Halo 5 Arena Ranking System is Broken

A ranking system based solely on wins and losses is a terrible system. It has 0 representation of player skill because it’s highly influenced by your teammates. If all of your teammates suck and I get 25 kills, it counts as a loss and hurts my ranking despite playing so well. I will be boycotting this game until change is made.

It’s been like that for awhile it’s just halo 2s system but with names instead of numbers. But sadly that’s just how it is in most games anyways. It would be nice to see a new implementation to the system especially in halo but I guess it’s just the simplest way

Yeah this is a problem. However the only true playlist based on skill is FFA. I hope future Halo games have a ranking system not solely based on win/lose situation.

A player with 5 kills should get less points for winning than a player with 25 kills.

> 2533274928677921;1:
> If all of your teammates suck and I get 25 kills, it counts as a loss and hurts my ranking despite playing so well. I will be boycotting this game until change is made.

If this was slayer, okay that makes sense (I guess). But if this was team objective games, yeah I think that should count a loss.

Just saying, there’s way more thing to do in Halo 5 then just playing ranked matches. There’s social playlists & Warzone if you’re interested.

> 2533274928677921;1:
> A ranking system based solely on wins and losses is a terrible system. It has 0 representation of player skill because it’s highly influenced by your teammates. If all of your teammates suck and I get 25 kills, it counts as a loss and hurts my ranking despite playing so well. I will be boycotting this game until change is made.

Yep it sucks eapecially when you solo que makes it hard to rank up and even rank decently in your ranking matches wish it was more balanced and even with ctf and strongholds take into account flag caps strongholds caps defences etc

> 2533274928677921;4:
> A player with 5 kills should get less points for winning than a player with 25 kills.

I disagree, players like me play support(or anchor) who tend to get alot of assists by putting damage down cross map would get punished for what? Also the carnage report does not tell the whole story in games. People may make plays that determine the match but can still be negative 5,10 or even 20 but does it contribute to the stats? That system you speak of would promote more players to stat -Yoink!- in favor of winning games.

EDIT: Also if you got boosted up to Diamond, Oynx or High onyx with this system and not solely on your “skill”… You would suffer as even if the team somehow carries you through games you would get less points ALL THE TIME.

That is why I favor individual performance over “team” based ranking. If you don’t have the same four people to always play your games with the ranking doesn’t mean anything. They should maybe come up with some sort of rank structure that can incorporate both or something.

> 2533274928677921;1:
> A ranking system based solely on wins and losses is a terrible system. It has 0 representation of player skill because it’s highly influenced by your teammates. If all of your teammates suck and I get 25 kills, it counts as a loss and hurts my ranking despite playing so well. I will be boycotting this game until change is made.

The whole purpose of this is to push team play instead of solo play where one person sits in the back and picks up kills but doesn’t help their team win. Overall every game is about winning and losing, if your team is not winning than you need to find better ways to support your team and self reflect on yourself to make yourself a better team player.

Feel free to review the MM feedback archive and leave feedback in the current thread.