Halo 5 #1 on USA preorder chart. Opinions?

As of yesterday, Halo 5 is the most preordered game on the USA preorder chart. Lets face it guys, Halo 5 isn’t going to be bad. BF and COD are so much more unbalanced and filled with dumb mechanics than Halo 5 could ever hope to be. Honestly, GARBAGE is that stuff you throw in a trash can. Halo 5 looks like a cool sci-fi shooter with gorgeous art style and graphics. Not to mention that the game is actually MORE balanced than Bungies Halo:Reach. 343 is doing good by my terms. They can’t keep catering Only to the few hundred thousand 25 year olds who still play Halo. They need to have a great balanced game with features that will attract new players, EVEN youngsters. Why the hell not? We were all the little squeaker Halo players once, so don’t complain.

Edit: Even though kids will think that Halo 5 will be easy, just because the aiming is similar, they are in for a bit of an awakening when they are required to adapt to the very low aim assist, and the lack of golden guns that kill people with 3 bullets. No more kill streaks. No more panic knives. No more sprinting off in their own directions. They are going to learn that Halo’s more symmetrical and arena style maps, will require a lot more team work and skill, not just being the first guy to start shooting.

Edit #2. One of you geniuses mentioned Halo 5 not having any competition. FYI, many games, such as a popular military game with a lot of destruction and big maps,is out in 4 weeks, so it SHOULD have more preorders, but yet it does not. Hmm, a game that is coming out in 8 months is still getting more preorders than a game that will be out very soon. Halo 5 hype confirmed? Lack of hype for that other military game confirmed?

Its rate of pre order is pretty impressive too. Plus 2800 a week for an exclusive title with no announced or imminent release date?

This gon’ be good.

> 2533274857398125;2:
> Its rate of pre order is pretty impressive too. Plus 2800 a week for an exclusive title with no announced or imminent release date?
>
> This gon’ be good.

It is indeed impressive. Proves people like what they see, despite the Internet being filled with hate and bile.

Battlefield especially and even COD aren’t garbage. They just appeal to different sorts of players than Halo. That’s why H4 made a mistake in trying to “COD-ify” itself w/ loadouts, perks, and ordnance drops. Fortunately it seems like 343 has learned from that mistake.

I don’t like COD that much anymore but Battlefield 4 is a very balanced, damn good game. It launched nearly as broken as MCC but the game is an excellent state as of today, and it’s still the best looking shooter on the market, at least on PC. The main problem with BF is unlike Halo or COD, it’s not a game you can pick up and have that much fun by yourself. Kinda need a squad to make a difference in 64 person servers.

I started each of these franchises with the original games. So Halo CE, COD, and BF 1942. Have played every installment of Halo and BF since, although I’ve skipped a few CODs since MW2. Each series has its own strengths and weaknesses… you can’t beat COD for pick-up-and-play instant gratification; it’s almost like a AAA iPad game for consoles. BF has some of the most jaw dropping and dynamic MP moments out there due to the scale of their game. Halo has the largest skill gap due to TTK and is IMO the one worth playing the longest.

As far as H5 preorders, remember VGChartz is just an estimate and is notoriously unreliable. I can’t think of another game that would be more preordered than Halo 5 right now anyway, except maybe Star Wars: Battlefront. As we get closer to the fall schedule where H5 is going against Uncharted, Battlefront, COD, and whatever else is rolling out this holiday, preorder numbers will probably be more important. And we know it will likely get smoked in sales to COD and Battlefront because those games are multiplatform and Halo is an X1 exclusive, so comparing how it does to Uncharted 4 will probably be the biggest tell of H5’s retail success.

All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.

> 2533274822366750;5:
> All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.

Or they liked halo 5?

> 2533274857398125;6:
> > 2533274822366750;5:
> > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
>
>
> Or they liked halo 5?

I’m not just talking about Halo 5.

Lol they can have fun with a broken game

> 2533274800197828;4:
> And we know it will likely get smoked in sales to COD and Battlefront because those games are multiplatform and Halo is an X1 exclusive, so comparing how it does to Uncharted 4 will probably be the biggest tell of H5’s retail success.

And that comparison will be a very difficult one with twice as many PS4’s sold worldwide.

What’s really fascinating is that we have seen so little of the game so far.

Yeah we’ve played the Beta but it seems as though the big MP reveal will be something we havn’t seen in a Halo game before.
And we know almost nothing about campaign, new forge and other secret features yet.

With the ‘leaked’ live action screen I’m pretty sure there will be a huge marketing push too (Spielberg series anyone?).

> 2533274793332039;9:
> > 2533274800197828;4:
> > And we know it will likely get smoked in sales to COD and Battlefront because those games are multiplatform and Halo is an X1 exclusive, so comparing how it does to Uncharted 4 will probably be the biggest tell of H5’s retail success.
>
>
> And that comparison will be a very difficult one with twice as many PS4’s sold worldwide.
>
> What’s really fascinating is that we have seen so little of the game so far.
>
> Yeah we’ve played the Beta but it seems as though the big MP reveal will be something we havn’t seen in a Halo game before.
> And we know almost nothing about campaign, new forge and other secret features yet.
>
> With the ‘leaked’ live action screen I’m pretty sure there will be a huge marketing push too (Spielberg series anyone?).

True. And who owns a PS4 and isn’t getting Uncharted 4? My roommate has a PS4 strictly to play The Show and Madden on, and I will be buying Uncharted 4 and playing it on his console.

Good!

Though I may not be pre-ordering it unless they give me a decent incentive, I’m glad it’s having a good reception so far.

> 2533274857398125;6:
> > 2533274822366750;5:
> > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
>
>
> Or they liked halo 5?

Preordering games in general is bad.

> 2533274973373704;13:
> > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > 2533274822366750;5:
> > > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
> >
> >
> >
> > Or they liked halo 5?
>
>
> Preordering games in general is bad.

Not in all cases.

> 2533274973373704;13:
> > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > 2533274822366750;5:
> > > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
> >
> >
> >
> > Or they liked halo 5?
>
>
> Preordering games in general is bad.

Not until 2014 when all the big companies were trying to chug crap out to sell on the next gen consoles.

> 2533274828579555;14:
> > 2533274973373704;13:
> > > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > > 2533274822366750;5:
> > > > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Or they liked halo 5?
> >
> >
> >
> > Preordering games in general is bad.
>
>
> Not in all cases.

If it’s about a week before release, sure. But otherwise, no.

> 2533274828579555;14:
> > 2533274973373704;13:
> > > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > > 2533274822366750;5:
> > > > All those numbers on that chart makes me want to throw up. I guess people just want gaming to die.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Or they liked halo 5?
> >
> >
> >
> > Preordering games in general is bad.
>
>
> Not in all cases.

But mostly.

> 2533274882999606;1:
> As of yesterday, Halo 5 is the most preordered game on the USA preorder chart. Lets face it guys, Halo 5 isn’t going to be bad. BF and COD are so much more unbalanced and filled with dumb mechanics than Halo 5 could ever hope to be. Honestly, GARBAGE is that stuff you throw in a trash can. Halo 5 looks like a cool sci-fi shooter with gorgeous art style and graphics. Not to mention that the game is actually MORE balanced than Bungies Halo:Reach. 343 is doing good by my terms. They can’t keep catering Only to the few hundred thousand 25 year olds who still play Halo. They need to have a great balanced game with features that will attract new players, EVEN youngsters. Why the hell not? We were all the little squeaker Halo players once, so don’t complain.

can you provide your link? I would like to see it myself.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> > 2533274857398125;2:
> > Its rate of pre order is pretty impressive too. Plus 2800 a week for an exclusive title with no announced or imminent release date?
> >
> > This gon’ be good.
>
>
> It is indeed impressive. Proves people like what they see, despite the Internet being filled with hate and bile.

Hate is more boisterous on the internet than love. internet 101. I think there is a very large group of people who are very excited for halo 5.

> 2533274932540799;3:
> > 2533274857398125;2:
> > Its rate of pre order is pretty impressive too. Plus 2800 a week for an exclusive title with no announced or imminent release date?
> >
> > This gon’ be good.
>
>
> It is indeed impressive. Proves people like what they see, despite the Internet being filled with hate and bile.

Well stated… I preordered the Limited Collector’s edition months ago