Halo 5 - 1 star in store

I got this game just as region lock started (EU) so never knew about how bad it was before, i gave the game 5 stars, was great, competetive and stable for me. After region lock removal, the silence treatment by 343i and the fact that the servers somehow went from total crap after region lock gone, to this weeks insane crap i went to store to give it 1 star. If it keeps up like this i want a refund, because i cannot play the game. 80% of my games i DC. And the remaining 20% is just a lag fest. I have a good stable connection and open NAT, and no problems besides H5. And actually we are way beyond having to state that our connection could be the problem.

Last night i went to WZ (not touching arena like it is, which is what i actually want to play) 8 games 6x DC 2x lag crap Hell i have even started to DC from my customisations menu WTF.

343i arent responding to anything we post on here. I recommend voting in store with a 1-star, and telling them to wake up @halo on twitter. MS might actually wake up if they see the games star rating deteriorate because with 3 or lower stars gamers dont just buy it, then you go online to find out why a game only gets 3 stars.

I dont want to go into the pro/cons of region lock. Or that some of you belive that later today they will reveal a new matchmaking system. Fact is they have told us nothing, a vague sentence that could easily mean something different.

Netduma users report going 30 out of 30 games on US servers. that is translated to 100% crap gameplay.

We need an option to matchmake with a region lock or without one. That way, people in your predicament can play without lag, but those who don’t mind lag (or don’t have as much as you) can continue playing with no trouble finding matches.

> 2533274966784066;1:
> I got this game just as region lock started (EU) so never knew about how bad it was before, i gave the game 5 stars, was great, competetive and stable for me. After region lock removal, the silence treatment by 343i and the fact that the servers somehow went from total crap after region lock gone, to this weeks insane crap i went to store to give it 1 star. If it keeps up like this i want a refund, because i cannot play the game. 80% of my games i DC. And the remaining 20% is just a lag fest. I have a good stable connection and open NAT, and no problems besides H5. And actually we are way beyond having to state that our connection could be the problem.
>
> Last night i went to WZ (not touching arena like it is, which is what i actually want to play) 8 games 6x DC 2x lag crap Hell i have even started to DC from my customisations menu WTF.
>
> 343i arent responding to anything we post on here. I recommend voting in store with a 1-star, and telling them to wake up @halo on twitter. MS might actually wake up if they see the games star rating deteriorate because with 3 or lower stars gamers dont just buy it, then you go online to find out why a game only gets 3 stars.
>
> I dont want to go into the pro/cons of region lock. Or that some of you belive that later today they will reveal a new matchmaking system. Fact is they have told us nothing, a vague sentence that could easily mean something different.
>
> Netduma users report going 30 out of 30 games on US servers. that is translated to 100% crap gameplay.

Savage, voting 1 star and -Yoink-! Giving bad rep only hurts the game. Don’t you wan’t new players to buy the game?

> 2533274976607648;2:
> We need an option to matchmake with a region lock or without one. That way, people in your predicament can play without lag, but those who don’t mind lag (or don’t have as much as you) can continue playing with no trouble finding matches.

That is a really good idea, it would solve the problem for us in Australia that we can play competitively without lag and being able to find games really fast.

> 2533274850361394;3:
> > 2533274966784066;1:
> > I got this game just as region lock started (EU) so never knew about how bad it was before, i gave the game 5 stars, was great, competetive and stable for me. After region lock removal, the silence treatment by 343i and the fact that the servers somehow went from total crap after region lock gone, to this weeks insane crap i went to store to give it 1 star. If it keeps up like this i want a refund, because i cannot play the game. 80% of my games i DC. And the remaining 20% is just a lag fest. I have a good stable connection and open NAT, and no problems besides H5. And actually we are way beyond having to state that our connection could be the problem.
> >
> > Last night i went to WZ (not touching arena like it is, which is what i actually want to play) 8 games 6x DC 2x lag crap Hell i have even started to DC from my customisations menu WTF.
> >
> > 343i arent responding to anything we post on here. I recommend voting in store with a 1-star, and telling them to wake up @halo on twitter. MS might actually wake up if they see the games star rating deteriorate because with 3 or lower stars gamers dont just buy it, then you go online to find out why a game only gets 3 stars.
> >
> > I dont want to go into the pro/cons of region lock. Or that some of you belive that later today they will reveal a new matchmaking system. Fact is they have told us nothing, a vague sentence that could easily mean something different.
> >
> > Netduma users report going 30 out of 30 games on US servers. that is translated to 100% crap gameplay.
>
>
> Savage, voting 1 star and -Yoink-! Giving bad rep only hurts the game. Don’t you wan’t new players to buy the game?

Cant answer for you, but i would in no way recommend to buy this game as it is. Cant play it from europe.

And yes matchmaking preferences is a good idea, they just dont have it. Region lock should at least be reinstated until there is a better solution.

Halo still has too big of a name to care about stars in-store. its microsofts flagship if they want they can FORCE a fake 5star rating -.- its like cod except when a cod is bad like ghosts (dont think it was bad just the weapons sucked but yeah… thats cod in general so who cares?)
when a cod is bad, everyone knows why.
When someone says “halo is a bad game” and when i say “why?”
and if they ever reply with “because 343i does not listen” you can be damn sure il rage.

343 listens more to the community than any other developer.
you got lag? though -Yoink-. get better internet connection. can’t find a match? well thats probably because none of your buddies is playing halo because you vae it a one star rating.

its a cycle you see.

> 2533274850361394;3:
> > 2533274966784066;1:
> > I got this game just as region lock started (EU) so never knew about how bad it was before, i gave the game 5 stars, was great, competetive and stable for me. After region lock removal, the silence treatment by 343i and the fact that the servers somehow went from total crap after region lock gone, to this weeks insane crap i went to store to give it 1 star. If it keeps up like this i want a refund, because i cannot play the game. 80% of my games i DC. And the remaining 20% is just a lag fest. I have a good stable connection and open NAT, and no problems besides H5. And actually we are way beyond having to state that our connection could be the problem.
> >
> > Last night i went to WZ (not touching arena like it is, which is what i actually want to play) 8 games 6x DC 2x lag crap Hell i have even started to DC from my customisations menu WTF.
> >
> > 343i arent responding to anything we post on here. I recommend voting in store with a 1-star, and telling them to wake up @halo on twitter. MS might actually wake up if they see the games star rating deteriorate because with 3 or lower stars gamers dont just buy it, then you go online to find out why a game only gets 3 stars.
> >
> > I dont want to go into the pro/cons of region lock. Or that some of you belive that later today they will reveal a new matchmaking system. Fact is they have told us nothing, a vague sentence that could easily mean something different.
> >
> > Netduma users report going 30 out of 30 games on US servers. that is translated to 100% crap gameplay.
>
>
> Savage, voting 1 star and -Yoink-! Giving bad rep only hurts the game. Don’t you wan’t new players to buy the game?

Was thinking the same thing here. This would only make it worse

> 2533274868062286;7:
> > 2533274850361394;3:
> > > 2533274966784066;1:
> > > I got this game just as region lock started (EU) so never knew about how bad it was before, i gave the game 5 stars, was great, competetive and stable for me. After region lock removal, the silence treatment by 343i and the fact that the servers somehow went from total crap after region lock gone, to this weeks insane crap i went to store to give it 1 star. If it keeps up like this i want a refund, because i cannot play the game. 80% of my games i DC. And the remaining 20% is just a lag fest. I have a good stable connection and open NAT, and no problems besides H5. And actually we are way beyond having to state that our connection could be the problem.
> > >
> > > Last night i went to WZ (not touching arena like it is, which is what i actually want to play) 8 games 6x DC 2x lag crap Hell i have even started to DC from my customisations menu WTF.
> > >
> > > 343i arent responding to anything we post on here. I recommend voting in store with a 1-star, and telling them to wake up @halo on twitter. MS might actually wake up if they see the games star rating deteriorate because with 3 or lower stars gamers dont just buy it, then you go online to find out why a game only gets 3 stars.
> > >
> > > I dont want to go into the pro/cons of region lock. Or that some of you belive that later today they will reveal a new matchmaking system. Fact is they have told us nothing, a vague sentence that could easily mean something different.
> > >
> > > Netduma users report going 30 out of 30 games on US servers. that is translated to 100% crap gameplay.
> >
> >
> > Savage, voting 1 star and -Yoink-! Giving bad rep only hurts the game. Don’t you wan’t new players to buy the game?
>
>
> Was thinking the same thing here. This would only make it worse

I think 343 have you right where they want you then. Afraid to critique. A star rating should represent a games worth. It’s 1 star right now, can’t be played. I will ofc re-rate if they fix the server issues. But if a EU friend asked me if he should buy the game, I’d not say ofc it’s 5 stars, I’d be a bad friend then.

> 2533274913498763;6:
> Halo still has too big of a name to care about stars in-store. its microsofts flagship if they want they can FORCE a fake 5star rating -.- its like cod except when a cod is bad like ghosts (dont think it was bad just the weapons sucked but yeah… thats cod in general so who cares?)
> when a cod is bad, everyone knows why.
> When someone says “halo is a bad game” and when i say “why?”
> and if they ever reply with “because 343i does not listen” you can be damn sure il rage.
>
> 343 listens more to the community than any other developer.
> you got lag? though -Yoink-. get better internet connection. can’t find a match? well thats probably because none of your buddies is playing halo because you vae it a one star rating.
>
> its a cycle you see.

You can’t tell people to get better Internet when the only game they’re having a problem with is Halo 5. In this scenario, Halo 5 is the problem, not people’s Internet connection.

> 2533274913498763;6:
> Halo still has too big of a name to care about stars in-store. its microsofts flagship if they want they can FORCE a fake 5star rating -.- its like cod except when a cod is bad like ghosts (dont think it was bad just the weapons sucked but yeah… thats cod in general so who cares?)
> when a cod is bad, everyone knows why.
> When someone says “halo is a bad game” and when i say “why?”
> and if they ever reply with “because 343i does not listen” you can be damn sure il rage.
>
> 343 listens more to the community than any other developer.
> you got lag? though -Yoink-. get better internet connection. can’t find a match? well thats probably because none of your buddies is playing halo because you vae it a one star rating.
>
> its a cycle you see.

Think you missed the point. The game is not playable for a lot of EU, unless you are super casual and don’t care about anything even DC. 343i is giving the silent treatment, and that’s the worst customer relations strategy any company can adopt. Don’t think they would fake a star rating, and rating a game should be a process. This is not the 5 star game I bought, played and love(d).

Stars are meant to reflect the game’s total playability globally (NOT just wherever you are), and Halo 5 certainly isn’t one of the games that isn’t unplayable. People play it in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, and so on.

In your case, it’s entirely your connection and region. Giving a 1 star rating just because YOU live in a an area with crappy support is pretty shallow.

Not that it matters anyways. If someone goes by the star rating alone on Halo, they shouldn’t be gaming to begin with.

> 2533274913498763;6:
> Halo still has too big of a name to care about stars in-store. its microsofts flagship if they want they can FORCE a fake 5star rating -.- its like cod except when a cod is bad like ghosts (dont think it was bad just the weapons sucked but yeah… thats cod in general so who cares?)
> when a cod is bad, everyone knows why.
> When someone says “halo is a bad game” and when i say “why?”
> and if they ever reply with “because 343i does not listen” you can be damn sure il rage.
>
> 343 listens more to the community than any other developer.
> you got lag? though -Yoink-. get better internet connection. can’t find a match? well thats probably because none of your buddies is playing halo because you vae it a one star rating.
>
> its a cycle you see.

It’s funny how the majority of the EU players are having connection issues. Are you going to tell all of them to upgrade internet services?

Aussie here, I am DC’d out of Warzone these days, but Breakout has been fine strangely enough.

I feel sorry for EU players, how did it pass certification there with such poor server coverage?

> 2533274920661939;11:
> Stars are meant to reflect the game’s total playability globally (NOT just wherever you are), and Halo 5 certainly isn’t one of the games that isn’t unplayable. People play it in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, and so on.
>
> In your case, it’s entirely your connection and region. Giving a 1 star rating just because YOU live in a an area with crappy support is pretty shallow.
>
> Not that it matters anyways. If someone goes by the star rating alone on Halo, they shouldn’t be gaming to begin with.

Funny that previous Halo titles had better support then isnt it. They should rate it down just on this basis alone. The fact that people who didn’t have issue in previous Halo have issues in this onis a big big problem and shouldn’t be treated lightly, especially on a game that is always online.

I hopped in war zone turbo for a quick match before I take the kid to the park and the game immediately glitches and we had no access to REQ’s for the entire match so I quit out

> 2533274920661939;11:
> Stars are meant to reflect the game’s total playability globally (NOT just wherever you are), and Halo 5 certainly isn’t one of the games that isn’t unplayable. People play it in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, and so on.
>
> In your case, it’s entirely your connection and region. Giving a 1 star rating just because YOU live in a an area with crappy support is pretty shallow.
>
> Not that it matters anyways. If someone goes by the star rating alone on Halo, they shouldn’t be gaming to begin with.

No. I had no issues during region lock, games were fast to find also. They broke the game, and no my star rating is my experience of the game, I don’t have to take the globe into consideration.

> 2533274803562826;14:
> > 2533274920661939;11:
> > Stars are meant to reflect the game’s total playability globally (NOT just wherever you are), and Halo 5 certainly isn’t one of the games that isn’t unplayable. People play it in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, and so on.
> >
> > In your case, it’s entirely your connection and region. Giving a 1 star rating just because YOU live in a an area with crappy support is pretty shallow.
> >
> > Not that it matters anyways. If someone goes by the star rating alone on Halo, they shouldn’t be gaming to begin with.
>
>
> Funny that previous Halo titles had better support then isnt it. They should rate it down just on this basis alone. The fact that people who didn’t have issue in previous Halo have issues in this onis a big big problem and shouldn’t be treated lightly, especially on a game that is always online.

Halos always had server issues. There’s a reason we have dedicated servers since not everyone liked the peer to peer servers (myself included). No server is ever going to be perfect for everyone. Like op says, he had it fine when the locks were in place but there were people who had bad experiences because of the locks. The best they can do is give options but it won’t fix it for everyone.

If it is as bad as you as it is then its a great way for 343 to lose customers.
They should be much more careful with their fanbase.
If i’m not wrong, Halo 5 has very few players compared to the other Halo titles. (when they where popular).

343 should definitely do something about it.

> 2533274923562209;17:
> > 2533274803562826;14:
> > > 2533274920661939;11:
> > > Stars are meant to reflect the game’s total playability globally (NOT just wherever you are), and Halo 5 certainly isn’t one of the games that isn’t unplayable. People play it in UK, US, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Mexico, and so on.
> > >
> > > In your case, it’s entirely your connection and region. Giving a 1 star rating just because YOU live in a an area with crappy support is pretty shallow.
> > >
> > > Not that it matters anyways. If someone goes by the star rating alone on Halo, they shouldn’t be gaming to begin with.
> >
> >
> > Funny that previous Halo titles had better support then isnt it. They should rate it down just on this basis alone. The fact that people who didn’t have issue in previous Halo have issues in this onis a big big problem and shouldn’t be treated lightly, especially on a game that is always online.
>
>
> Halos always had server issues. There’s a reason we have dedicated servers since not everyone liked the peer to peer servers (myself included). No server is ever going to be perfect for everyone. Like op says, he had it fine when the locks were in place but there were people who had bad experiences because of the locks. The best they can do is give options but it won’t fix it for everyone.

I know that but the Xbox one generation of the Halo games has had worse servers thn ever it seems, I know networking is an absolute pain in the grunt but it feels like we have taking a step backwards

> 2533274976607648;2:
> We need an option to matchmake with a region lock or without one. That way, people in your predicament can play without lag, but those who don’t mind lag (or don’t have as much as you) can continue playing with no trouble finding matches.

^ This ^
I like not having region lock because in the UK I couldn’t even match in FFA with region lock. Now I can play anything and the lag is pretty much un noticeable for me. I appreciate it’s frustrating for Yanks who are used to everyone playing in the same country as the servers.