Halo 5 and Xbox scorpio

So in November when the Scorpio drops will 343 patch the game (in a manner similar to what Phil described to the press) to remove all the graphical compromises (dynamic res, disappearing effects, super close draw distance, halved animation frame rate for long distance effects) and crank it all up to take advantage of the upgraded hardware? I would really like to replay the campaign with all the bells and whistles turned up to 11.

Well the Scorpio is out in 2017, not 2016. It’ll be a while still.

Hard to say if they’ll do anything to the game’s engine. Sure, i think they should take the advantage and save Halo 5 from looking like a Plastic/Cardboard COSPLAY game… Not to mention the strange lighting system, that makes the super soldiers, in power armor… Look like cartoon figures.

a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.

> 2533274824095836;2:
> Well the Scorpio is out in 2017, not 2016. It’ll be a while still.
>
> Hard to say if they’ll do anything to the game’s engine. Sure, i think they should take the advantage and save Halo 5 from looking like a Plastic/Cardboard COSPLAY game… Not to mention the strange lighting system, that makes the super soldiers, in power armor… Look like cartoon figures.

Sure, they will have plenty of horsepower to add proper lighting effects, proper material texturing and physics and so on

Yes the lighting too, after playing Gears 4 I REALLY feel those compromises were a bit too much to achieve 60 FPS in campaign

Theoretically, the engine won’t have to scale back. It will be interesting to see…

> 2533274873580796;5:
> Theoretically, the engine won’t have to scale back. It will be interesting to see…

The question is will they fix the hardwired stuff (the animations and the particle effects and the texturing and so on)

I hope so

> 2533274800110367;6:
> > 2533274873580796;5:
> > Theoretically, the engine won’t have to scale back. It will be interesting to see…
>
>
> The question is will they fix the hardwired stuff (the animations and the particle effects and the texturing and so on)
>
> I hope so

Well if it’s all apart of the dynamic scaling (which it all is… to my knowledge), then it should run without animations dropping frames, textures dropping resolution, and I would think draw distances would improve…

Of course, like I said, this is all theoretical…

> 2533274873580796;7:
> > 2533274800110367;6:
> > > 2533274873580796;5:
> > > Theoretically, the engine won’t have to scale back. It will be interesting to see…
> >
> >
> > The question is will they fix the hardwired stuff (the animations and the particle effects and the texturing and so on)
> >
> > I hope so
>
>
> Well if it’s all apart of the dynamic scaling (which it all is… to my knowledge), then it should run without animations dropping frames, textures dropping resolution, and I would think draw distances would improve…
>
> Of course, like I said, this is all theoretical…

The particle effects and lighting systems are not. Neither is the material physics system…or the animation drop I am not sure sure about…

I would rather them put effort into the future (H6), instead of making a 2 year old game look better.

> 2533274803493024;9:
> I would rather them put effort into the future (H6), instead of making a 2 year old game look better.

^^^

Halo 5 either stands on its own, or falls hard to the ground. One way or another, we can’t keep giving this game crutches when there are other games out there that need development time.

> 2533274847563380;10:
> > 2533274803493024;9:
> > I would rather them put effort into the future (H6), instead of making a 2 year old game look better.
>
>
> ^^^
>
> Halo 5 either stands on its own, or falls hard to the ground. One way or another, we can’t keep giving this game crutches when there are other games out there that need development time.

It’s a patch for a flagship title on a new upgraded system that is supposed to make games look better and the coalition has already almost finished working on said patch…there is no excuse.

> 2535409489305717;3:
> a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.

Stop asking for splitscreen in H5 its not going to happen.

> 2533274830513360;12:
> > 2535409489305717;3:
> > a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.
>
>
> Stop asking for splitscreen in H5 its not going to happen.

Wellllllll with that much horsepower it could. The reason it was removed was the 60fps

> 2533274800110367;13:
> > 2533274830513360;12:
> > > 2535409489305717;3:
> > > a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.
> >
> >
> > Stop asking for splitscreen in H5 its not going to happen.
>
>
> Wellllllll with that much horsepower it could. The reason it was removed was the 60fps

No that isnt the only reason solit screen makes the console render it many more times and with the game is written its not that simple as a push if a button. you are only deluding yourself with the Scorpio that its some magic splitscreen machine.

They should put in split screen It’d be cool i think-_-

> 2535409489305717;3:
> a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.

actually it would be very difficult if not impossible to add splitscreen

IIRC they said in a con that they’ll explore the idea of adding splitscreen to the Scorpio version.

> 2533274830513360;14:
> > 2533274800110367;13:
> > > 2533274830513360;12:
> > > > 2535409489305717;3:
> > > > a patch probably and maybe a Split Screen update but none thing else I think would come.
> > >
> > >
> > > Stop asking for splitscreen in H5 its not going to happen.
> >
> >
> > Wellllllll with that much horsepower it could. The reason it was removed was the 60fps
>
>
> No that isnt the only reason solit screen makes the console render it many more times and with the game is written its not that simple as a push if a button. you are only deluding yourself with the Scorpio that its some magic splitscreen machine.

You seem to think I want split screen…I do not I would actually rather prefer they did NOT put it in and focused solely on the spectacle, narrative and cinematic for the campaign. It is not impossible tho.

No…seriously…the upgrade can be outsourced if people are afraid about diverting manpower from main Halo 5 support.

And…you know, with it 343 could also release some extra chief missions (and maybe one in which we bury Locke…a man can dream)

> 2533274800110367;1:
> So in November when the Scorpio drops will 343 patch the game (in a manner similar to what Phil described to the press) to remove all the graphical compromises (dynamic res, disappearing effects, super close draw distance, halved animation frame rate for long distance effects) and crank it all up to take advantage of the upgraded hardware? I would really like to replay the campaign with all the bells and whistles turned up to 11.

Pretty much everyone here is just guessing. And that’s all we can do at the moment.

The only thing I know for certain - Halo 5 will be able to run at full 1080p for 100% of the time on Scorpio, as it has more than enough power. The resolution won’t be scaled back at all.

But as for everything else, that’s anyone’s guess. Knowing how 343 drag their heels to fix even the worst game breaking bugs, I seriously doubt they’ll invest much time in making an old game look prettier. It took them months to stop people going inside the walls in Warzone Assault, it took ages to fix the Griffball turret glitch, and even then it wasn’t fixed properly. It’s taken them since release to fix the servers and we still get lots of lag.

So my guess is that I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Halo 6 should be designed with the Scorpio in mind though, and the HTC Vive is compatible with the Scorpio. So I’m hoping for some VR fun.