree? Disagree?

Halo 4 definitely seemed to be an example of a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear. A lot of shoulder/chest pieces were very similar to each other, or were not very unique or especially good looking.

Visual customization has never been a huge selling point for me personally but I get that others really like that sort of thing. I would rather the gameplay mechanics are solid before they spend time with superficial stuff.

> 2533274912254619;8:
> > 2533274842107552;6:
> > It should be limited. If there are too many to choose from it gets boring. Like in H4 there were just too many and they all looked the same, that’s what I mean by boring. I would like it to be like in H3, maybe a litre more. For each armor you have to complete something (collect all skills, beat campaign on legendary, reach a certain rank etc.)
> >
> > Agree? Disagree?
>
>
> Halo 4 definitely seemed to be an example of a closet full of clothes but nothing to wear. A lot of shoulder/chest pieces were very similar to each other, or were not very unique or especially good looking.

So many armors yet wear 5% of them. I understand their thinking but customization with shoulders at least should be considered. Wearing more than just a helmet and armor gives the player more freedom on what to choose plus this is Xbox one come on now they should already know how to get customization done right. Not limit options that were previously given on an older console.

Anybody know if both the helljumper and nightfall variants will be in there?? I love the classic ODST look! I also miss the halo 3 EVA best helmet ever!

> 2533274819095003;11:
> Anybody know if both the helljumper and nightfall variants will be in there?? I love the classic ODST look! I also miss the halo 3 EVA best helmet ever!

There are screenshots… plus nightfall was in the beta so yea.

> 2533274870308953;4:
> I was thinking, anyone else wondering if John-117’s armor will be usable?

You mean the armor in the campaign of H4 and H5? Because that armor will not be usable. It is confirmed by 343. Can’t remeber the sorce sadly but i can confirm that will not be usable in MP.

At least give us shoulder customization as well, 343. Then it can be at least on par with Halo 3…

I guess it would be interesting to have variants of armor but idk how that would exactly… like have the Hermes (Halo 5 EVA) armor and then have H3, 4, and Reach EVA as the variants? Idk. I also agree with shoulder customization because I like to rock the asymmetric look in multiplayer. From what I’ve seen, None of the armors have asymmetric shoulders. I thought the Noble armor might since it is an homage to Carter… but I was wrong.