Halo 4's ranking up system (Time)

Alright so this post before you say anything is not a full fledge discussion about 1-50 or Reach’s ranking system. Actually it is about the time it takes to rank from one level to the next.

I don’t know about the rest of the community, but I for one liked that it took much more time to rank up in Halo 2/3 then in Reach. It really showed who played the game and earned it (for the most part excluding boosters)

Honestly don’t point fingers and say oh blah he was general in Halo 3 etc. Honestly I’m a Commander Grade 3 in that game and Im about to become a field marshall in Halo Reach.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I don’t like how everyone can reach the highest rank and so easily. I had Halo 3 when it first came out and I only made it to Commander 3.

So please hear me out and make Halo 4 challenging to rank up cause that is what keeps people coming back to play, so they can achieve or overcome something difficult!

P.S. I don’t like the unrealistic ranks in Reach it just doesn’t go over well with me.

Alright so I think if 1-50 comes back then an exp system should be implanted within the Rank system

Lets say you are trying to reach level 22 after becoming level 21 well you need 5 points to rank up again.

1=win
2=win and MVP
-1=loss
0=loss and MVP
=1=+7K/D ratio

Also for maybe if you combine the 1-50 and Reach ranking system together it would work by being rated after every season like Reach so you get paired with the closest skilled players to you but 1-50 is still there and goes towards ranking up from commander to colonels etc.

So basically you could be playing a 5 even if you are a 35 if his individual rank is the same as yours. This way if you don’t play for a while your rank will not be hurt that much and you will slowly go up with your individual rank.

So basically you will always be playing against equal players, but still have the 1-50 to rank you up.

we need the 1-50 ranking system

> we need the 1-50 ranking system

yes we at least need something like it to make ranking up take more time and or make it more difficult.

i do miss 1-50 maybe make it a larger ranks list though maybe 1-70 or 100 im not sure if that would be too much

> > we need the 1-50 ranking system
>
> yes we at least need something like it to make ranking up take more time and or make it more difficult.

I miss the 1-50 system too. i think they do need to fix some of the gliches though

I agree with this.
I dislike it that the ranking system no longer has 1-50.

> I agree with this.
> I dislike it that the ranking system no longer has 1-50.

yes so we all here can agree that 1-50 was fine and that it made ranking take more time and made it more challenging.

Yes, i also think that because 1-50 was there the Ranked and Social playlist ideas really worked.

And it actually made people play the objective because you needed to win to go up in skill, now in Reach you get cR for kills so people hardly go for the flag.

And when you went down in a gametype you only wanted to play even more to get it back up and improve.

Even if the 1-50 doesn´t really work we had fun seeing our number grows. In Reach there is no motivation at all.

> Even if the 1-50 doesn´t really work we had fun seeing our number grows. In Reach there is no motivation at all.

Yes exactly and I came up with a way to make 1-50 less random with rising and falling.

So basically in this system there is and EXP system within 1-50

so lets say if your tyring to get to level 22 and you just became 21 you will need 6 points.

1=win
2=win and MVP
-1=Loss
0=Loss and MVP
1extra point=+7 k/d ratio

4 needs a ranking system that’s based on personal skill, not win/loss. I’ve lost the ability to rank up in Halo 3 (been stuck at 34 for many years) because of being matched with terrible teamates while I am still able to perform well.

It would be a shame if 343i doesn´t implent a good ranking system like in Halo 2 or 3.

@Chunky Monkey
I love your idea. You should know how many matches you have to win and how many kills you need to level.

I just wish you get something more if you’re mvp in a match this time around.

> I just wish you get something more if you’re mvp in a match this time around.

This may pose as a problem and prompt bad play. For example if in Capture the flag Player 1red had 1 flag capture and Player 2red had 1 flag capture. Player 1red has got the flag back to his base and is a few feet away from the capture Player 2red betrays and get’s the capture.

What they need to do for Halo 4 is to have both Halo Reach Cr System and the 1-50 System in Halo 4, the Halo Reach Cr system will work the same way cr’s for armor and ranking up your military rank just like in Halo Reach but use the 1-50 system for the hardcore playlist so you can see what your trueskill is and also have that skill level to standout on your gamertag in the lobby’s of Halo 4 so people can see your highest skill.

1-50 has to effect your rank or it will suck

I really hated Halo 3 ranking. At least keep credits in there so you can buy stuff!

halo 3 even if you went 50-0 every game and your team lost you would not rank up but the -Yoink- on the other team who went 0-50 would

> It would be a shame if 343i doesn´t implent a good ranking system like in Halo 2 or 3.
>
> @Chunky Monkey
> I love your idea. You should know how many matches you have to win and how many kills you need to level.

Yeah it would be on your service record when your on the playlist and will show you.

So like in Halo 3 when the TU came you could see your Team Slayer XP, it would work kinda like that.

> halo 3 even if you went 50-0 every game and your team lost you would not rank up but the Yoink! on the other team who went 0-50 would

you can’t lose if your 50-0 its 50 points to win.