Halo 5 AIs are dumbest in the series.

Im not joking when I say that in Halo 5, the hostile AIs are definitely not smart. This especially noticeable in Warzone.

I killed a knight with a ghost, and all it did was move around not even 10 feet most of the time. Not trying to take cover whatsoever or do anything interesting. It’s as dumb as a brick wall, and I feel like that’s what we’re shooting at most of the time in Warzone. Over powered bullet sponges.

Now, I killed that knight all by myself with a ghost. I was pretty close to it too. I just stood in the same spot for 5 minutes until it died.

Please take note of this and tell me why you think fighting the AIs in Warzone are somewhat fun?

Not saying Halo 5 is bad game, it’s very good, but previous games much more interactive and challenging AIs

I wish the AI could just run rampant in warzone instead of being confined to a very small area. I want random spawns and not to have them confined to certain areas and that would definitely help them not feel so useless.

I found that in Campaign, the enemy AI seems to be improved by quite a bit. They’ll take cover, switch weapons when you get too close, throw grenades, and run away when weakened. However, the allied AI seems really -Yoinking!- stupid. I was on the last segment of the mission Guardians and I got downed after the final wave of Knights at the end. When I requested help, Buck and Vale were on the other side of the room, jumping up and down or getting stuck on a man cannon, while Tanaka was busy being dead.

> 2535437652903765;3:
> I found that in Campaign, the enemy AI seems to be improved by quite a bit. They’ll take cover, switch weapons when you get too close, throw grenades, and run away when weakened. However, the allied AI seems really -Yoinking!- stupid. I was on the last segment of the mission Guardians and I got downed after the final wave of Knights at the end. When I requested help, Buck and Vale were on the other side of the room, jumping up and down or getting stuck on a man cannon, while Tanaka was busy being dead.

Knights still stand around in campaign. They don’t teleport or chase you. Crawlers don’t even climb walls in campaign like they used to in Halo 4. They’ll just wait for you to appear in front of them before they kill you. They won’t try to find a way to get behind the crate you’re hiding behind and kill you like they do in Halo 4

In war zone? Maybe, but that’s because the ai is having trouble selecting a target because there’s so many players, but in campaign? Hardly.

In fact I think they’re the smartest, but being smart is different than being hard to kill.

They’re not the smartest but they have huge damage and health buffs. Also, those elites need to be pitchers for an MLB team because they are deadly accurate with those plasma grenades.

> 2533274974284436;5:
> In war zone? Maybe, but that’s because the ai is having trouble selecting a target because there’s so many players, but in campaign? Hardly.

Normally 1 Spartan should be able to take down an enemy on his own.

In Warzone, if you’re by yourself, and have enough clear distance between you and the AI, it’ll take a couple of minutes to shoot at with a basic weapon.

I killed a Knight on my own, and it did nothing the whole time. I used a ghost.

If it was smart it should’ve A: teleported to safety, B: take cover since I kept shooting it forever. C: Try to kill me.

Soldiers are also by far the worst enemy in the campaign because they’re horribly annoying to kill. They also teleport to different locations NOT because they’re trying to find a different approach to kill you, and NOT because they’re avoiding damage like the Knights did in Halo 4, but because they were intentionally made to waste your time following them, which increases the amount of time before they die.

Btw knights can’t teleport in this game. As soldiers, what you call annoying, I call confusing and outsmarting.

> 2533274974284436;9:
> Btw knights can’t teleport in this game. As soldiers, what you call annoying, I call confusing and outsmarting.

I’ve never felt outsmarted once by the soldiers. Tel me how a soldier used the best of its abilities to kill you.

Like I said in previous post, the soldiers, unlike the Knights in Halo 4, teleport to waste time. Not because they’re avoiding damage or finding a new approach to kill you.

> 2535414369351666;4:
> > 2535437652903765;3:
> > I found that in Campaign, the enemy AI seems to be improved by quite a bit. They’ll take cover, switch weapons when you get too close, throw grenades, and run away when weakened. However, the allied AI seems really -Yoinking!- stupid. I was on the last segment of the mission Guardians and I got downed after the final wave of Knights at the end. When I requested help, Buck and Vale were on the other side of the room, jumping up and down or getting stuck on a man cannon, while Tanaka was busy being dead.
>
>
> Knights still stand around in campaign. They don’t teleport or chase you. Crawlers don’t even climb walls in campaign like they used to in Halo 4. They’ll just wait for you to appear in front of them before they kill you. They won’t try to find a way to get behind the crate you’re hiding behind and kill you like they do in Halo 4

Yeah. Covenant AI seem upgraded, but Promethean AI seem downgraded. What happened to the Watchers that would actually run away when being shot? Now they just kind of float around aimlessly, spawning in more stupid Crawlers and repairing Knights and Soldiers.

Honestly if I had a gold pack for every time a soldier ambushed me or teleported away while I was pumping lead into it, then have it immediately go back around the corner to knee me in the face, I’d have all the reqs by now.

I will admit that I do wish the crawlers climbed on walls still.

I wouldn’t say Halo 5 AI’s are the dumbest, but they aren’t the smartest either.

Would love to see how many spartans get killed by Promethean soldiers xD

> 2535414369351666;10:
> > 2533274974284436;9:
> > Btw knights can’t teleport in this game. As soldiers, what you call annoying, I call confusing and outsmarting.
>
>
> I’ve never felt outsmarted once by the soldiers. Tel me how a soldier used the best of its abilities to kill you.
>
> Like I said in previous post, the soldiers, unlike the Knights in Halo 4, teleport to waste time. Not because they’re avoiding damage or finding a new approach to kill you.

You also didn’t end the campaign on Legendary…
AI in Halo is not all the same some are very aggressive and triggerhappy others just relaxed pacifist’s.