Halo 5 and Xbox one kinect

Below is an article with more details about the Xbox one kinect. If this next gen kinect is leaps amd bounds beyond the current kinect I have some interesting ideas on how 343 could apply it to the next halo on Xbox one. If the kinect is able to scan my face and make a detailed avatar I want it to be able to scan my face and put it on my spartan. Spartan poses are a great idea and more are on the way and one I would want my pose to be something like me holding my helmet at my side and a detailed scan of my face looking straight back at me while looking down the sites of the pistol. Obviously if you have privacy issues I hope 343 takes that into consideration so if you don’t want to show your actual face you don’t and shouldn’t have to. Another idea I had showing off this new possibility is implementing it during matchmaking. An idea of others I have read about has to do with master chiefs cracked visor. Say if in the next halo during matchmaking your shield is brought down and you survive you are left with a small sliver of a crack in your visor. The more times your shield is brought down and you survive the more damage is done to your visor, like the damage your visor takes at the end of halo reach campaign. What if at some point you have the option of removing your helmet and run through the battle field ‘blind’ like Tom Lasky’s strategy in halo 4 forward unto dawn? No radar, can’t check your health and see if your shield is down, it would be cool if you would just have to realize your shield is down from visual clues, and you cant see how many bullets you have left. Only upside is you can clearly see. I can’t think of anything more bad -Yoink- than going back to theater mode and being able watch my spartan with my scanned face running around while I’m on a killing frenzy. This would pose a new challenge maybe more realistic problem Spartans would face during combat.
What about using this feature in the campaign or a new and improved spartan ops? If you don’t like the matchmaking idea at least we can make an appearance in the cutscenes. Spartan ops failed for many reasons and one the relates to the above ideas is the lack of our Spartans being apart of the story, is was the other guys!! I know from watching vidocs that 343 couldn’t use our Spartans in cg cutscenes but here’s our chance to be apart of the story. My team of Spartans, all with our helmets off of course showing our beautiful faces, devising a plan of attack. That’s why I loved halo reach campaign, it wasn’t showing my face but my spartan was with the team in most cutscenes. Make some commander do all the talking to avoid having my character having lines to say or sub a male/female voice over our characters I don’t care. That would be sweet to see myself standing next to the master chief in the campaign or if he makes an appearance in the next spartan ops as an unplayable character. That would be sick!!! So what do guys think? Do you think that 343 can pull something like this off? Let me know if this gives you any ideas of your own on the matter.

IGN Article - How are Developers Using Xbox One’s Kinect?

As long as it’s not forced, and has nothing to do with Halo Xbone’s controls, I really don’t care.

Your visor getting cracked as you survive encounters would essentially be punishing the player for performing well…no thanks.

I had an interesting idea regarding the Kinect facial scanning. Rather than applying the users face to a spartan, it would be cool if you could transpose your face onto a marine in campaign. If the XBox1 can store multiple facial scans you could even have friends/family scan their faces and build your own personal army.

> Your visor getting cracked as you survive encounters would essentially be punishing the player for performing well…no thanks.
>
> I had an interesting idea regarding the Kinect facial scanning. Rather than applying the users face to a spartan, it would be cool if you could transpose your face onto a marine in campaign. If the XBox1 can store multiple facial scans you could even have friends/family scan their faces and build your own personal army.

That would make murdering your own marines all the more horrifying.

I hope the Kinect doesn’t play too huge a roll in the games though. That could get annoying.

You know how the Kinect can sense your heartbeat? And you know how when you’re almost dead there’s the heartbeat noise? They could scale the noise to how fast your heart’s pumping, so if you’re just walking around it wouldn’t be there at all but if you’re going into beast-mode on a group of guys and barely make it out you can hear the noise pretty well. Any thoughts on that?