Halo 4's underpowered jet pack

Halo 4’s jet pack seems a little weak compared to Reach’s. I can’t even jet pack to the top of the building in Complex. That’s disappointing.

Agreed. 343 nerfed the jet pack way too much in this game.

You came to the wrong place to complain about jetpack. But I agree with you wholeheartedly.

It was nerfed for a reason. Still see plenty of people using it well.

Yea they should just remove it. :wink:

Nerf’d yes, but still useful if not more then Reach.

It’s a vertical thrusterpack essentially. Can;t even get me back on the mammoth when i dropped off and had to sprint as it picked up speed. my bad. =/

lol

In Reach, people complained Jetpack was to OP
343 nerfs it and its suddenly too nerfed and needs a buff

There’s a jetpack? I thought it was a glorified fart container…

Just like thrusters is the inbred step-child of Evade, H4s Jetpack is some throw-back, buck-toothed relative shoe-horned into the place of a better AA…

> There’s a jetpack? I thought it was a glorified fart container…
>
> Just like thrusters is the inbred step-child of Evade, H4s Jetpack is some throw-back, buck-toothed relative shoe-horned into the place of a better AA…

Thrusters arn’t supposed to be like evade. Besides evade was OP anyway. And so the jet pack is now bad because you can’t break maps with it anymore?

> Thrusters arn’t supposed to be like evade. Besides evade was OP anyway. And so the jet pack is now bad because you can’t break maps with it anymore?

I never saw any ‘breaking’ of maps that couldn’t be solved by applied DMR fire or a sniper bullet to the brain. And there were at least maps that encourage the use of the jetpack for being tactical (Sword Base was a good one). Now, what’s the point? tl;dr there is none.

Evade may have been ‘OP’ but Thrusters are just woeful. I have never once seen them used effectively (bar the grossly OP’d variant in Flood).

> lol
>
> In Reach, people complained Jetpack was to OP
> 343 nerfs it and its suddenly too nerfed and needs a buff

Welcome to the waypoint forums!

Armor Abilities in general just seem useless, don’t even get me started on autosentry.

> > lol
> >
> > In Reach, people complained Jetpack was to OP
> > 343 nerfs it and its suddenly too nerfed and needs a buff
>
> Welcome to the waypoint forums!

I’ve known of this stupidity since before E3. Its been the same thing over and over again.

Jetpack was made to help you control your jumps while giving you a boost. Not a replacement for running. It was OP’d because people were going too high with it. I like it now because it gives you just the right amount of height to fix bad jumps.

Thruster is NOT made to replace Evade. It is made to avoid vehicles and oncoming explosives. Evade was made to get more distance from running and confuse opponents. 343 did not try to nerf the Thrusters, they removed it completely.

I think they should slow its speed however increase its duration and therefore the height it can reach.

All these ‘complaints’ about jetpack are new to me. The only AA I remember people ever talking about was Armour Lock, for obvious reasons.

Jetpack was balanced by, oh look! A flying guy I can see miles away! Open fire! Evade was only ever in certain playlists anyway (mostly Invasion) so that wasn’t such an issue. No one could claim Sprint was ‘OP’d’…ok, this is the Internet, they probably could. But no one seemed to.

After the reliably solid offering from Reach, the H4 AAs just feel washed out by comparison.

Uhm… Your fuel burns up a little faster, but it doesn’t have that takeoff lag that Reach’s had. I think it’s actually a small nerf and a big buff. FAR more useful to me this way than the other.

You always have this kind of problem with mass production models.

Holy God, Halo has been dominated by a total noob mindset.