Halo 5 and Titanfall

I can not help but think that Halo 5 and Titanfall are very similar in some ways.

Both games…
… have extremely sound fundamentals. Sure, long-time Halo players may not like how it has evolved, but the gameplay is smooth.
… shipped with extremely little content.
… are made by developers who somehow believe that people will stick around with little to no incentives to do so.
… seem to have sold well but at the same time quickly been abandoned by the players.

I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.

except there is a difference, titanfall didn’t really add any content besides maps which were still repetitive, atleast we are getting gamemodes, new unlocks (which titanfall never added) and maps (quality varies as with most maps)

Completely false.

I’ve been playing Halo since day one of C. E. and I think 4 and especially 5 are the best thus far. Halo 5 is awesome.

Content was fine. Plus, you act like it was a surprise. Everyone knew it for months before launch.

Reqs are really cool. The only real incentive is fun. And I have a lot of fun playing this. In fact, I can’t wait to get home everyday to play.

A lot of my friends play it and I play online with no problem at all.

All your points are false and invalid. Stop trying to spread your personal opinions as if it’s fact.

You don’t like the game, then simply stop playing and leave the forums. Go play something else. Your not obligated in any way to play Halo.

I know personally, there are players that never played Halo until Halo 5.

Yes… Tons of shtuff is missing. But it’s still a great game. Unless they kill off Chief…

> 2656587637345384;4:
> Completely false.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo since day one of C. E. and I think 4 and especially 5 are the best thus far. Halo 5 is awesome.
>
> Content was fine. Plus, you act like it was a surprise. Everyone knew it for months before launch.
>
> Reqs are really cool. The only real incentive is fun. And I have a lot of fun playing this. In fact, I can’t wait to get home everyday to play.
>
> A lot of my friends play it and I play online with no problem at all.
>
> All your points are false and invalid. Stop trying to spread your personal opinions as if it’s fact.
>
> You don’t like the game, then simply stop playing and leave the forums. Go play something else. Your not obligated in any way to play Halo.

Someone is insecure about their purchase. The OP is allowed to criticize games, that is how mediocre games get turned into good games. And you know, his points are not invalid, you just think so because he criticized something that he felt was not up to the standard of a Halo game. Respect his opinions and move on. Don’t spread your personal opinions as facts. They are merely opinions.

> 2656587637345384;4:
> Completely false.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo since day one of C. E. and I think 4 and especially 5 are the best thus far. Halo 5 is awesome.
>
> Content was fine. Plus, you act like it was a surprise. Everyone knew it for months before launch.
>
> Reqs are really cool. The only real incentive is fun. And I have a lot of fun playing this. In fact, I can’t wait to get home everyday to play.
>
> A lot of my friends play it and I play online with no problem at all.
>
> All your points are false and invalid. Stop trying to spread your personal opinions as if it’s fact.
>
> You don’t like the game, then simply stop playing and leave the forums. Go play something else. Your not obligated in any way to play Halo.

i dont think he stated he didnt like the game, just compared some faults with each even though I dont think those faults are 100% correct. No reason to well dismiss his post because his view is different than yours.

PS: you kinda sound like a child, some of his points are accurate

I’ve certainly stuck around Halo 5 for a long time now and while playing with friends it ceases to lack fun, quality content. When Titanfall originally came out it seemed amazing yes, but I agree that it does lack content. But don’t be hatin’ on Halo 5 on the “Halo Forums” -_-

I disagree with this post so much.

I pretty much agree with this post. Both game’s had amazing gameplay, but the lack of content really hurts them.

Titanfall had it worse though.

Where are people getting this idea that most of this game’s player base quit? Is there a chart I missed?

I like both games, but there’s a lot of differences in gameplay and what determines skill.

> 2533274804182731;2:
> I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.

I find that very, very hard to believe that it has better player retention then Halo 3.

I do agree with the OP. Halo 5 is actually pretty fun. But it lacks content and doesn’t really play like halo to me. Yes, it lost A LOT of players. From it being #1 on the most played games list for a week and then dropping to #10 when BO3 and Fallout 4 launched, it probably lost 500k players. It probably peaks at 60k during the day. Also, with the stupid “free monthly content updates” we’re getting the full game in June. We basically bought a beta.

> 2533274804182731;2:
> I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.

Evidence… just because someone says it don’t mean its true. I remember when halo 2, 3 and reach told you the population… where are people getting these hard numbers

> 2533274830366691;14:
> > 2533274804182731;2:
> > I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.
>
>
> Evidence… just because someone says it don’t mean its true. I remember when halo 2, 3 and reach told you the population… where are people getting these hard numbers

Are you saying the 343 member who stated Halo 5s retention was the best out of all halos except h3 was lying?

> 2533274830366691;14:
> > 2533274804182731;2:
> > I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.
>
>
> Evidence… just because someone says it don’t mean its true. I remember when halo 2, 3 and reach told you the population… where are people getting these hard numbers

I was thinking the same, Halo 3 had a pop of 1.1 mill a year after release, Halo 4 20k. Now, they don’t show any numbers.

Titanfall was fun enough for me to stick around and reach GEN10, even without as much things to unlock I had a blast playing it. It has amazing gameplay.

Halo 5 might be that much fun, I don’t care for the random unlocks, but it’s fun enough to keep me playing.
I don’t play games to grind and unlock items. I play for gameplay, unlocking things is just extra and I wouldn’t mind if they weren’t their.

Reach and Halo 4 however, were no where near fun enough to keep me interested.
I quit Reach after I hit max rank(before they updated it and added more).
I quit Halo 4 before the 1st dlc pack came out, I was around lvl 80 (I think?)

I’m currently an 85 in Halo 5 and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. Yes, there is alot of stuff that Halo 5 needs to add/fix (mainly maps and gametypes). But gameplay is really fun and addicting lol.

> 2533274819667356;16:
> > 2533274830366691;14:
> > > 2533274804182731;2:
> > > I don’t think players are abandoning Halo 5 as much as you might think. The player retention is the best it’s been since Halo 3 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s hard to say that the developers aren’t giving incentives for players to stick around when 343 is releasing monthly updates through June. There are more maps, playlists, and reqs to come.
> >
> >
> > Evidence… just because someone says it don’t mean its true. I remember when halo 2, 3 and reach told you the population… where are people getting these hard numbers
>
>
> I was thinking the same, Halo 3 had a pop of 1.1 mill a year after release, Halo 4 20k. Now, they don’t show any numbers.

It’s clear H5 does not have H3 numbers. I don’t believe it ever would have no matter how 343 created the game. Just different eras. Honestly I believe companies are doing away with in game pop because it doesn’t really matter or do any good. ‘People’ seem to live or die by numbers and declare a games rating off of Pop. Pop seems to create trouble more than anything. Bungie had in game pop. in previous games, but decided not to do it for Destiny. And it was pretty clear destiny had great numbers even a year after launch.

> 2533274872013539;5:
> I know personally, there are players that never played Halo until Halo 5.
>
> Yes… Tons of shtuff is missing. But it’s still a great game. Unless they kill off Chief…

I honestly think they won’t. This forum is like a whiney child most of the time, but the one thing people have been genuine and constructive about is the great love for master chief. The only way Microsoft or 343 would be willing to sign off on killing chief is if they were going to end the franchise. And since it makes them money, they won’t. At most I could see them showing MChief die in H6, but as a legendary ending credit show that he’s still alive and kicking. Which would skyrocket Halo 7 sales before it’s ever released. Wait a second, I think I’m on to something…

halo 5 had a campaign