Halo 4's Ricochet gametype is broken on MCC?

A few days ago I loaded up this gametype in an offline custom game just to see what it was like, but nothing spawned at all. The ball did not appear, and neither did the hoops you are supposed to throw it through. I also tried changing the ball spawn method in the gamemode settings to see if it would fix it, to no avail. Does anyone have any idea as to what the issue could be?

Halo 4 on the MCC has been notoriously inconsistent with objective functionality since launch. I’ve experienced this same phenomenon with Ricochet, Static King of the Hill, & Griffball. Sometimes the objective only appears when you have more than one player in the lobby, and sometimes it simply doesn’t based on what map your using.

A map that is currently working with Ricochet is Pitfall, in case you’re still looking to play around with it.

And with Season 4 coming around the corner in less than a week, I have faith a lot of these bugs will be addressed and fixed in no time.

> 2533274978592987;2:
> Halo 4 on the MCC has been notoriously inconsistent with objective functionality since launch. I’ve experienced this same phenomenon with Ricochet, Static King of the Hill, & Griffball. Sometimes the objective only appears when you have more than one player in the lobby, and sometimes it simply doesn’t based on what map your using.
>
> A map that is currently working with Ricochet is Pitfall, in case you’re still looking to play around with it.
>
> And with Season 4 coming around the corner in less than a week, I have faith a lot of these bugs will be addressed and fixed in no time.

Wow. I had no idea this was also an issue with King of the Hill and Grifball. I don’t play online on the MCC, I just do offline three player split-screen with my two siblings. Since there are only three of us, we tend to just do Slayer FFA, and rarely Oddball, and never get bored of it!

Anyway, the possibility that it might require at least one other player to work did indeed occur to me, but it still didn’t work after adding a second player, which brings us to the next bit of your post.

I find it amusing that the map I chose, Griffball court, did not work, as I was actually under the impression that this gametype could only be selected on this map. I suppose I’ll give it a try on Pitfall.

Let us hope they don’t forget this mode exists and fixes it alongside any other issues.