Halo 4's Problem.

Before i state why i just want to say i am no blind hater. I enjoy most of what halo 4 is.

That being said i think Halo 4’s biggest problem is 343’s lack of handling things properly.

For example this new armor upgrade that will make the time between a shield recharge faster. The community has stated very loudly after the recent TU that we need faster recharging shields because the instant respawn issue is more aperent. So instead of releasing a TU (with other changes ofc) to give us a faster shield recharge time we get a “perk.” This further encourages a proper or best loadout and deminishes a players choice. Why choose anything else? This is also seen in BTB where wheelman is almost essential due to PP.

Another great example is how they handle playlists. We now have two BTB playlists instead of one that features both slayer and objective. rumble pit should be renamed to rumble pro because of how heavily pro is weighted. DLC is hardly ever an option to play because someone may not have the DLC. Games like oddball and KOTH are only possible to play on DLC now due to the removal of team objective.

It’s 343’s first game. I understand they have a lot of ideas that sound cool and exciting. But when your gaming community hands you a solution you should look at it instead of making your own solution to it.

I’ll hand them one right now. People are divided on some of these new mechanics. Some want No AA’s and sprint. Some want both. So why not make a competitive and a social braket for playlists?

In competitive you’d see things like team slayer, BTB, team objective, SWAT and snipers etc. All without AA’s POD instant spawns and JIP. Then in social You’d have things like regicide, infinity slayer, action sack, BTB, team objective infection etc. But These would have acess to JIP instant spawn AA’s, sprint, POD.

So while halo 4 has some fantastic ideas and plays fun sometimes It falls short on a lot of obvious things. Considering how late we are into halo 4 i doubt anything big will be done. I can only hope that 343 has learned from things in halo 4 and halo 5 proves to be much more of a fun experience.

> It’s 343’s first game. I understand they have a lot of ideas that sound cool and exciting. But when your gaming community hands you a solution you should look at it instead of making your own solution to it.

Number one problem right there.

> > It’s 343’s first game. I understand they have a lot of ideas that sound cool and exciting. But when your gaming community hands you a solution you should look at it instead of making your own solution to it.
>
> Number one problem right there.

I don’t know. It just seems like 343 is more resistive to change things not due to limitations but rather it’s their first game and they don’t want to change certain things. It took them forever to finally start adding game type variety instead of just stream lining a single one per playlist.

I know 343 listens. I just feel like they are a kid in a position of power sometimes. Where what they say goes because their ideas are awesome.

The main problem is that they insist on changing and redesigning everything even if it’s not broken…

I actually think perks can benefit more from Halo then from CoD. Different perks like faster shield recharge, faster shield charging, faster or higher health regenerating (but needs health added back in), more focused bloom when crouching or not moving, quicker grenade timer, higher jumping, etc.

In CoD, a lot of perks are mostly just “counters” to a weapon, equipment or Killstreak from the other team that loses its purpose once it succeeds.

I have no problem with perks in general, but some of the H4 ones are very ill-advised.

Resupply, resistor, and survivor are bad ideas, IMO. I will just echo what has already been said.

What we really need is universal 1-sec faster shield regen times.

1-second faster? Add that to the Shield regen we have now, and you have the unstoppable shield regen system. The new “Perk” in the loadouts are neat, but will greatly change how the game is played.

Listening to the community that isn’t monolithic means listening to many different PoV’s.

The community cannot be ignored by giving the option for the Pit, new/returning armour and skins, as well as previously a weapons update that makes the Carbine and BR as deadly as their MLG: H3 variants with MLG: H3 movement settings with a free Forge map that allows for multiple flat surface constructions.

Competitive, Machinima, Forgers and Recreational players have all been listened to. No you don’t get everything you want but to act like 343i isn’t listening because your community isn’t being exclusively and completely catered to is very childish.

> Listening to the community that isn’t monolithic means listening to many different PoV’s.
>
> The community cannot be ignored by giving the option for the Pit, new/returning armour and skins, as well as previously a weapons update that makes the Carbine and BR as deadly as their MLG: H3 variants with MLG: H3 movement settings with a free Forge map that allows for multiple flat surface constructions.
>
> Competitive, Machinima, Forgers and Recreational players have all been listened to. No you don’t get everything you want but to act like 343i isn’t listening because your community isn’t being exclusively and completely catered to is very childish.

I am not arguing that they don’t listen at all. Infact if you read any of my back posts i’m telling people they do. I am arguing that they handle things poorly sometimes. I feel you jumped the gun considering you have agreed with a handful of my posts.

I even said i enjoyed halo 4 as a whole. Yes some of the fixes they have made is good. But that does not excuse how poorly they have handled feedback on certain issues. How they still haven’t given us a word on legendary slayer. How they haven’t told us how our itch to play an elite is going to be addressed.

343 is learning i get that. But you don’t need to act like every decision they have gone with is correct. Both playlists and DLC can be handled much better. Custom games are still a mess. I don’t need to give you a list.

> > It’s 343’s first game. I understand they have a lot of ideas that sound cool and exciting. But when your gaming community hands you a solution you should look at it instead of making your own solution to it.
>
> Number one problem right there.

Yea they should really have more people communicating with the community in general. Often I get on the forums and my words go silent… so I don’t post. Just some feedback would be awesome

Nice post, OP.

Holy crap, they took out Team Objective? These are really tough times for Halo. It’s like the Dark Ages.