Halo 5 Arena Matchmaking update (idea only)

I’m coming up with an idea to give Arena in Halo 5’s multiplayer a refresh to give Arena more variety and a better variety of gamemodes.

Firthly (fully intentional), Rename Slayer : Team Slayer and add in Team BR’s (H2 BR not the H5 BR) and Team Snipers (I’m divided whether Snipers should be its own playlist)

Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective. Now for team objective, most of Halo 5’s maps would not be suited for some of these gamemodes (one bomb and one flag in particular) so take forge maps suited for these gamemodes and add them into Team objective. In Team objective there will be :

• Multi Flag CTF - Assault - One bomb - One flag - Neutral bomb - Team Oddball - Team Crazy King - VIPNext replace FFA with Rumble pit. Rumble pit will be a social playlist. In rumble pit there will be :

• Slayer (aka : regular FFA) - Oddball - Swords - Juggernaut - KOTHNext improve BTB by adding in :

• BTB Slayer (already in BTB) - BTB Heavies - BTB Multi flag CTF (already in BTB) - BTB One Flag CTF - BTB Strongholds (already in BTB) - BTB Assault - BTB Neutral BombKeep Doubles, SWAT and Grifball untouched.

For Infection just add in gametypes like ‘save one bullet’ and ‘hide and seek’ so that there is more variety in Infection instead of playing Alpha zombies over and over again.

For Action Sack remove tank world and Mantis Breakout and replace them with Super fiesta and FFA Swat.

• Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Improve Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.

Last but not least there should be a classic playlist being added in. It should have no spartan abilities, increased movement speed and jump height (aka : Evolved settings). It should only be Social slayer with the H2 BR as the only loadout weapon and should play on H2 and 3 maps (I have accurate remakes of Ascension, Lockout, Guardian, High Ground and Zanzibar (Zanzibar is still being tweaked) in my file share that could be good maps for the playlist).

Other things I wanted to bring up was to add in a veto system (not a voting system where people constantly vote for their favourite map) and allow ranks to carry through after a season ends. And as much as I want to add in playable elites it just doesn’t fall under the same category.

Altough this will NEVER get added into the game it’s still an idea that I came up with that I feel would really improve Halo 5’s Arena experience. If there is anything that you would want to add to this feel free to discuss nicely in the comments.

You lost me about halfway down, but everything up until "imorove minotaurs’ would be awesome imo. Not really fond of the pacing of minotaurs and I despise paintball. I have no desire to see the veto or voting systems return, I’d prefer that the map rotation system just blackball the last map you played that way no one ever had to play the same map twice in a row. The only thing above that I would take issue to is putting Team snipers in Slayer…it should really be it’s own thing for those hardcore few. Some things you could replace it with would be Slayer Pro, Covey Slayer, Promethean Slayer etc.

I agree with everything except br slayer (cuz these maps weren’t designed with them in mind) and removing team arena (the HCS/E-sports playlist) for team objectives. Keep team arena but add team objectives as a seperate thing, there needs to be a hardcore playlist of some sort anyways (and the removal of radar for it). Other than that I like what I see but this is 343 so not happening. That last sentence literally pisses me off too cuz it’s true.

> 2533274880633045;2:
> You lost me about halfway down, but everything up until "imorove minotaurs’ would be awesome imo. Not really fond of the pacing of minotaurs and I despise paintball. I have no desire to see the veto or voting systems return, I’d prefer that the map rotation system just blackball the last map you played that way no one ever had to play the same map twice in a row.

I’m typing on a phone so what can I do? I considered getting rid off Minotaurs but some people like it and I thought that at least they could make it more fun and intense. I thought paintball junkies is okay and after all it does have its fans and people all have their own opinions. I don’t mind the idea of a map rotation system but Halo 5’s map rotation system is just awful and I once I was playing on Team Arena and I got Colessium 3 times in a row (2 games of CTF, one game of Slayer).

> 2533274923562209;3:
> I agree with everything except br slayer (cuz these maps weren’t designed with them in mind) and removing team arena (the HCS/E-sports playlist) for team objectives. Keep team arena but add team objectives as a seperate thing, there needs to be a hardcore playlist of some sort anyways (and the removal of radar for it). Other than that I like what I see but this is 343 so not happening. That last sentence literally pisses me off too cuz it’s true.

Thanks for the feedback. I actually forgot about adding an MLG style playlist while writing this so I’ll add that in now.

> 2533275000870778;5:
> > 2533274923562209;3:
> > I agree with everything except br slayer (cuz these maps weren’t designed with them in mind) and removing team arena (the HCS/E-sports playlist) for team objectives. Keep team arena but add team objectives as a seperate thing, there needs to be a hardcore playlist of some sort anyways (and the removal of radar for it). Other than that I like what I see but this is 343 so not happening. That last sentence literally pisses me off too cuz it’s true.
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I actually forgot about adding an MLG style playlist while writing this so I’ll add that in now.

Much of what you have would literally have me playing the game more if it was setup this way. I rarily play anymore cuz of no variety and I can only play slayer so much and I don’t like infection, griffball(awful physics to it) and btb is so stale and repetitive like slayer with so little variety. I jump around on mcc more even if it’s broke to hell just because it has more stuff to it at least. I want to like new halo but I just can’t lol. I like h5s gameplay to an extent (which is why I’ve played it more than halo duty 4) but lack of variety is insane.

> 2533274923562209;6:
> > 2533275000870778;5:
> > > 2533274923562209;3:
> > > I agree with everything except br slayer (cuz these maps weren’t designed with them in mind) and removing team arena (the HCS/E-sports playlist) for team objectives. Keep team arena but add team objectives as a seperate thing, there needs to be a hardcore playlist of some sort anyways (and the removal of radar for it). Other than that I like what I see but this is 343 so not happening. That last sentence literally pisses me off too cuz it’s true.
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback. I actually forgot about adding an MLG style playlist while writing this so I’ll add that in now.
>
> Much of what you have would literally have me playing the game more if it was setup this way. I rarily play anymore cuz of no variety and I can only play slayer so much and I don’t like infection, griffball(awful physics to it) and btb is so stale and repetitive like slayer with so little variety. I jump around on mcc more even if it’s broke to hell just because it has more stuff to it at least. I want to like new halo but I just can’t lol. I like h5s gameplay to an extent (which is why I’ve played it more than halo duty 4) but lack of variety is insane.

Yeah. I continuously find myself coming back to MCC (even if I have to play at 7 or 8 in the evening when all of the people in the U.S. are playing cause I’m from Ireland and trying to find matches during the day are frustratingly long). Even looking at my service record for Halo 4 I’ve hardly played it and the majority of it was on BTB and Action Sack.

> 2533275000870778;1:
> Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective.
> - VIP I dont know what this is****Remove tank world - Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Imorove Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting Personally I’d Remove Minotaurs over Mantis Breakout - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.

Some valid points, that at least effect me.

• I’d like to add to the Action Sack debate the option at least on Waypoint to do a Survivor Series and let people vote on say 1 to 3 types to remove and 1-3 types to add based on the Community. Remove the highest voted remove, add highest voted Add. Refresh every month or two to keep things fresh. Not much work involved
  • I’d also like to keep the Anniversary Playlist but have it include 1 through 3. 3 maps per game. Just call it “Classic” playlist or something like that

> 2533274873873545;8:
> > 2533275000870778;1:
> > - Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective. - VIP I dont know what this is****Remove tank world - Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Imorove Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting Personally I’d Remove Minotaurs over Mantis Breakout - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.
>
> Some valid points, that at least effect me.
>
> - I’d like to add to the Action Sack debate the option at least on Waypoint to do a Survivor Series and let people vote on say 1 to 3 types to remove and 1-3 types to add based on the Community. Remove the highest voted remove, add highest voted Add. Refresh every month or two to keep things fresh. Not much work involved
> - I’d also like to keep the Anniversary Playlist but have it include 1 through 3. 3 maps per game. Just call it “Classic” playlist or something like that

There are 2 things in your post that have confused me :

• Do you not know what VIP is or are you implying that I don’t know what VIP is? (I know what VIP is). - Is your GT supposed to be a reference to euthanasia (assisted suicide) or is that just a really strange coincidence?

> 2533275000870778;9:
> > 2533274873873545;8:
> > > 2533275000870778;1:
> > > - Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective. - VIP I dont know what this is****Remove tank world - Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Imorove Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting Personally I’d Remove Minotaurs over Mantis Breakout - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.
> >
> > Some valid points, that at least effect me.
> >
> > - I’d like to add to the Action Sack debate the option at least on Waypoint to do a Survivor Series and let people vote on say 1 to 3 types to remove and 1-3 types to add based on the Community. Remove the highest voted remove, add highest voted Add. Refresh every month or two to keep things fresh. Not much work involved
> > - I’d also like to keep the Anniversary Playlist but have it include 1 through 3. 3 maps per game. Just call it “Classic” playlist or something like that
>
> There are 2 things in your post that have confused me :
> - Do you not know what VIP is or are you implying that I don’t know what VIP is? (I know what VIP is). I legit don’t know what VIP is, or if I do I just don’t know it by that name - Is your GT supposed to be a reference to euthanasia (assisted suicide) or is that just a really strange coincidence?

> 2533274873873545;8:
> > 2533275000870778;1:
> > Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective.
> > - VIP I dont know what this is****Remove tank world - Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Imorove Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting Personally I’d Remove Minotaurs over Mantis Breakout - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.
>
> Some valid points, that at least effect me.
>
> - I’d like to add to the Action Sack debate the option at least on Waypoint to do a Survivor Series and let people vote on say 1 to 3 types to remove and 1-3 types to add based on the Community. Remove the highest voted remove, add highest voted Add. Refresh every month or two to keep things fresh. Not much work involved
> - I’d also like to keep the Anniversary Playlist but have it include 1 through 3. 3 maps per game. Just call it “Classic” playlist or something like that

VIP is one of the many missing classic game types. It was used as a base in a lot of customs at the time as well.

> 2533274880633045;11:
> > 2533274873873545;8:
> > > 2533275000870778;1:
> > > Secondly, keep Team Arena (for the competitive players) and add in Team objective.
> > > - VIP I dont know what this is****Remove tank world - Improve Ground pound Arena by replacing loadouts to shotguns and scattershots - Imorove Minotaurs by giving survivors spartan lasers with infinite ammo but remove shields and regenerating health and remove radar to make things more interesting Personally I’d Remove Minotaurs over Mantis Breakout - Improve Paintball Junkies and Rift Ball by adding in more mapsFor Breakout add in the original version but as a gametype to satisfy fans like like the OG Breakout and the refresh. Also add in Arena Breakout as another gametype.
> >
> > Some valid points, that at least effect me.
> >
> > - I’d like to add to the Action Sack debate the option at least on Waypoint to do a Survivor Series and let people vote on say 1 to 3 types to remove and 1-3 types to add based on the Community. Remove the highest voted remove, add highest voted Add. Refresh every month or two to keep things fresh. Not much work involved
> > - I’d also like to keep the Anniversary Playlist but have it include 1 through 3. 3 maps per game. Just call it “Classic” playlist or something like that
>
> VIP is one of the many missing classic game types. It was used as a base in a lot of customs at the time as well.

Ah ok it was called something different in Halo 4 which is where I remember it from…I only played one or two gametypes in 3